Would you like to play Sid yet Danny? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Would you like to play Sid yet Danny?

Reaction Score
Sid does so much more than BA. He should get 15-20+ min a game until BA steps up some

Reaction Score
Gotta get BA open as a spot up shooter. He puts it on the floor it’s a turnover or charge. He has no finesse

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
He's too athletic and has too much energy to be forced out. I hope Polley's injury changes things and Hurley's forced into playing him and Sid stays.
I'm with SJ here. Sid believes and plays like he belongs at this level and then some. And to be real that same competitive juice automatically has to have him assessing his value relatively speaking, and there have to be people assessing him as well. It's just how it is.

Also in all candor, should I presume on good BY word that Sid has poor practice habits?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I agree that Sid should get more minutes but I would bring him off the bench
While Bouk missed 4 layups, had a few unforced TOs and foolish fouls, the kid is going to be a star and he has a chance to start so I would start him - DH would be foolish not to.
If Sid has been in the doghouse because of practice effort, he knows what DH expects so he needs to conform
It was great to see SId play well, succeed and enjoy doing so

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
I want to respond with a 'wink' 'wink' emoji but this is better:

Image result for yeah right gif
Nice!

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
I'm with SJ here. Sid believes and plays like he belongs at this level and then some. And to be real that same competitive juice automatically has to have him assessing his value relatively speaking, and there have to be people assessing him as well. It's just how it is.

Also in all candor, should I presume on good BY word that Sid has poor practice habits?
In other words, and I saw the DH tweet, for Syd to get no run whatsoever and we need his athleticism, and athletic skill, he must be by far the worst dog in practice. Otherwise, hard to understand the limited and inconsistent run.

Reaction Score

Some guys are tremendous in practice but do horrible when the lights go on. Other players do poorly in practice but when the lights go on they preform. Sidney performs big time in big moments. Not sure why but he can dominate on offense and defense. Sidney rules!!

Reaction Score
Sid has the most natural athletic talent on the team. Been saying that from day 1. The kid is a freak and jump out the gym. He’s got incredible reflexes and timing. High energy motor. Just needs to be put in a place that maximizes his gifts. Get him crashing the boards, blocking shots, running the floor and playing with a high intensity. He’ll make some big mistakes, but he changes the gane for the better. I just wish we had a pure 3 shooter. We would be a in pretty good shape. It would open up the floor and give us some critical scoring capability.

C

Chief00

Sid is good for a terrible charge or turnover or three but who on this roster isn't? I've never been clear why he's so low on Hurley's priority list, the kid impacts the game whenever he gets the chance, and he looks like he fits in with the better teams they've played more than some other guys.
I like Sidney’s impact potential too. What Hurley struggles with is not being in Storrs enough last summer and consistent effort in practice. Sometimes, Sidney can put up a wall that’s tough to penetrate. It would be great if he can turn the corner on that but yeah AG does stuff that Sidney would get pulled and benched for.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I'll be simple about it, Sid ain't scared. We need that regardless of his shortcomings.

I'd say that's my overall point of view as well.

I don't think it's unreasonable that Hurley has been sacrificing some of this season to teach Sid an overall lesson about consistent effort. People here might be seeing his contribution in limited minutes and clamor for more, but he's building a program and long term development is important. Sid is still young enough for that development to matter. I trust Hurley's instincts there.

I think clearly though, and especially with the injuries, he's earned himself some more minutes. He's a tough kid.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
Sid has the most natural athletic talent on the team. Been saying that from day 1. The kid is a freak and jump out the gym. He’s got incredible reflexes and timing. High energy motor. Just needs to be put in a place that maximizes his gifts. Get him crashing the boards, blocking shots, running the floor and playing with a high intensity. He’ll make some big mistakes, but he changes the gane for the better. I just wish we had a pure 3 shooter. We would be a in pretty good shape. It would open up the floor and give us some critical scoring capability.

There was a play, late 2nd half where a WSU player tried an awkward shot. It caromed off the rim straight at Sid. It would have bounced off of most player's heads but Sid caught it cleanly. Talk about cat-like.

Reaction Score
Sid looked great yesterday. Like he knew how important he was. I hope he can build on this and work his way into a 20 minutes a game player. His shot looked much better but can he repeat it? He still fouls too often (however he gets no benefit of the doubt calls) and can't dribble. Improve in those two areas and he will see significant minutes. When we are not getting beat up inside a lineup of AG, CV, JB, SW, and AA could be potent

Reaction Score
Even though Sid had a few highlight plays, he still get's lost on defense. It's probably the biggest reason why he wasn't getting minutes. For example, he was late closing out on shooters in the Wichita game that resulted in 4 3's during the game which is something that Hurley won't overlook.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Even though Sid had a few highlight plays, he still get's lost on defense. It's probably the biggest reason why he wasn't getting minutes. For example, he was late closing out on shooters in the Wichita game that resulted in 4 3's during the game which is something that Hurley won't overlook.
Polley played arguably worse defense, especially off the dribble. Sid is an upgrade at basically everything but three point shooting.

Reaction Score
I like Sidney’s impact potential too. What Hurley struggles with is not being in Storrs enough last summer and consistent effort in practice. Sometimes, Sidney can put up a wall that’s tough to penetrate. It would be great if he can turn the corner on that but yeah AG does stuff that Sidney would get pulled and benched for.
AG does stuff that would put him on the pine on premier high school teams

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom