OT: - Would you and 4 of your pick-up hoops buddies beat this college team? | The Boneyard

OT: Would you and 4 of your pick-up hoops buddies beat this college team?

Reaction Score
Eh, it's a small Christian school who isn't even in the NCAA.

NDSU had no business playing them in the first place.

Reaction Score
The final score: 108 - 14... what benefit does a D1 program get from even bothering to play a game like this

Reaction Score
They probably scored 14 more pts against a D1 team than I'd be able to. But damn if that isn't the ugliest 3 pt shot I've ever seen.

Reaction Score
Someone (can't remember who) reported that their enrollment was between 80-120.
Can't think of a reason they're on any D1 schedule

Reaction Score
I watched this and texted one of my friends and said we no doubt could have made this team coming out of high school. In my 40’s currently I still make 12th man on the team.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
looks like when me and 4 friends played intramural basketball in grad school and played against undergrads that had played high level high school basketball

Reaction Score
In the reddit thread someone said they've actually won some games. I can't imagine what their league looks like if that's the case. I feel like there are plenty of public high school games that would be more enjoyable to watch.

Reaction Score
Never heard of something like this. It's basically just a club team... a bad club team. It's cool they get to play and have some fun, but it's just silly for them to matched up against a legit D1 team. They're not even giving a bit of a challenge like a D2 team could.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Never heard of something like this. It's basically just a club team... a bad club team. It's cool they get to play and have some fun, but it's just silly for them to matched up against a legit D1 team. They're not even giving a bit of a challenge like a D2 team could.
I don’t know about boneyarders and their buddies, but the top tier intramural teams at UConn would beat them. I remember one year when I was in C level at UConn an A level team with John Gwynn and Marc Surh came in 3rd in A level. Some legit players.

Reaction Score
I don’t know about boneyarders and their buddies, but the top tier intramural teams at UConn would beat them. I remember one year when I was in C level at UConn an A level team with John Gwynn and Marc Surh came in 3rd in A level. Some legit players.

The better intramural teams probably could compete against some D3 teams with a little coaching pretty easily. Probably not a Calhoun coached USJ with size, but plenty of D3 teams ain't great. Some are awful.

Like I've said before, I was a fairly abysmal D2 player but I was on a scholly. When I played in the UConn intramurals during my first master's right after undergrad, there were plenty of solid athletes and big dudes out there. I was often one of the smallest.

The big difference was skill level and experience. I just shot the ball so much better than almost everyone and could read plays as they developed much faster. Also I was willing to relentlessly foul people lol.

Reaction Score
The sad thing is, I think they're the intramural team that you would see on the schedule and pregame with your friends because you know you're gonna beat them handily.

As a 2x back-to-back intramural championship game participant, I can confirm.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom