Wow...that was a kick in the nuts | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Wow...that was a kick in the nuts

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
that last play was emblematic of what's wrong with this team and the type of year this is going to be. Kevin Ollie didnt have the team prepared at all on the last possession. Everyone knew that Holmes was going to get the ball there for the 3 and he got a wide open look. Boatright was a warrior as well as Hamilton. T-Sam and Kentan provided good toughness, rebounding, and defense.

Sam Cassell should not be playing at all he is horrible and a liability with his foot speed. This was an infuriating loss and now the Duke game becomes a big must win with Florida likely to be not ranked and Stanford as well. Cassell's play allowed the game to be close and Kevin Ollie looks lost with this team. You need to have the players ready at the 3 point line to defend and allow the 2 if necessary.

One of the craziest postings yet
The last play was executed to perfection = that's why it worked
you knew they were going to Holmes? what about a pass down low for the tie?
Ollie didn't have the team ready for the last play? I could swear he called a timeout to retalk it over.
Cassell shouldn't have played at all? UConn was down to seven men - who did you plan of playing - Lenihan?
Be prepared at the 3 line? Why did Holmes have an open look? Boat didn't stay with him because he was bodied off the play
You may be pissed at the loss but probably should wait a while before writing some of this nonesense

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Cheeky I agree with you that Omar is an upgrade to Cassell due to his athleticism which allows him to at least play solid defense, rebound and lead a break. His shot and decision making aren't good but he should be higher on the depth chart than Cassell Jr when he returns. Cassell for me should be at the end of the bench for his abysmal decision making and shot not making thinking he is Napier out there. That is his problem he thinks he is better than what he is and does not know his limitations.

I thought you said he was like Kobe - now he's Bazz
Wow

Reaction Score
Zero FG's after establishing a 7 point lead. The UConn offense took a page out of the football team's "offensive" imitation of a college football teams offense.

APB for Brimah. Went up for a shot after an offensive rebound and got crumpled. Looked like Nolan in the Final last year. At 7 feet he should have rip down the hoop with his dunk. He has done very little thus far.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Last time I felt like this was that Gonzaga game a few years back when they hit that buzzer beater against us...

Reaction Score
Zero FG's after establishing a 7 point lead. The UConn offense took a page out of the football team's "offensive" imitation of a college football teams offense.

APB for Brimah. Went up for a shot after an offensive rebound and got crumpled. Looked like Nolan in the Final last year. At 7 feet he should have rip down the hoop with his dunk. He has done very little thus far.

yeah a reminder of the "7 footer" label he has. Love his size and length but every big guy on Texas was bigger and visibly today. I believe he is lucky to be 6'10" and maybe not quite. Having said that I like he's pn my team for another couple years at least!

Reaction Score
If Boat will be out or less effective for an extended period of time, it could be really bad for us. Or maybe it'll force the other guards to mature quickly, I dunno.

Thats a HUGE UNDERSTATEMENT! Other than Boat and Dham no one has a handle i trust. Cassell and Tsam are terrible ball handlers and Purv and Omar are nothing to write home about. This team can defend as good as anyone when they decide too but offensively we`re pretty bad.

Reaction Score
yeah a reminder of the "7 footer" label he has. Love his size and length but every big guy on Texas was bigger and visibly today. I believe he is lucky to be 6'10" and maybe not quite. Having said that I like he's pn my team for another couple years at least!
Brimah didnt shrink. Hes 7 easy. Today just showed how far he needs to go to be the player he could be. Facey played better than AB and who had that happening?

Reaction Score
as stated eons ago, amoeba is 7footer til proven different

utexas proved amoeba is barely 6-8.5 but still has arm length of 10 footer so he maintains monaker scariest dude on playground

recall amoeba j blocked by utexas ##44 prince tehsomethin

that #44 towered over big a , checking utexas site that big dude listed 6-10, 260 and from the looks of the political situation that be in bear foots

Reaction Score
Brimah didnt shrink. Hes 7 easy. Today just showed how far he needs to go to be the player he could be. Facey played better than AB and who had that happening?

No he's not. I don't care but he's not close. Unless Turner is 7'1 or 2"? He was easily bigger.

Reaction Score
I was at the game and have 3 questions
1) How close to a 2 was that last shot (I thought it was a 3 until the scoreboard told me it was a 2--then changed its mind. Weirdest ending ever.
2) It sure looked like a goaltend on Boat's drive to the hoop with about 1 minute left. Was it?
3) How many minutes did we go w/o a basket to end the game (My God!)

I was amazed at how bad a ball handler Sam Jr. was.

On #1 and #2, how are we to know? ESPN doesn't focus on slow mo replays. Heck, ESPN didn't even show the final 2 seconds of the game. Instead, it cut away to some bench reactions.

ESPN was really bad yesterday.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
the pass went to Terrence. It was A little low and TS just seemed to slap at it. Two or three Texas players moved in on the ball and time ended.
But I keep going back to 7 minutes without a basket. We deserved to lose even if that basket didn't drop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom