Wow!! AEH! | The Boneyard

Wow!! AEH!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Andra Espinosa-Hunter is making an impact for Mississippi State:

Furman vs. Mississippi State - Box Score - November 21, 2018 - ESPN

In knocking off Furman, AEH plays 20 minutes, scores 14 points, including going 2-5 from outside, gathers two rebounds and a steal.

Really sorry to have lost her. If only she were back at Storrs....

Yeah, putting up decent stats against a garbage team like Furman must mean that she is the second coming of Taurasi.

Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score
She is talented, and may develop into a fine player, but a fairly good showing against a cupcake is not cause for euphoria.

Context matters. Ms. State beat Furman by 65 points! Five players for Ms. St. scored in double digits.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
And I was gloating about our bench for the way they played in the SCSU exhibition game but when they played against D1 Vanderbilt, well, same ol story...I guess it does matter who the other team is, imo.

Reaction Score
She is talented, and may develop into a fine player, but a fairly good showing against a cupcake is not cause for euphoria.

Context matters. Ms. State beat Furman by 65 points! Five players for Ms. St. scored in double digits.

all true but then again when was the last time Bent, Irwin, Gordon, Coombs scored 14 points against anybody? As a matter of fact, I don't remember when the four of them even combined to score 14 points....

Reaction Score
Im tired of these threads about this kid Head bang
Same. You'd think she was a combo of DT, Maya, and Stewie the way some carry on about her. How many kids that have left UConn went on to become great? I'll wait for someone to provide some good examples where UConn really missed out.

Reaction Score
Come on. No way this is even close to being true.
She looked better than walker in there same sample size. If both players had no name on the back of the jersey and incoming hype was the same I would have said AEH was the better player.

Reaction Score
She looked better than walker in there same sample size. If both players had no name on the back of the jersey and incoming hype was the same I would have said AEH was the better player.
But how many games did she play? She was gone by December. You're basing this on an incredibly small sample size.

Reaction Score
But how many games did she play? She was gone by December. You're basing this on an incredibly small sample size.
Yup
And walker was awful the rest of the season. AEH would not have to do much to outshine walker. AEH was confident and unafraid to shoot. I’m not saying AEH will be better than walker 3 years from now, I’m merely saying she was better than MW last year.

Reaction Score
Same. You'd think she was a combo of DT, Maya, and Stewie the way some carry on about her. How many kids that have left UConn went on to become great? I'll wait for someone to provide some good examples where UConn really missed out.
None besides Della Donne. When I first became a fan and looked into I was a bit surprised so few were even that good for there new teams. Most busts with the higher expectations because they came from UConn. USC guard from state of Conn was ok but not a star The transfer to Wisconsin did the nicest job of anyone besides DD. Ekmark is doing pretty good. Ekmark would never have seen the floor if she stayed so good for her. She lost two years of playing time. No stars besides Delle Donne.

Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Yup
And walker was awful the rest of the season. AEH would not have to do much to outshine walker. AEH was confident and unafraid to shoot. I’m not saying AEH will be better than walker 3 years from now, I’m merely saying she was better than MW last year.
Awful? Inconsistent, yes. But she was really good against UCLA, Temple, and N.D. at least.

Reaction Score
What? Just stop.

I guess u didn’t watch the games last year. I’m sure both players actually stats were not great but AEH was clearly more the more game ready player from day one. I mean. It’s kinda silly to debate I rather look at present and towards future. There’s enough to be concerned about.

Reaction Score
not

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69