Wow, did Auburn get hosed? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Wow, did Auburn get hosed?

Reaction Score
Wait people are trying to claim Guy wasn’t fouled on the three point shot? Stop. It’s an obvious blatent foul.
I'll never understand how people don't get you can't foul jump shooters. Even if they just brush you it effects your shot. Guy went straight up and the defender undercut him.

Virginia was gifted the title game but people don't seem to know what a foul is.

Reaction Score
Wait people are trying to claim Guy wasn’t fouled on the three point shot? Stop. It’s an obvious blatent foul.
Wrong thread. This one is about the blatant double dribble.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I'll never understand how people don't get you can't foul jump shooters. Even if they just brush you it effects your shot. Guy went straight up and the defender undercut him.

Virginia was gifted the title game but people don't seem to know what a foul is.

Say what you will about what happened beforehand but that was a blatent foul on the shot.

Reaction Score
AT least in hindsite, neither of those were difficult calls. It absolutely was a foul on the three pointer. You want to argue the ref should swallow the whistle there on a glorified chuck, fine, but it was absolutely a foul.

And it was an obvious double dribble. I screamed at my wife for it live. Blown call and, frankly, a choke by the refs, who saw what happened and couldn't process the violation because it was an unusual play and they were anticipating a foul.

I don't see how anyone can rationally argue either of those.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
Have to be honest, I completely missed the double dribble, thought it was a loose ball he picked up, saw it hit his foot but it just didn’t register. But definitely a foul on the jump shot by Guy.

However, Virginia winning means I win my office pool, so ...

Reaction Score
I was thinking that Jerome should call timeout when he recovered the loose ball. When he picked it up and dribbled I was really confused since nobody seemed to be arguing the missed call.

Reaction Score

Even the shooter didn't seem to know. Kid didn't even try and argue for the call, just started walking away, upset that he missed. A strange reaction in an era where everyone seems to try and get a foul call any way that they can.

Reaction Score
Even the shooter didn't seem to know. Kid didn't even try and argue for the call, just started walking away, upset that he missed. A strange reaction in an era where everyone seems to try and get a foul call any way that they can.

He knew he got fouled.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Say what you will about what happened beforehand but that was a blatent foul on the shot.
My sister spells "excellant," and you spell "blatent."
Perhaps someone believes this "definately balinces" things out.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Teller, not a speller.

She detach both her retinas in the last 12 mths too?
Nah, but she's working on some kind of mystery nerve-muscle thing that I hope is minor and in no way compares with your ordeal.

Reaction Score
I hate seeing a team win on the free throw line and also hate seeing a weak call go against either side on the last play of a game.

The mantra seems to have been to let them play it out over the past couple decades but the “emphasis” they put out of the comp committee every year has made the ref job more technical and less situational.

It was a foul, but a small foul. You can argue either way and be mostly correct and that is a crappy way to close a FF game.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Nah, but she's working on some kind of mystery nerve-muscle thing that I hope is minor and in no way compares with your ordeal.

my sister and daughter are both ridiculously good at spelling. a gene that skipped me.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
my sister and daughter are both ridiculously good at spelling. a gene that skipped me.
My sister is confident and accomplished, and happily sticks w/"excellant." Not even worth offering something like an "e is for excellent" mnemonic.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
My sister is confident and accomplished, and happily sticks w/"excellant." Not even worth offering something like an "e is for excellent" mnemonic.

I can’t spell environment without google - but I’ll take being good at numbers over letters. Pays better.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom