Wow, there's another frosh Phenom | The Boneyard

Wow, there's another frosh Phenom

Reaction Score
and yet IMO they overall level play in college game is really down this year. Maybe it is just because the season is so disjointed.

Reaction Score
Watched Clark play last week vs Indiana (I think). Like Paige, she is the real deal. Her range on 3 pointers are Curry like, and very accurate. She rebounds, passes well and hustles. Van Lith is another great freshman who has a high IQ for the game, and outstanding outside shot, and is very tough. Those three are the top frosh in the country, and are similar in one other unmentioned non political correct characteristic!

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Watched Clark play last week vs Indiana (I think). Like Paige, she is the real deal. Her range on 3 pointers are Curry like, and very accurate. She rebounds, passes well and hustles. Van Lith is another great freshman who has a high IQ for the game, and outstanding outside shot, and is very tough. Those three are the top frosh in the country, and are similar in one other unmentioned non political correct characteristic!
I wouldn't put Van Lith with those 2 based on her performance this year but she'll be very good. I believe I read on here that Paige recently said that they've all been texting and sending encouragement to each other which is pretty cool to see.

Reaction Score
I'm sorry but there's no pressure to win at Iowa.
Yeah, I don’t think so. Ask the Iowa players if they feel pressure to win. There is always pressure to win. Of course, I wouldn’t trade Paige for Clark but it is impossible imo not to be impressed with Clark’s season so far. She is absolutely one of the best players in college basketball as a freshman. I wish we had her on our team. Iowa has something special there!

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I believe I read on here that Paige recently said that they've all been texting and sending encouragement to each other which is pretty cool to see.
Paige recently indicated she is in routine contact with Clark. Paige was very happy that Clark was having great success.
That's really cool to hear.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I don’t think so. Ask the Iowa players if they feel pressure to win. There is always pressure to win. Of course, I wouldn’t trade Paige for Clark but it is impossible imo not to be impressed with Clark’s season so far. She is absolutely one of the best players in college basketball as a freshman. I wish we had her on our team. Iowa has something special there!
There is no pressure from the outside. That's why she could have all those losses and still get praise. If uconn had that many losses Paige would be called over hyped like she has been all season before the SC game despite her stats.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Shooting 37% from 3 is not sharp shooting. CW shot 36% from 3 last year that was considered merely very good.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
What does that have to do with how good she is? Pao Pao is another very good freshman but, maybe not a phenom.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
There are alot of really good freshman in WCBB this season. Some are very special. But there is only one that can light up the stat sheet and score and help her team mates to get better and thats Paige.

donalddoowop

Reaction Score
There are alot of really good freshman in WCBB this season. Some are very special. But there is only one that can light up the stat sheet and score and help her team mates to get better and thats Paige.
Not true.

Reaction Score
What a ridiculous statement. Ask the coach, players and fans if they want to win. Just because they are not UConn doesn’t mean they aren’t trying to win. What happens if they don’t win? The coach will lose her job. What happens if the players don’t give their best effort? They lose playing time. What happens if the team plays bad? The program declines.

Reaction Score
I keep seeing on this board that such and such conference is so much better than the Big East. Guess we can't satisfy everyone. With so little out of conference action in this COVID year it is hard to really tell but I have watched a ton of basketball (not a lot of other things to do) and I have been not impressed with the big10 at all. A couple on the top are pretty good, same for the SEC or ACC or PAC12. Big East also has UConn, DePaul, SH, and maybe Villinova that also play pretty good basketball. Haven't seen a conference go any deeper than that. of course YMMV.

Reaction Score
What a ridiculous statement. Ask the coach, players and fans if they want to win. Just because they are not UConn doesn’t mean they aren’t trying to win. What happens if they don’t win? The coach will lose her job. What happens if the players don’t give their best effort? They lose playing time. What happens if the team plays bad? The program declines.
What a ridiculous response. My comment had nothing to do with the players , fans and coaches wanting to win. I'm talking about expectations and pressure from the outside to win. If you think Iowa and uconn are on the same level regarding those aspects, then that's just nonsense.

Reaction Score
Why argue over who's better when we can just appreciate that the HS Class of 2020 are giving great contributions to their respective programs so far. It's blatant Paige is great but I respect what these other freshmen are doing also (Clark, Van Lith, Brink, Westbeld .... I can go on and on with this talented class) Reese from MD and DeJesus from Duke were impressive too before injury (hoping Reese will return) and COVID shutdown ended their seasons.

Reaction Score
I am sure Clark is a good player. But there should be no comparison to Paige until she defeats the #1 team in the country, makes the winning basket in that game and score 31 points. PERIOD.

donalddoowop

Reaction Score
I am sure Clark is a good player. But there should be no comparison to Paige until she defeats the #1 team in the country, makes the winning basket in that game and score 31 points. PERIOD.
She has no say on what team Iowa plays. So you say that if Iowa never plays a number one team she can't be as good as Paige. Think about what you are saying. Until Paige scores 37 points against the number three or four team in the country she cannot be as good as Dungee.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom