Wow Brimah and Hamilton are off the charts | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Wow Brimah and Hamilton are off the charts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So because Brimah can make an alley oop and occasionally make a hook shot, we think he is almost NBA ready? Brimah has a great motor, but he is nowhere near NBA ready, he couldnt even stay in the game against Duke (yes I know he was being called for ticky tack fouls) Lets be realistic, just cause ur a great CBB player doesn't mean ur game translates to the NBA (hasheem thabeet).

Hamilton and boatright have been our biggest rebounders for the majority of games this year with Brimah averaging what? 5 or 6 per? Guy has a long way to go.

caw

Reaction Score
Agree but the BIGGEST question is how much his mind grows, not nearly concerned on the muscle or the offense, but the thinking. Can he come back thinking the game better? If so, the Huskies are immediately better and same goes for a couple of others.

That's a good point, though I think he is thinking the game better in some respects, especially on offense. Defensively he's talking much better. Most of his defensive mistakes are mental (in that they are touch fouls he really needs to stop making. Some of them are because he is weak though and gets pulled into touch fouls (Okafor was a good example here).

Reaction Score
You're crazy Knicks are already tanking for Brimah at #1, he's draft bound, zero percent chance he comes back next year as a lock to be a top 3 pick.
ROTFLMAO!!!

Reaction Score
Drinking the Kool aid a little bit. Dham is a first rounder but top 5 I don't see it as he doesn't have top shelf athletic talent and AB isn't a guaranteed first rounder yet. Let's see him do it against really front lines before we proclaim this. They are both good college players that could be great next year.
Neither did Rip.

StingLykOllie

How do I change my name...
Reaction Score
Amida Brimah (right now) is a poor man's DeAndre Jordan. They are both long, athletic players that can block and alter shot attempts. They both have a limited arsenal on the offensive end (each is top 5 in FG% because of the amount they dunk and alley-oop).

DeAndre fell to the second round, and has made the best of his game. He had the frame to add the 35 pounds after college which has helped to make him an elite rebounder, I don't know if Brimah has the ability to add 35/45 pounds without significantly altering his game.

Brimah has potential, but unless he makes drastic improvements on both offense and defense, I don't believe he's a lottery pick next year.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
The reason I love watching sports is because of the uncertainty. That includes outcome of games and seasons as well as team and individual player development.

It seems obvious to me that there is no way anyone can be certain about anything. A UConn men's bb fan should understand this more than most any sports fan. We've observed the extreme high's and lows with many players, many games and many seasons over a short period of time.

We've seen highly touted recruits underwhelm and guys who were afterthoughts get drafted in the first round. We've seen guys progress tremendously over their career, although not always linearly, and we've seen guys not progress or regress. Same with teams and seasons.

I have no way of knowing the future track for DHam or AB. But I've seen enough from them to be excited about next season and even the remainder of this season. As some really wise people have proclaimed we will know in twenty minutes whether or not we are DOOOOOÕMMEED!!!!!!!!!!

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Compare Brimahs offensive game this year to last year. He's 100% better. He can finish the alleyopp (and more importantly gets in great position for it). He can hit a hook shot and a 12-15 footer when he takes it. He's still raw but he has improved so much over a summer where he was injured its way to early to say he will be here 4 years. He shouldn't leave this year but who knows how much he will grow over the next summer.
Three inches would be nice.l

Reaction Score
Fantasy basketball is not NBA basketball. You'd be a fool and shortly fired if you drafted either this season.

Ham has a chance after his junior nor senior year if he learns how to defend and can score against people who actually defend him. Not to mention make consistent outside shots and cut down his turnovers.

AB isn't getting drafted other than as a cap saving pick. He just lacks the body control to survive in the NBA. Someone might take him for his size to ride the bench, but you'd be taking a risk giving him guaranteed money. He can't defend, rebound or stay on the floor against smaller college players. The NBA would eat him alive. He has a chance next year to be an important piece of a sweet 16 level team, if he works on his game. He's no more NBA ready than Soulemane Wane was.

Im saying both can be top 5 IF they stay for next season. I think by the end of next year both will be high lottery picks. I do NOT think they would be even top 20 players this year--maybe not top 25--either could sneak in past 25 for a team with who is rebuilding who has a secondary pick and is enamored with either BUT each of these guys are SMART to play another year and move much higher and hone their skills and bodies. Its worth MILLIONS to both to stay and they get a year+ of improving . In NO way am I suggesting theyd be top 5 picks THIS year.

Reaction Score
Amida Brimah (right now) is a poor man's DeAndre Jordan. They are both long, athletic players that can block and alter shot attempts. They both have a limited arsenal on the offensive end (each is top 5 in FG% because of the amount they dunk and alley-oop).

DeAndre fell to the second round, and has made the best of his game. He had the frame to add the 35 pounds after college which has helped to make him an elite rebounder, I don't know if Brimah has the ability to add 35/45 pounds without significantly altering his game.

Brimah has potential, but unless he makes drastic improvements on both offense and defense, I don't believe he's a lottery pick next year.

I don't really agree with the comparison. I think Amidah has much better potential on the offensive end (Jordan has absolutely no touch and shoots 40 percent from the line), but isn't in the same stratosphere as an athlete. Amidah reminds me of Dieng, but with slightly worse balance, and with less muscle (which I hope AB can add this off-season).

Reaction Score
I don't really agree with the comparison. I think Amidah has much better potential on the offensive end (Jordan has absolutely no touch and shoots 40 percent from the line), but isn't in the same stratosphere as an athlete. Amidah reminds me of Dieng, but with slightly worse balance, and with less muscle (which I hope AB can add this off-season).
And DeAndre is the best rebounder in the game, no disrespect to Andre b/c he's my favorite player and the second-best, but the number DeAndre has put up since Blake went out are insane.

Reaction Score
Scrappy you really need to go to an NBA game and get as close to courtside as you can. Those players are unbelievably talented and athletic for their size. College doesn't even compare. Napier was killing the college ranks, and now is fighting for PT. Morrison, Reddick and many other all americans can be mentioned.

Locally Thabeet, Lamb, . . . . the list goes on. You can't compare/measure performances against ECU, Tulsa, etc.. with NBA competition. More importantly Amida is not even getting challenged in practice everyday. That is not good.

So please stop with the top 5, Amida is all potential and risk right now. Its up to him (with coaching assistance) to determine his future, but sorry a 2015 NBA career is not there.

As for DHam he has family experience on his side, matched with talent and huge potential. In the summer he doesn't need camps, he just balls with his brothers, and they too will challenge and educate him. He has the best 1st round shot right now, and that's at least a year away.

Reaction Score
Brimah will make HUGE progress this offseason. He is already an elite shot blocker and his rebounding and offensive skills have great potential. People need to realize that he is about as skinny as you can get right now. He has not had a true off season to focus on lifting and improving strength. This is not something you can drastically improve on during the season and he was limited all summer by his shoulder surgery. This kid has made leaps and bounds since last year and he couldn't even work on his game over summer...take a second and let that sink in. The AB and DH combo will be very fun to watch next year. Let's hope Adams and RP can fill in solid 3/4 rolls and we should be a very good team.

Reaction Score
Brimah will not be going anywhere except the weight room this off-season. Needs to hit the weights hard. Has great potential and really like the DeAndre Jordan comparison. If we do some great things next year like Final Four or NC is the only way I see Brimah not playing 4 years here. Similar to what Dre did last year.

Reaction Score
Neither did Rip.
Well Rip waas drafted 7th(which isn't top 5 ) after the National Championship were he played great ball and the draft has gotten more international. I love Dham but I don't see a top 5 pick. Lottery sure but his shot isn't solid and he is a good but not great athelete.
I love dham and he will be gone but I see him as more of a 10-15 pick.

Reaction Score
And DeAndre is the best rebounder in the game, no disrespect to Andre b/c he's my favorite player and the second-best, but the number DeAndre has put up since Blake went out are insane.
Agree two different players. Deandre is more explosive and weighs 265 pounds as well.
Well Rip waas drafted 7th(which isn't top 5 ) after the National Championship were he played great ball and the draft has gotten more international. I love Dham but I don't see a top 5 pick. Lottery sure but his shot isn't solid and he is a good but not great athelete.

Lets look back next year. D Ham also looks on TV closer to 6-9 than 6-7 one of the guys they may have listed under his possible height--hes taller than Facey. If he gets that jumpshot down over the next 8 months--were going to potentially have the best player in CBB on our team. His FG % needs to go to 45% or better and his 3 pt 38% or better. I can see him next year at 18.5 points 10 rebounds 6 assists 45%

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Right at this moment, DHam's one possible NBA talent is his rebounding, but only if he gains the weigh to sustain that knack at the next level. His jumper is weak, his handle is just below average and his spin move is a slam dunk at the other end in waiting. Everybody likes 17 boards. His assist consists of lobs to Brimah over stiffs not DeAndre Jordan or Kentucky's line. Look at the bodies of the Duke kid and Arizona kid, both freshmen lottery picks around DHam's height. Look at DHam's body. NBA is man's game.

Reaction Score
Right at this moment, DHam's one possible NBA talent is his rebounding, but only if he gains the weigh to sustain that knack at the next level. His jumper is weak, his handle is just below average and his spin move is a slam dunk at the other end in waiting. Everybody likes 17 boards. His assist consists of lobs to Brimah over stiffs not DeAndre Jordan or Kentucky's line. Look at the bodies of the Duke kid and Arizona kid, both freshmen lottery picks around DHam's height. Look at DHam's body. NBA is man's game.

The NBA looks at potential, age, IQ & athleticism. They really don't care what you did in HS or even College, but what you can do in the NBA. D.Ham is comparable to Evan Turner (size, handle, passing, overall skill). Justise is a very good defensive player since he's got good size, but he cannot handle the ball like D.Ham. Stanley Jefferson is similar to Justise in build, but more offensive minded. Both can over power college size guys, but neither are great shooters (similar to D.Ham). But what will they both do in the NBA? Neither is a great shooter, neither handle well, neither is a great athlete. What are Justise & Winslow at the next level? D.Ham has a handle & passing ability. At 6'7", D.Ham has a unique skill those other guys don't have. D.Ham doesn't need to score to be affective.

Reaction Score
Our best prototype for D-Ham - both in terms of his draft stock and our prospects as a program - is Evan Turner. That guy wasn't an elite athlete by any stretch. Hell, he wasn't even a great shooter. But he had a gift for rebounding and phenomenal floor vision & handle for a guy his size. I don't think a kid like Turner goes #2 overall in 2015, but there's definitely an appetite for that type of player at the next level. I have no doubt Hamilton could go in the lottery either after next season or the year after depending on how his game develops. I also think D-Ham's ceiling defensively is a great deal higher than what we are seeing now.

Reaction Score
You never answered my question which was if you thought this team was going to make the tournament.

Reaction Score
I remember when someone called me dumb in the beginning of the season when i said there was no way Brimah is leaving to the NBA this year, he said i underestimated the need for a big man in the NBA and that Brimah could be drafted this season lol

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
If there is one place you find early first round NBA draft picks it's from the pool of NCAA upperclassmen.

Reaction Score
Agree two different players. Deandre is more explosive and weighs 265 pounds as well.

Lets look back next year. D Ham also looks on TV closer to 6-9 than 6-7 one of the guys they may have listed under his possible height--hes taller than Facey. If he gets that jumpshot down over the next 8 months--were going to potentially have the best player in CBB on our team. His FG % needs to go to 45% or better and his 3 pt 38% or better. I can see him next year at 18.5 points 10 rebounds 6 assists 45%
I think at the Lebron Skills Camp or something like that he measured 6'8.5 in shoes. His hair definitely adds to the visual height but i think he's at least 6'8.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I'm mildly worried about AB leaving. Was watching Duke/Scuse and hearing how Rakeem Christmas is going first round based on his play improving. Several mocks from late Jan-mid Feb had AB above Christmas in 2nd round. If AB blows up in final three games and AAC tourney, who's to say he wouldn't be listening to advisors tell him he'd be a 25-30 pick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom