Would you take a natty title this year IF you knew in 3 years the title was going to be vacated due to recruiting violations? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Would you take a natty title this year IF you knew in 3 years the title was going to be vacated due to recruiting violations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Because one involves college sports - which is almost inherently sleazy - fandom and the other is your actual life? I don't see how this is a point of contention. It would be more strange to me if someone couldn't make that distinction. I don't particularly care if some 18 year old kid gets something under the table to play at State U so that means I'm going to embezzle money from my employer? How does that make sense?
I know what you are saying. But it's not just college sports, it's a billion dollar business. I think it's a fair question to ask. A quick no would suffice.

Reaction Score
Do you care if rules are broken to your detriment and the benefit of others? If so, I think it is disingenuous to not care. You're not alone, I just don't see how one squares that circle.
Then my answer is no, I don't apply the same rules to every day life as I do to entertainment. The question was posed as recruiting violations, which are in the grand scheme of things very minor. A little extra money under the table or a house for a recruit's parents aren't gonna keep me up at night. When there starts to be real world consequences with real world victims, then a line has been crossed. Just my opinion, I don't expect everyone to agree

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Talk about a ridiculous statement. Yes, I'm sure @navery12 is a truly unethical individual because he can look past 18 year old kids (many of which are from poor economic situations) receiving impermissible money to play basketball.

How could someone possibly live them with themselves.
That’s hardly the point. The majority of this board by a long shot can’t say enough crap about Bill Self, Pitino etc. (So that doesn’t include you or Navery or others. , fair enough) Which at least implies they would be unhappy with our coaches if they were Self or Pitino clones. It ain’t the 18 year olds, it’s the adults who recruit them. So I take it you don’t care if Hurley breaks every rule in the book - hey it’s only the NCAA stiffs anyway - to build his program. Sports and politics create interesting ethical attitudes.

Reaction Score
Then my answer is no, I don't apply the same rules to every day life as I do to entertainment. The question was posed as recruiting violations, which are in the grand scheme of things very minor. A little extra money under the table or a house for a recruit's parents aren't gonna keep me up at night. When there starts to be real world consequences with real world victims, then a line has been crossed. Just my opinion, I don't expect everyone to agree
My beef has always been don't pretend to have rules and standards that apply to everyone and then have programs like Duke and Kentucky where the rules and standards clearly don't apply to them.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
"Would you cheat to win if you knew you wouldn't get caught for three years?" No. I wouldn't cheat to win if I knew I'd never get caught.

Absurdly stupid question. UConn hasn't needed to cheat.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog