Would you like to play Sid yet Danny? | The Boneyard

Would you like to play Sid yet Danny?

Reaction Score
Sid is good for a terrible charge or turnover or three but who on this roster isn't? I've never been clear why he's so low on Hurley's priority list, the kid impacts the game whenever he gets the chance, and he looks like he fits in with the better teams they've played more than some other guys.

Reaction Score
If Hurley stays true to his word of performance matters, Sid took a bunch of Adams' minutes going forward.
Sadly, mid-season and we're still a one game at a time team.

Reaction Score
Sid is good for a terrible charge or turnover or three but who on this roster isn't? I've never been clear why he's so low on Hurley's priority list, the kid impacts the game whenever he gets the chance, and he looks like he fits in with the better teams they've played more than some other guys.
He's too athletic and has too much energy to be forced out. I hope Polley's injury changes things and Hurley's forced into playing him and Sid stays.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

I feel the same way. From the start Sid has struck me as a guy who responds to carrots not sticks. He needs people to have confidence in him, doesn’t seem to react as well to the tough love approach. You could see his confidence growing and our best stretch came with Josh out, Akok at 5 and Sid at 4.

Reaction Score
If Polley's injury is the catalyst for Sid to finally buckle down and begin to tap his potential, then the injury, while a bummer for Tyler Phommachanh, is a net plus for the team. If Sid, Akok and Bouk ever put it together in the same game, there isn't any version of Wichita State that will stay on the same floor with them. We will suffer from a thin bench this year, but that first six, if it includes the Sid we saw today, is going to get us some surprise wins.

Reaction Score
You can only play 5. As soft as Carlton is, with bigger teams like WSU Carlton needs to be on the floor. With Polley out, you need guys that can make baskets. Vital showed something yet again in the second half. Al is the best ball handler this team has. Gaffney is talented, but not the ball handler Al or even Vital is. He can't create for himself or others yet off the dribble.
Sid flashes. Gives up the turnover, rushes back and has a HUGE block, then follows up yet another Carlton miss with a HUGE dunk before the half. That was sick. Made his two biggest shots as a husky today from deep.
With only 9 healthy scholarship athletes, I think you just have to get the most out of Al, Akok, Bouknight, Vital, Wilson, Carlton, and Whaley. Sadly Adams was non-existent today. He had basically no impact.
I'm back tracking here on Gaffney now, He's not ready.

Reaction Score

I want to respond with a 'wink' 'wink' emoji but this is better:

Image result for yeah right gif

Reaction Score
I really think Sid and Akok could really push each other to develop. They are similar players. They have similar builds and games. Both could provide lots of energy. I just wish one would hit enough 3's you could steal some minutes from the SF position and have them both out there for brief periods of time.

Reaction Score
Never happy with a lost but the guys played their butts off. Sid showed he deserves more run which will be needed now that Polley is out. Adams and Gaffney were really bad.
I have said it from day one that the key to this season may depend on Sids development. I think Hurley has totally under utilized Sid all season.
No Sid underutilized Sid all season

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
I am trying to think back a UConn player who has as many put back slams as Sid. Stunning!! Last year a couple and keeping up the trend this year. Wow.

Reaction Score
Sid makes plays. He is not perfect but he needs to be part of the rotation. Maybe todays positive plays gets him confidence to be more of an offensive threat and open things up for others.

Reaction Score
The man had a very good game. If I’m correct he hit both 3pt attempts and looked good doing so. Those weren’t ugly strokes.
He also had a tremendous put back from our 5 thats sleeping in the paint. Plus He had a few sensational blocks. Great game and love his passion.

Reaction Score
Sid starts, he has to but he deserves it. Positives are his hop, boards and put back ability. Negative is turnovers and handle but he has to be out there more than 20 minutes.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom