Wow - just went to buy a ticket for an upcoming Sparks game... | The Boneyard

Wow - just went to buy a ticket for an upcoming Sparks game...

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
And for the lower section 20 or so rows up, the prices ranged from $75 to $200. Can't imagine how the league is in trouble if they can get people to pay that price for a game... I know the prices aren't that high for lesser seats but still...

So what am I missing? Any suggestions? I wasn't expecting ticket prices to be $10 or anything like that, but $75+? It's the first game I'm trying to get tickets for. Is this a standard price for good seats?

Reaction Score
And for the lower section 20 or so rows up, the prices ranged from $75 to $200. Can't imagine how the league is in trouble if they can get people to pay that price for a game... I know the prices aren't that high for lesser seats but still...

So what am I missing? Any suggestions? I wasn't expecting ticket prices to be $10 or anything like that, but $75+? It's the first game I'm trying to get tickets for. Is this a standard price for good seats?
This is the reason nobody want to watch WNBA games.
$75 for a game, no thanks.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
This is the reason nobody want to watch WNBA games.
$75 for a game, no thanks.
Well in fairness it was for a good seat in the lower section, but that still seems super pricey. Anyway, I wonder what people's experiences have been in getting tix for the Sun or other teams...

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score

Try StubHub. There are tickets available at reasonable prices.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Maybe the game is sold out or something. I went there for the Phx game next friday and found only 1 seat in the lower section for $187... :eek: For comparison, I went to the Sun website and found a great seat about 15 rows up in the center section for $34. That's more what I was expecting...

Reaction Score

Don't know how it is in LA, but in Phoenix I never pay face value. Phoenix is one of the better-attended WNBA teams, but a lot of those tickets are promo giveaways. Have been able to find those a couple times but, when I have to pay, I use the 'scalpers' outside the arena - they always sell for less than face value . Typical = $60 ticket for $30, etc. (Presumably these guys have sources for the promo tix - seems to be a regular racket.)

Reaction Score

Get out your wallet and pay for the game, cheapo! HAAAAA

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

In a word...................Yes. Depending on where you want to sit, the per seat tickets can be very expensive. I just went to the Staples arena box office website (see the link below). Center court (Section 111) tickets for the Lynx game June 21 st, are going for $209 each. If you hurry, you can still get one. they've got 8 left. If you're will to sit a little higher, you can score a ticket from $18 up. I usually sit in sections 4-6. I can't afford $200 seats. When I go, I usually take (treat) 4-6 people along. I just don't have that kind of cheese. :confused: We can see all of the action from those seats just fine. BTW, there are always "scalpers" outside the arena waiting to serve you. Their prices are always cheaper than box office prices, and they're not hard to find. In some cases, they'll find you. Good luck. :)

Minnesota Lynx at Los Angeles Sparks Tickets at Staples Center

Last edited:

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Well in fairness it was for a good seat in the lower section, but that still seems super pricey. Anyway, I wonder what people's experiences have been in getting tix for the Sun or other teams...

The Sky's pricing for reference - Sky Seating & Pricing - Chicago Sky

I have season tickets. My seat is in the first row of "110 center court," which is about 10 rows up overall, and directly behind the Sky bench. Well worth it for $35 face, in my opinion.

Good for the Sparks if they can charge up to $200 and still sell tickets. Courtside Sky seats are only $122

Reaction Score
Sounds like the Sparks are using dynamic pricing (i.e. if demand for a particular game is high and tickets are selling the Sparks raise their prices accordingly).

Reaction Score
Last edited:
Reaction Score
Wow Stubhub has tix to Sparks vs Mercury on June 17 for $7.00 - not too high up. Lots of seats for $14, $19, etc. Lower bowl end zone $35. Lower bowl 50 yard-line $187.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Wow Stubhub has tix to Sparks vs Mercury on June 17 for $7.00 - not too high up. Lots of seats for $14, $19, etc. Lower bowl end zone $35. Lower bowl 50 yard-line $187.
Thanks. I'll probably get a seat slightly higher up. I do want to see them play especially when there are UCONN alumnae involved...

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
The UConn fest next month SEA at NY cost me $95 for 5 rows above the floor but I go to about one game a year because I don't live in a market with a team. The same seat last year for Liberty at Sun cost $40. Keep in mind prices will be the highest in the big cities like LA and NY.

Reaction Score
I have seats in Section 103 at Mohegan Sun. Front row, can see the entire court plus the bench. $20/ticket. And there really isn't a bad seat in the house. I feel like we are right on top of the court.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I have seats in Section 103 at Mohegan Sun. Front row, can see the entire court plus the bench. $20/ticket. And there really isn't a bad seat in the house. I feel like we are right on top of the court.
Mohegan Arena is one of the best viewing arena in town... Gampel isnt bad as well

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
From my experience, here are face value prices at Verizon Center for the Mystics from the past 2 years:

Front row, on the court, next to the visiting assistant coach: $300

Front row, on the court, across the court from the benches: about $120

Second row, behind either team's bench: $60

About 10-15 rows up behind either bench: $30

Behind the basket, about 10 rows up: $20

I'm surprised that the L.A. prices are that high.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
From my experience, here are face value prices at Verizon Center for the Mystics from the past 2 years:

Front row, on the court, next to the visiting assistant coach: $300

Front row, on the court, across the court from the benches: about $120

Second row, behind either team's bench: $60

About 10-15 rows up behind either bench: $30

Behind the basket, about 10 rows up: $20

candace-parker03.jpg

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
[picture of Parker]
Really? Higher ticket prices for someone that's never won a WNBA championship? You'd think the ticket prices would be sky high for Maya since she has three championship rings, is just as amazingly talented as well as lovely and just a wonderful person.

maya-moore-lynx-438-e1305809717424.jpg

Bliss

Mizzou Ballyhoo
Reaction Score

Several years ago my wife and I wanted to see Katie Smith up close and personal. She was playing for the Lynx at the time so I went onto the Fever site and ordered two "best available" tickets for, as I recall, somewhere around $100 total for a game at Indy. Our seats were courtside just under basket. Wow, talk about up close and personal! I nearly had Katie in my lap on one drive and felt the price paid was well worth it. Bonus was cruisin' old U.S. 40 both ways.

Reaction Score
LA & NY are just that way. Those courtside Jack Nicholson/Spike Lee seats for Lakers/Knicks are upwards of $7000 per game (season tickets are discounted somewhat off that "face value" on a per-game basis). Same seats in PHX for Suns are only about $1500.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I'm sure prices in LA are hi her than in Minneapolis. Because it's LA and bigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom