Wow, this team is not who I thought they were. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Wow, this team is not who I thought they were.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
People say there's no way he can get 7 reb a game this year. People say he can't get position on OREBs. People say he can't hit FTs. People say he can't go straight up and he fouls too much. People say he doesn't affect the game as much as Facey or Enoch!?!?

He played good today(minus the middle of the first half) and is a GAME CHANGER DEFENSIVELY

People really need to shut up and stop bombarding AB.

This board sometimes....

Reaction Score
Don't understand the decision not to foul back at the 34 secondish mark, with Gonzaga at start of their possession...

Reaction Score
i may have boarded the hype train a little early this year. I even dared to compare this team to our 09 final four squad. I'm fairly confident 09 would beat'em 8 out of 10 times.
I can't put a finger on the main problem, they just look very mediocre overall, my fault for not realizing the likes of Maine, NH, etc can make a team look very competent. Bahamas revealed the truth.
You must be a Red Sox fan. You people celebrate more April pennants than any other fan base.
Last I checked it was still November. If Syracuse wants to raise banners for preseason tourneys that's great. Last I checked, the tourney's in March are more meaningful.

Reaction Score
People say there's no way he can get 7 reb a game this year. People say he can't get position on OREBs. People say he can't hit FTs. People say he can't go straight up and he fouls too much. People say he doesn't affect the game as much as Facey or Enoch!?!?

He played good today(minus the middle of the first half) and is a GAME CHANGER DEFENSIVELY

People really need to shut up and stop bombarding AB.

This board sometimes....

Maybe you should shut up and realize people aren't bombarding him but instead pointing out some obvious areas for improvement.

Reaction Score
You must be a Red Sox fan. You people celebrate more April pennants than any other fan base.
Last I checked it was still November. If Syracuse wants to raise banners for preseason tourneys that's great. Last I checked, the tourney's in March are more meaningful.

Not to go OT, but in this century, the Red Sox have won 3 World Series. Your Yankees (I presume), have won 1.

Of course the Tournament in March is the one that matters, but this one helps set us up for that one, RPI-wise. And now we're somewhat behind the 8-ball. Furthermore, it looks like we're not as far along, development- and chemistry-wise, as we'd like to be. That may come, but it's looking like no given at the moment.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
We waited a long time for the season to start and for our guys to make some noise. Yeah, these two losses hurt. But keep some perspective.

Some people just want a scapegoat and/or get hysterical. Chill, please! Pointing fingers accomplishes nothing. Brimah played well. Gibbs had a bad day. I wonder if the haters notice the mistakes Facey or Nolan make? Adams is a great talent but in other games, showed he was not entirely ready.

If they play defense the way they played it for the last 12 minutes today we are 6-0. The defense in the Bahamas was mostly not UConn defense. That was the problem

Reaction Score
We're worse than last year
Really you think we are worst? I guess your Profile name is why you say that. LOL! We have the potential to be way better with the talent we have on this team. Too one dimensional last year with RB. Just need time to gel unfortunately.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Not to go OT, but in this century, the Red Sox have won 3 World Series. Your Yankees (I presume), have won 1.

Of course the Tournament in March is the one that matters, but this one helps set us up for that one, RPI-wise. And now we're somewhat behind the 8-ball. Furthermore, it looks like we're not as far along, development- and chemistry-wise, as we'd like to be. That may come, but it's looking like no given at the moment.

Not to be defensive, but the Yankees won 2 this century. But seeing it is 2015, you are kinda celebrating in the April of this century. You were ahead this time last century too. How'd that work out? :)

Reaction Score
Maybe you should shut up and realize people aren't bombarding him but instead pointing out some obvious areas for improvement.

Cmon. You don't even believe that, do you?

You make it sound like its all positive criticism lol

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Eh, when you go 85 years without winning a title, all you have is preseason hope. Even though they've won 3 since, lifelong ingrained habits are hard to break.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Look, if the manage to win the regular season and conference tournament, they'll be a 4 at worst. I know it's not the best conference in the world, but those things still carry weight. See SDSU.

Reaction Score
Cmon. You don't even believe that, do you?

You make it sound like its all positive criticism lol

It's not all bad, and most is real. He is not much better than last year although he is beginning to progress rebounding the ball and that's a good sign. Not giving up like some who want Facey to start :)rolleyes:) but he needs to improve as he's a key to both ends of the court with his size.

Reaction Score
Good for Syracuse ... about the only banner they will be raising this year!

Reaction Score
I really like this team, actually despite the losses. Someone mentioned that they reminded them of the Final Four team. Sort of..this is a younger version.

Biggest issue is defense. And the issue is not just from Brimah. Gibbs and Hamilton were lazy, while Purvis and Adams were too excited. Discipline and effort is needed from the guards.

Offensively, this team is far more impressive than any of our teams since that Final Four team. There's a lot of potential here. Hamilton and Adams are very good playmakers. We should be quite good here.

Adams is impressive. His timely blocks. His drives..and his playmaking and poise. I'm all for giving him as many minutes as possible, we'll be better for it in March. (And I don't particularly care which guard we take minutes from. Although I agree with another thread..start Gibbs and Adams and bring Purvis off the bench.)

Miller looked really good today too. And as much as Gibbs was disappointing, I think his shooting ability and experience is a necessity on this team.

I think the world of Hamilton. I think he's one of the most talented and gifted guys to come here. But I think he needs to figure out how to establish himself and balance it with his unselfishness (because I love that about him.). They can't be looking around at the end of games for who is going to get the job done. It needs to be Hamilton taking the lead. (I guess potentially it could be Adams too)

Reaction Score
This team has lots of depth. They will get better as the season progresses. My complaint was vs Syracuse Purvis had open threes he gave up to drive towards the basket at the end of the game. Even if he wanted to draw contact, get clock stopped and score free throws--he was repeatedly thwarted.

Reaction Score
Syracuse is a top 30 team and Gonzaga is a top 10 team. We'll be fine. Tune up vs Sacred Heart then lets fill the Garden and upset the Terps. That would be huge moving forward. Don't give up on these guys. It's been SIX games.

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score
Hey at least we got Gonzaga on our schedule to boost our SOS...it's the little things that count when you're living in the AAC

Avoid the bad losses like last year to the likes of Yale and Houston and we should still be fine. Not gunna lie though, I was on the edge of the cliff there when we were down by 21 in the 2nd half. Nice to see the boys battle back and give us all blue balls, but the pride was apparent

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
[QUOTE=" Not gunna lie though, I was on the edge of the cliff there when we were down by 21 in the 2nd half. Nice to see the boys battle back and give us all blue balls, but the pride was apparent[/QUOTE]

Yep, that rally kept me away from the hotline.

C

Chief00

Quite frankly, Brimah's issue is his core body isn't strong enough. Even when he is in position he can be easily moved without a foul - Maybe it's just simply his body type or maybe they don't have him on the right strength program? Maybe it's a combination of the two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom