Wow, Joe D is butt hurt from being called out... | The Boneyard

Wow, Joe D is butt hurt from being called out...

Status
Not open for further replies.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Diaco cited him specifically about taking exception to his AAC call statements.

He really didn't say anything that bad, but they're drumming this up big time.

Typical amateur hour - they let the first caller curse on air. nice.

Reaction Score
Joe D is a clown who needs to become the voice of 1 UConn sport not all UConn sports! He is a arrogant who thinks he is above everything and everyone. If I had my choice I would love to see Joe D banished to UConn WBB where he can sing kumbya with that fan base!

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Will this be available to listen to recorded/on demand later?

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I heard that, the story is Diaco insisting the defense improved Saturday, not him disagreeing with Joe D. Get over yourself baby man.

Reaction Score
Wow. Turned it on 5 min ago. Gresh is killing Bobby.

Not a huge gresh fan, but i like this.

Butthurt or not, Joe D is not saying anything that isnt true. He's basically saying (since ive been listening), that he doesnt understand how bobby can say the defense played well, and he is disappointed with the team.

Reaction Score
Neither of them are wrong in my opinion. The are saying what we are saying.

Not a huge Joe D fan either...but he's not wrong either here.

Perhaps. Joe D blew up over a 140 character tweet by another reporter who was on the AAC Conference Call. Diaco tried to clarify today.

It's the context of "we will have the last word - not you"

Sorry for the edits - lost connectivity,

Reaction Score
Gresh is Gresh...but Joe D is a complete tool! I once said something to Joe D about showing some emotion at a team event to which he was MC at and his scarastic response was "I'm the MC not a fan!". Then I asked him once about why he didn't ask P the tough questions about his buddy GDL...his response "it's not my job...". Now all of the sudden he decides to grow a pair of balls and call the coach out and gets mentioned and he gets a hard on about it. He really needs to get over himself! He is a arrogant self absorbed jerk off who has earned his title by default. Having Gresh as his partner is the longest he has stayed on the radio in years...and I'm tempted to give that to Gresh and his appeal to Sox and Pats fans in that part of the state. What a complete loser he is! He should be happy he struck a chord with Diaco. Wayne Norman had better things to say after the past few games calling out the mistakes made by this team than this loser did!

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
On yesterday's show he pointed out that Neil Ostrout tweeted a Diaco quote which indicated he thought we improved against ECU in two of the three phases of the game. He admitted he was attempting to contact Ostrout to confirm the quote, but he went ahead and said that if it's accurate, it's mind boggling, which I quite agree, even though Joe D is a doosh.

I still laugh out loud every time I think about his radio call of the 2002 Iowa State game. He called them the Hawkeyes throughout the game, which is comical enough, but what made it even worse is nobody in the WTIC production booth ever told him to correct himself. It gets way better. Sometime during the 1Q the local TV telecast lost their audio feed, so they switched over to Joe D's radio call for the rest of the game, 3+ quarters. So not only were we kicking their ass on the field, but their fans at home watching on TV suffered the ultimate ignominity of hearing their team called the mascot of their most hated rival.

One of the ISU fans came here afterward, wanting to tie Joe D to the rear bumper of his pickup truck and drag him all the way from Ames to Iowa City. He received much sympathy from us.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Listened to comments. They were tearing Diaco apart for basically being out to lunch for saying the team improved against EVU in 2 phases. Diaco basically said the Defense was good for most of the game. I have to agree Diaco is living in a diffetent reality from the rest of us. Frankly, it's about time the horde started crawling up his rearend.

Reaction Score
F Gresh and F Joe D. They're both tools who suck at their jobs. I hope they read the boneyard so they can see people ripping them all the time. They're uninformed halfwits.

Reaction Score
Gresh is awful. I heard a few minutes today and he mentioned "when he played." Just ridiculous when guys like him and that tool Kevin Nathan act like they can relate to big time athletics.

Wow. Turned it on 5 min ago. Gresh is killing Bobby.

Not a huge gresh fan, but i like this.

Butthurt or not, Joe D is not saying anything that isnt true. He's basically saying (since ive been listening), that he doesnt understand how bobby can say the defense played well, and he is disappointed with the team.

Reaction Score
Joe D is a clown who needs to become the voice of 1 UConn sport not all UConn sports! He is a arrogant who thinks he is above everything and everyone. If I had my choice I would love to see Joe D banished to UConn WBB where he can sing kumbya with that fan base![/QUOTE.

Ahh, no thanks.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
99.99% of us bash Diaco on here then someone else does it publicly and we flip out. Are we as crazy as Diaco?
Wrong. It's not about bashing diaco. It's about spending the whole show thinking you need to defend yourself from a benign comment.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Wrong. It's not about bashing diaco. It's about spending the whole show thinking you need to defend yourself from a benign comment.
So how does that affect you?

Reaction Score
99.99% of us bash Diaco on here then someone else does it publicly and we flip out. Are we as crazy as Diaco?
My problem with Joe D calling Diaco out is that now you call a coach out...didnt say a peep and were silent as a church mouse when Pasqualoni was here with his trusty side kick and was screening calls to the coaches show.. @Dooley will be my witness to that . Now all of the sudden you think it's ok to have a pair of balls and think you are a bad a**. Yeah..ok...nice try there Joe! I'm tired of this blowhard and his arrogant attitude. They stick him on each and every radio broadcast that the UConn/IMG radio network carries and he sucks at everything but hoops!

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Diaco says things publicly a lot of times that, without the right context... makes little sense. After reading his full comments, I understand the point he was trying to make about improving in two phases. I don't agree that we improved overall given that we gave up over 40... but in the very specific instances he cited... ok, there was a little improvement. He's very positivity driven, and he's finding anything positive to take away from a crappy performance. If Joe and Gresh are saying hey man you are losing the forest for the trees when you give up over 40... totally understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom