Wow | The Boneyard

Wow

Reaction Score
If not mistaken, UConn has lost two games this season, both to teams ranked higher.

I was disappointed with the Oregon score too. It would be nice at this point to be in the driver’s seat going into the tournament.

But I can’t get behind the analyses on this forum that UConn is a bust this year and that Geno has lost his coaching acumen.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
As I’ve been reading, I’ve been thinking....

93C2722E-46E8-44FC-99C8-7C3F4DAB7750.jpeg

Reaction Score
My assessment of our team is as follows:

Crystal is playing her part well.

Megan has been given a tough task. She needs to defend bigger players and be a big-time scorer as well.

Both Liv and CW are learning entirely new roles for themselves vis-a-vis last year.

The two first years have talent but are uneven as most first years are.

We have two big bodies that have a month to show that they can help the cause.

And Kyla and Molly are who they are, no better but capable of spots here and there.

Will these parts coalesce and win it all? I’m not sure but to me there is enough talent to go the distance.

Reaction Score
2018-2019 Season Uconn Beat Notre Dame in December and then loss to Notre dame in the final four...

I feel like by March Uconn will be fully formed like Voltron and we will learn from the Baylor and Oregon loss.

Regular season is preparation for March

Last edited:

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I'd hoped this team would be better by now, but it is what it is. They effectively have about 6.5 players. There's no room for error. Three players carry most of the scoring. One of them is off, the game is more competitive, two are off (as last night), the game will be trouble. They have one true big and one athletic wing who's a freshman. If Olivia (as is her wont) gets in foul trouble, the game is more competitive. Aubrey's still learning the offense.

So I'm disappointed but not distraught, nor surprised. Next year UConn brings on more size and two really good point guards. The team isn't playing pretty this year, but I haven't given up on them. To borrow from Monty Python (eh, eh, nudge, nudge), They're not quite dead yet.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
2018-2019 Season upon Beat Notre Dame in December and then loss to Notre dame in the final four...

I feel like by March Uconn will be fully formed like Voltron and we will learn from the Baylor and Oregon loss.

Love the Voltron reference. 5 interlocking lions. Very apropos.

Reaction Score
I've checked on the hour all day since 7 a.m. and am happy to report that the sky is not falling. Also, for those of you who are planning to build an Ark, according to the Weather Channel it will only be a light rainfall. And finally, we can all breath a sigh of relief - I have received inside information from an unnamed source who has assured me that the athletic department has made the decision not to drop women's basketball next year.

Reaction Score
I don't think the team has proven that they can score consistently enough to win 4 straight against top 16 teams. Not saying it impossible, but very improbable. I expect they'll make the elite 8 and a chance for the final four. Still not a bad year for a relatively young team without an AA. I have a lot more hope for next year, but we'll still be a young team.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
It has been my worse season for watching the Huskies. I swear they had 4 losses.

Reaction Score
2018-2019 Season Uconn Beat Notre Dame in December and then loss to Notre dame in the final four...

Not to rain on the parade here, and I like the optimism, but March is 3 1/2 weeks away. More time has passed since the Baylor game than we have left in the regular season. The players are who they are, and Geno even said last night I think during the presser that it's not going to change much between now and the end of the season.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Not to rain on the parade here, and I like the optimism, but March is 3 1/2 weeks away. More time has passed since the Baylor game than we have left in the regular season. The players are who they are, and Geno even said last night I think during the presser that it's not going to change much between now and the end of the season.
So we should stop being fans? We should stop hoping for improvement? What’s your point?

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Plan and simple. I am a UConn Women's Basketball fan and have been since 1994. We use to live in CT and have season tickets at the XL.

To those few negative posters - have at it. I don't worry about your points of negativity. But don't hurt your fingers typing away on your keyboards.

I will not stop believing in this year's team, regardless of the Oregon loss. Whether we win or lose its always GO UCONN.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score

Can we please not put those two words in the same sentence?

Reaction Score
I don't think the team has proven that they can score consistently enough to win 4 straight against top 16 teams. Not saying it impossible, but very improbable. I expect they'll make the elite 8 and a chance for the final four. Still not a bad year for a relatively young team without an AA. I have a lot more hope for next year, but we'll still be a young team.

My sense is that Crystal will be an AA this year.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
If not mistaken, UConn has lost two games this season, both to teams ranked higher.

I was disappointed with the Oregon score too. It would be nice at this point to be in the driver’s seat going into the tournament.

But I can’t get behind the analyses on this forum that UConn is a bust this year and that Geno has lost his coaching acumen.
Some people on here don't remember the dark times. Losing a couple games a season is nothing. Try living through seasons of 25-8 (Sweet 16), 32-5 (Elite 8) and 32-4 (Elite 8), all in a row. :eek:

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
I'd hoped this team would be better by now, but it is what it is. They effectively have about 6.5 players. There's no room for error. Three players carry most of the scoring. One of them is off, the game is more competitive, two are off (as last night), the game will be trouble. They have one true big and one athletic wing who's a freshman. If Olivia (as is her wont) gets in foul trouble, the game is more competitive. Aubrey's still learning the offense.

So I'm disappointed but not distraught, nor surprised. Next year UConn brings on more size and two really good point guards. The team isn't playing pretty this year, but I haven't given up on them. To borrow from Monty Python (eh, eh, nudge, nudge), They're not quite dead yet.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Some people on here don't remember the dark times. Losing a couple games a season is nothing. Try living through seasons of 25-8 (Sweet 16), 32-5 (Elite 8) and 32-4 (Elite 8), all in a row. :eek:
The loss to Oregon was eerily similar to the Sweet 16 loss to Iowa State. That was the team with Svet, #1 ranked Shea, #1 Tamika, Asjha, and Swin et al. Both losses give me the heebie jeebies to recall but it seems to me those players turned out ok, even after the Boneyard declared Svet and Shea awful players for going something like 3-20

On edit: Svet and Shea were a combined 5-29

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Howler

Top Bottom