Worth making a serious run at Addazio? | The Boneyard

Worth making a serious run at Addazio?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Going over some of the lists people have been posting (I like Dooley's the best, with addition of Dan Mullen).

I'd take Addazio but stealing him from BC after a year would probably incinerate forever the fragile relationship between UConn and our wonderful neighbors up in the Heights. Getting BC back on the football schedule (and play at Fenway or Gillette) should be a priority for Susan, Warde and our governor the BC grad.

Is Adazzio good enough to trade for not ever playing BC in football in our lifetime?

BTW I hope Ollie beats the sorry hoop Eagles by 50-plus next Thursday at the Garden.

Reaction Score
No stone should be unturned, however Adazzio turned Boyle away once already and that would give me pause. I want someone who can coach Boyle up, not encourage him to leave.

Last edited:

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Two schools of thought on this:

1. if we were to lure Adazzio from BC, it would make one heck of a statement in terms of New England pecking order;
2. if we were to offer him much more money than what BC is currently paying (ex - let's say we offer him $2M/yr), and he turns us down, then that would make one heck of a statement in terms of New England pecking order…in a very bad way.

Me? I'd say go for it, especially if our top targets (Narduzzi, Lembo, Mullen?, etc) are not interested. We can definitely pay him much more than what BC is paying and like it or not, that accounts for something in the eyes of college football "old money".

Reaction Score
Holy Cow. Why on earth would Addazio take the UCONN job. BC is in the ACC, UCONN might just end up with zero wins and are in a horrid conference.

I would have loved it if the timing worked and Addazio was our head coach. But, unfortunately, that ship has sailed.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Holy Cow. Why on earth would Addazio take the UCONN job.

quote]

Because he always wanted to visit Memphis in the fall?

The answer is....he wouldn't. Only if he got fired at BC.

But...I am on the fence with him anyway. He was not that well liked in Florida as the OC. Once Mullen and Tebow left, Florida offense was bad. Many of their fans blamed Addazio and were glad when he left. Also...he did okay at Temple with Golden's players but he wasn't there long enough to show a pattern of recruiting...developing....winning. If he can do well at BC, then I will be a believer. Until then..I like the other options being discussed on here.

Reaction Score
Holy Cow. Why on earth would Addazio take the UCONN job. BC is in the ACC, UCONN might just end up with zero wins and are in a horrid conference.

More reason to Addazio to come here. BC could win the national championship in Boston and will never been higher than 5th in the pecking order up there. He turns this thing around here and could be the football Calhoun.

Reaction Score
I'm not sold on Addazio. Truthfully, I'd take Lembo, Clawson, Herman, Narduzzi, and probably a couple of others before I got to his name? I don't know how realistic those others are, but Addazio would be far from my first choice that is for sure.

Reaction Score
Addazio should be far down on our list. Yeah it would make a nice statement against our hated neighbor up north, but we care more about the future of our football program. If there are better candidates out there, we definitely should go after them before Addazio.

Reaction Score
I'm not sold on Addazio. Truthfully, I'd take Lembo, Clawson, Herman, Narduzzi, and probably a couple of others before I got to his name? I don't know how realistic those others are, but Addazio would be far from my first choice that is for sure.

I agree with this. Tossed Addazio out thinking Burton might throw his weight behind him this time (and hopefully, BB saw how quickly the Houston Nutt trial balloon plummeted).

Reaction Score
Guys. There is zero chance Addazio would consider us. He coaches a team in a p5 conference. There is zero incentive to leave that job for the UCONN job.

Believe, me, if he somehow became available, he would be in my top 2 or 3 candidates. But it isn't happening.

Just makes me wonder what could have been if FHCRE announced he was leaving just a couple of weeks earlier. Addazio would never have taken the Temple job.

Reaction Score
I agree with this. Tossed Addazio out thinking Burton might throw his weight behind him this time (and hopefully, BB saw how quickly the Houston Nutt trial balloon plummeted).

So you start this thread by saying "I'd take Addazio" then when the trial balloon you float doesn't go so well you agree that you're not sold on Addazio and he would be far from your first choice?

Which is it? You are certainly doing a good job of playing both sides of the fence

Reaction Score
Speaking generally I think it's a mistake to automatically cross off coaches who are already in a P5. There's a lot of good things about this job that we tend to dismiss or forget that make it equal to or better than the lower-level teams in those conferences. Thanks to P the ceiling is now almost ininite There's lots of things about the UConn job that make it better than the BC job (profile in market, etc).

Reaction Score
So you start this thread by saying "I'd take Addazio" then when the trial balloon you float doesn't go so well you agree that you're not sold on Addazio and he would be far from your first choice?

Which is it? You are certainly doing a good job of playing both sides of the fence

Easy Bobby. I wasn't "pushing" him. I was positing if it was worth destroying forever the relationship to BC to get him.

Reaction Score
No…1) because it is not going to happen, 2) because it would likely upset BC and the rest of the ACC and UConn can’t afford to alienate them again (even if I am on the B1G bandwagon) and 3) I really don’t want to run in Addazio at both UConn alumni and HS alumni events, one of the two is enough.

Reaction Score
Going over some of the lists people have been posting (I like Dooley's the best, with addition of Dan Mullen).

I'd take Addazio but stealing him from BC after a year would probably incinerate forever the fragile relationship between UConn and our wonderful neighbors up in the Heights. Getting BC back on the football schedule (and play at Fenway or Gillette) should be a priority for Susan, Warde and our governor the BC grad.

Is Adazzio good enough to trade for not ever playing BC in football in our lifetime?

BTW I hope Ollie beats the sorry hoop Eagles by 50-plus next Thursday at the Garden.

I'd really have to question his mental condition if he came here, so no I do not want him.

Reaction Score
I didn't want Addazzio 3 years so I'll remain consistent.

But it's downright hilarious that some here think he would leave the BC job to come here after 1 season. Talk about delusions of grandeur.

Reaction Score
I didn't want Addazzio 3 years so I'll remain consistent.

But it's downright hilarious that some here think he would leave the BC job to come here after 1 season. Talk about delusions of grandeur.

All things being equal this is true. In the OP I guess I should have included "if Burton wants to make it happen". As "deluded" as BB may or may not be he seems to have designs on grandeur (unlike some of the beaten-down people here). After getting aced out in the process the last time BB seems like the kind of guy who will go out of his way to be heard this time and thinking he might use Addazio as his vehicle.

Reaction Score
All things being equal this is true. In the OP I guess I should have included "if Burton wants to make it happen". As "deluded" as BB may or may not be he seems to have designs on grandeur (unlike some of the beaten-down people here). After getting aced out in the process the last time BB seems like the kind of guy who will go out of his way to be heard this time and thinking he might use Addazio as his vehicle.

How in Buddha's Blue Blazes is Bob Burton going to make this happen??????????????? This is laughable. Addazzio is not leaving an ACC job (a terrible ACC job, but ACC none the less) to come to the freaking American Athletic Conference.

Reaction Score
How in Buddha's Blue Blazes is Bob Burton going to make this happen??????????????? This is laughable. Addazzio is not leaving an ACC job (a terrible ACC job, but ACC none the less) to come to the freaking American Athletic Conference.

Hate to see you so beaten down by this season, JS. Until further notice I'm subscribing to the Geno "we're in a league of our own" thing. I think the right football coach will go a long way toward getting UConn out this mess. If BB tells his board member Sue he's donating $20 million to UConn if. .. . . . you get the idea. I'll tell you one thing. BB may not name the next coach but I'll bet Sue/WM will bet 'inclusive' this time, even if they're just pretending.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
UConn's best chance of landing a good P5 coach is to pick a guy in a hard-to-win spot who might be thinking that he's better off grabbing a new five-year deal at UConn than he is hoping to get an extension in the next year or two. (Also known as the "Tuberville Gambit".)

Reaction Score
UConn's best chance of landing a good P5 coach is to pick a guy in a hard-to-win spot who might be thinking that he's better off grabbing a new five-year deal at UConn than he is hoping to get an extension in the next year or two. (Also known as the "Tuberville Gambit".)
Yup. That is why we need to keep an eye on Miss. State over the next couple of weeks. After they lose to Bama this week they will be 4-6. If they don't win their last two vs. Arkansas and Ole Miss he may be knocking on Warde's door....

Reaction Score

or the Mullen Manuever

Reaction Score
I'm not too crazy about Addazio either. Would we really want to hire a guy whose mentor was Paul Pasqualoni? PP gave him his start in college coaching and got him the job at Cheshire High. He might be totally different from PP in coaching philosophy, but just saying. Has he recruited well for BC, and not just in New England?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom