Worst shows in television history | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Worst shows in television history

Reaction Score
Mad About You was a chick show. I wasn't crazy about it, but I can see why women liked it. Most spinoffs don't count because they didn't make it 30 episodes. I think the Friends spinoff with Joey did make it 30 episodes, but it was more mediocre and boring than truly terrible.
True on chick show, but other chick shows like Designing Women, Golden Girls, Sex in the City had CHICKS in the lead roles. This one was egregious b/c it was a chick show with a emasculating man parading around as if he was liberated, cool and witty.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Have to put New Girl and The Mindy Project with 2 Broke Girls. I've given all multiple chances. Can't remember a smile, let alone a laugh.

I also think Blue Bloods deserves a spot on this list. It satisfies all criteria (#4 x 3, with Selleck, Walberg, and Moynahan.). I started watching it because Bridget Moynahan was in that mid-40's sweet spot, but it soon became unbearable. 1 family, 2 NYPD commissioners, 3 highly decorated officers, 1 NYC ADA, all above reproach? In that town? I suppose it is possible, but unlikely.

Reaction Score
Have to put New Girl and The Mindy Project with 2 Broke Girls. I've given all multiple chances. Can't remember a smile, let alone a laugh.

I also think Blue Bloods deserves a spot on this list. It satisfies all criteria (#4 x 3, with Selleck, Walberg, and Moynahan.). I started watching it because Bridget Moynahan was in that mid-40's sweet spot, but it soon became unbearable. 1 family, 2 NYPD commissioners, 3 highly decorated officers, 1 NYC ADA, all above reproach? In that town? I suppose it is possible, but unlikely.
Tom Selleck. Does he do anything but purse his lips, exhale and sigh.

Reaction Score

New Girl is in a completely different stratosphere than 2 Broke Girls. I really liked the first couple seasons.

The True American game episode is great TV

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
True on chick show, but other chick shows like Designing Women, Golden Girls, Sex in the City had CHICKS in the lead roles. This one was egregious b/c it was a chick show with a emasculating man parading around as if he was liberated, cool and witty.

This is one of the 2 ways most men are shown on TV now. It's either this or the Homer Simpson/Al Bundy type.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I can't believe it took me this long to come up with Saved by the Bell. Epically terrible, and I will give this show credit for Elizabeth Berkeley's appearance in Showgirls and Screech's porm career.

The young Tiffani Amber Thiessen was one of the most beautiful girls I'd ever seen. But yes, it was a pretty bad show. It was Saturday mornings I think, not prime time.

@Kolumbo Hanna Montana was actually a great show. My daughter watched it when she was young (perfect age really) and we laughed at it quite a bit. The guy who played her brother was very funny. It was probably the best sitcom of it's time, despite being on the Disney Channel.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Though the show does not meet criteria #3 (perhaps by Nelson's design. Most children's shows are beyond awful), any parent of a child over 5 should agree that Calliou is the worst program in broadcast history.

Reaction Score
Though the show does not meet criteria #3 (perhaps by Nelson's design. Most children's shows are beyond awful), any parent of a child over 5 should agree that Calliou is the worst program in broadcast history.
Calliou is so bad that even young kids make fun of it, but Fairly Oddparents and its screaming ilk are worse in my view. They over-stimulate the young viewer while providing caustic, sarcastic shtick that seemingly tries to translate to bad behavior. This makes the awkward, balding, milquetoast kid seem like an ok hang.

Reaction Score
Tom Hanks went on and had a few good roles :rolleyes:, but Bosom Buddies was terrible.

bbdownload.jpg

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
Under the Dome

Cannot believed I actually watched this for three seasons. Started off promising but then quickly became a train wreck.

Reaction Score
This is another one that, while it wasn't good, just was too popular to nominate for suckiest ever. Remember, John Ritter pretending to be gay to room with females was, in the 70s, as close as a weekely sitcom could come to actually portray a gay character. And, notwithstanding the fact that he wasn't, allowed all sorts of homophobic jokes that, outside of Trump Country, wouldn't be laughed at today.

Agreed - at the time - it was must watch (at least for me).

Reaction Score
Under the Dome

Cannot believed I actually watched this for three seasons. Started off promising but then quickly became a train wreck.

There were 3 seasons? I kind of liked season 1 but didn't know there were more. Guess I'm glad I didn't watch?

Reaction Score

Agreed on 2 Broke Girls - didn't watch The Mindy Project. Think you are dead wrong on New Girl. I've said it here elsewhere - Jess is probably the worst character on the show, but Winston/Schmit/Nick are great characters. I laugh out loud nearly every episode.

Reaction Score
Tom Hanks went on and had a few good roles :rolleyes:, but Bosom Buddies was terrible.

View attachment 32054
Disagree, it was like watching Mike Trout in AA ball. Lots of sitcom-ness to it, but I enjoyed it - you could tell some of the jokes & Hanks scenes were improvised. Solid B at the time but probably not re-watchable today.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
There were 3 seasons? I kind of liked season 1 but didn't know there were more. Guess I'm glad I didn't watch?

Yup. I think each one occurred in the summer.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
The Strain, cool idea, awful execution

I was struggling to come up with something, but this might be it. Only made it through a few episodes before I had to quit.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
This is another one that, while it wasn't good, just was too popular to nominate for suckiest ever. Remember, John Ritter pretending to be gay to room with females was, in the 70s, as close as a weekely sitcom could come to actually portray a gay character. And, notwithstanding the fact that he wasn't, allowed all sorts of homophobic jokes that, outside of Trump Country, wouldn't be laughed at today.

John Ritter was under-appreciated. He was a very gifted physical comedian, like Carol Burnett. It's a style not seen or used much anymore, because instead reality TV and YouTube just gives us actual idiots to watch. So the writing for Three's Company wasn't great, because the humor mostly didn't come from dialogue.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Calliou is so bad that even young kids make fun of it, but Fairly Oddparents and its screaming ilk are worse in my view. They over-stimulate the young viewer while providing caustic, sarcastic shtick that seemingly tries to translate to bad behavior. This makes the awkward, balding, milquetoast kid seem like an ok hang.

Morning kids shows have to be out. Saved by the Bell barely makes the cut.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Agree with a couple other posters, I actually liked New Girl. At times it went too far w/ the quirkiness but it had likable characters and plenty of genuine laughs for me.

Reaction Score
John Ritter was under-appreciated. He was a very gifted physical comedian, like Carol Burnett. It's a style not seen or used much anymore, because instead reality TV and YouTube just gives us actual idiots to watch. So the writing for Three's Company wasn't great, because the humor mostly didn't come from dialogue.
Three's Company was really silly & every plot was a misunderstanding that cell phones would undo in 10 seconds, but lots of people watched it. Ritter's comedy is under appreciated sure and he was definitely funny. But c'mon that's not why people watched and if it were on today we'd all take a gander for at least a few minutes.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom