WOW! Respect for The American! | The Boneyard

WOW! Respect for The American!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Jeff Borzello, whoever that is, tweeted the following:

"Tulsa being included in the field is baffling. Most projected brackets didn't even have them under consideration -- especially after losing by 22 to Memphis in the Conference-USA tournament."

Featured on the ESPN feed. Now that's some respect

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Getting 4 teams is amazing. We weren't screwed with the seeding, we were snubbed with the matchups. Each team got hosed.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Do you realize everyone expected UConn to be a 8 or 9 and Temple to be out or last 4 in?

Guess not if your trying to make the arguement you are

After seeing the brackets, I thought we would have worked our way up to a 7. Oregon St. is a flipping 7 and was said to be a bubble team. Cuse is a 10. No, we weren't respected.

Reaction Score
After seeing the brackets, I thought we would have worked our way up to a 7. Oregon St. is a flipping 7 and was said to be a bubble team. Cuse is a 10. No, we weren't respected.
Then you have no clue what you are talking about.

No one had Oregon state on the bubble.

Reaction Score
the seeding of the entire bracket makes no sense, not to mention teams that shouldn't be in at all

Reaction Score
I think the committee might be back to looking at RPI instead of other metrics. Only thing that makes sense here.

If UConn didn't beat Temple, UConn might even be out here.

Given Tulsa's OOC, UConn might want to reconsider having a tough OOC.

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
Getting 4 teams is amazing. We weren't screwed with the seeding, we were snubbed with the matchups. Each team got hosed.
Huh? Please elaborate.

Not sure how 9s, 10s, and 11s should be matched up so they don't meet the top teams...

Reaction Score
I think the committee might be back to looking at RPI instead of other metrics. Only thing that makes sense here.

I don't think this is true. St. Bonnaventure left out with RPI #30!

Committee seemed inconsistent, didn't rely on advanced OR RPI. Which to me means they actually used their eyes and/or discussion, which is great.

Reaction Score
And yet our conference champion gets the 9 seed in the overall 1 seed's bracket. Four teams is a backhanded compliment when that happens
Quite the contrary.

It's Kansas that should feel like they got the hose.

UConn is quite literally THE 2nd round matchup nightmare right now.

My apologies to Kansas for the manner in which the Committee has treated them.

Reaction Score
Obviously Kansas a very tough draw if get by Colorado but as 8/9 seed 2nd game was going to be tough regardless....may as well play the assumed best team in the country and see what happens...should be fun!
The tournament is not suppose to be a cake walk for a team who may have been watching from home without a 55 foot shot 48 hours ago.

Reaction Score
Obviously Kansas a very tough draw if get by Colorado but as 8/9 seed 2nd game was going to be tough regardless....may as well play the assumed best team in the country and see what happens...should be fun!

Agreed. Think Colorado is eminently beatable as an 8. Like that for us.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
So that is what you are going by? Ha, ok

And you are going by? Since the committee has never released its criteria, you have no better idea of who was a bubble team and who wasn't than I do.

Reaction Score
And you are going by? Since the committee has never released its criteria, you have no better idea of who was a bubble team and who wasn't than I do.
A 7 may be high but I am not sure you will find a bracket projection with them lower than 10.

The point is, the idea that AAC got screwed is ludicrous and completely unsupported.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom