Wow, did Auburn get hosed? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Wow, did Auburn get hosed?

Reaction Score
What the heck was that defender thinking? Guy was moving laterally and backwards to attempt an extremely low % shot for the win, and you're all closing in on him and out of control in the air.
Somebody has got to be screaming, "don't foul the 3 point shooter!" from the time the ref hands the inbounder the ball until the buzzer.

Feel for the kid who fouled.

Reaction Score
I was at a comedy show and missed all but the last 8 minutes of the MSU-TT game but saw replays. How the hell do they miss that double dribble 3 refs disgusting. As far as the foul, no doubter can't ignore in any situation he walked under him and hit him in the midst of Guy shooting a 3. It changed the shot so one will never know if he would've made it without the foul but let's be honest, stay away from the shooter if you're not there with a hand in that face - wtf these kids are stupid happens too much.

Reaction Score
The Virginia story has more clout than Auburn from the NCAA perspective.....but what is real, is neither of these teams have a shot against Texas Tech.....unless there is help once again to prolong the story.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Missing that double dribble call was just brutal. A stoned, hungover high school kid reffing for beer money will make that call in a 4th grade girls rec league game. It wasn't like the ball handler was in traffic and the refs didn't have a good angle, he was in the middle of the freaking court when he did it and all 3 refs should have seen it.

The foul on the 3 pointer was both obvious and deliberate, and that is on Pearl. The Auburn defender deliberately bumped the shooter down low to alter the shot, and he was probably coached to do that.

Reaction Score
Funny...ESPN says , "The foul call that will forever overshadow the Virginia-Auburn classic".
Not so much. No one cares....in a few days it will be old news. World we live in. I mean we move on from real news in hours or days.

Reaction Score
Funny...ESPN says , "The foul call that will forever overshadow the Virginia-Auburn classic".
Not so much. No one cares....in a few days it will be old news. World we live in. I mean we move on from real news in hours or days.
What bothered me about that headline is it should be about the double dribble. It was a foul, get over it and stop fouling jump shooters ya dummies! The egregiously blown double dribble call gets a pass though?

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
What bothered me about that headline is it should be about the double dribble. It was a foul, get over it and stop fouling jump shooters ya dummies! The egregiously blown double dribble call gets a pass though?

Jay Williams just had an interesting point that they could’ve called another foul before the double dribble.

If we had a replay system there, could they call the foul then? Do we want them to?

Reaction Score
Jay Williams just had an interesting point that they could’ve called another foul before the double dribble.

If we had a replay system there, could they call the foul then? Do we want them to?
Not an interesting point. It was a clear double dribble. Don't praise the refs for making the correct foul call at the end when they just blew the double dribble call 3 seconds earlier.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Not an interesting point. It was a clear double dribble. Don't praise the refs for making the correct foul call at the end when they just blew the double dribble call 3 seconds earlier.

No. He said there was a foul BEFORE the double dribble.

Reaction Score
No. He said there was a foul BEFORE the double dribble.
I know, he's wrong. They were trying to foul, Jerome had his jersey grazed by Brown's fingers. It's a lame attempt by Jay Williams to provide cover to the ref.

zepfan

I'll make it.
Reaction Score
Agree refs should have made the double dribble call. I didn't catch it at the time, I think because it is an unusual occurrence and the kid did it so quickly and without hesitation. No excuse for the refs, their paid to know the rules even in odd situations. Human error, it happens and it was unfortunate. The foul was a foul, especially because it happened before the release. If it was on the way down, still a foul but one that could be over-looked. The closeout by the defender wasn't overly hard, he actually came to a jump stop but then started to go up for the block but changed his mind and his momentum took him into the shooter knocking him off vertical. Kid is a boss hitting all three foul shots. Tough way to lose for Auburn but no conspiracies just one blown call... it happens all the time. I'm sure they'll be training on the ball off the foot and double dribble call for refs in the future.

Reaction Score
The foul was clear as day. The Auburn kid slid into Guy and made contact before Guy had released the ball. Usually people who don't know the rules freak out in these situations if the shooter is touched after the ball is released; what on Earth are people complaining about in last night's situation? The ref had to call that.

Reaction Score
Worst possible outcome. The refs were responsible for the result. It was comparable or worse than the NFC championship
Game. The double dribble was clear and happened right in front of the ref. I get the Virginia kid was fouled but in that situation I think you swallow the whistle. Though I admit it can and does go both ways. Just an awful series though. You almost got the impression that the ref watching the double dribble didn’t know the rule.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Worst possible outcome. The refs were responsible for the result. It was comparable or worse than the NFC championship
Game. The double dribble was clear and happened right in front of the ref. I get the Virginia kid was fouled but in that situation I think you swallow the whistle. Though I admit it can and does go both ways. Just an awful series though. You almost got the impression that the ref watching the double dribble didn’t know the rule.

You completely contradicted yourself.

By the logic in this post it would be fine not to call the DPI in the Saints game because you swallow the whistle in that situation.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom