Worst offense of the tournament | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Worst offense of the tournament

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
If you don’t like the product just stop watching.

If you think we are worse off then a year ago and can’t appreciate the season for what it was that is on you.

If you need to scream and yell as loud as you can because you lost money on the game well then...

Reaction Score
The last 6 minutes of the half was the difference. We needed to cut it to 5 points and the biggest mistake was keeping Sanogo on the bench with 2 fouls. What happened? They extended the lead to 11 and Sanogo only played 18 minutes and finished with 2 fouls.
I don't understand why he benched Sanogo, he gives us inside presence on both sides of the ball. He needed to play 30 minutes at least.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
And he had 3 guys on him
Even more of a reason to adjust and get more off ball looks. He didn’t trust his teammates at all tonight. The next step in his development was helping make his teammates get better and he failed there.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
If you don’t like the product just stop watching.

If you think we are worse off then a year ago and can’t appreciate the season for what it was that is on you.

If you need to scream and yell as loud as you can because you lost money on the game well then...
They cost a lot of people money tonight. Vegas for sure won on this one.

Reaction Score
Yes that is def good. Brought us back to relevance and it’s gonna get better from here. Top 10 recruiting class coming in. Love that he is our coach going forward. Agree with you
Anyone suggesting Hurley needs to go is an idiot. He needs to get better wit coaching offense, but the trajectory of this program is good. But this game was on the players more than Hurley.

Reaction Score
We couldn’t even get Bouk his best looks, which are off ball baskets!!! He is not a 1 on 1 player as much as he tries to be.
Yes he is. If only it was 1 on 1. More like Bouk vs whole team. Thats what happens when the other team know that nobody else on the team is a threat and cant make a shot to save their lives.

Reaction Score
We have seen the same remedial offense for 4 years now

Reaction Score
Book is an 80% FT shooter but tonight he missed most of them when it hurt the most!!!

Reaction Score
I don't understand why he benched Sanogo, he gives us inside presence on both sides of the ball. He needed to play 30 minutes at least.
Sanogo was having real problems keeping up with Scott on D, and his hedge wasn't keeping Ayala from making plays. Combine that with the packed D in the lane, and he wasn't able to get buckets on that end. I think DH had to go smaller/quicker - especially when we went down big.

Reaction Score
Martin was solid all year and tonight was easily his worst game I think. Couldn’t make a freaaaaakinggggg layup

Reaction Score
Aside from terrible shooting, the disappointing thing for me tonight is that with a week to prepare, I didn't see any signs of a team that had a game plan for handling how MD plays. MD played exactly how we'd expect them to from the scouting reports I read. I didn't see any wrinkles on our part to get Bouk good looks, to have him prepared to look for shooters to outlet to when the D came at him, or a way to defend their 5-out style of offense. Did they really look at all of the MD video and decide, "Yeah, if we just play our normal game, we'll take them"? Umm, how about a Plan B in case that doesn't work out the way you expect?

Reaction Score
Martin was solid all year and tonight was easily his worst game I think. Couldn’t make a freaaaaakinggggg layup

He has absolutely not been solid all year. One game he will give you 15. The next unable to make a lay up. Brendan Adams was the same way last year.

Reaction Score
I know I will take a bunch of grief for this but I have to wonder what the comments would be if our players hit an average percentage of their open shots. I saw a bunch of uncontested shots that were way off the mark. The very first sequence of the game resulted in five UConn shots before we scored. I also saw the opening few minutes of the second half going no where with Sanogo on the floor. He was not effective when he got the ball and the middle got very clogged up when he was in there.

As for the comment that Bouk is not a good 1-1 player, I have to say I totally disagree. What we did find tonight is he is not a good 1- 3 player - few are. In games where he had space he showed he is an excellent 1-1 player which is why I think he has a high ceiling at the next level. It helps when you have teammates who can score.

Sure Hurley needs to grow his game and that will happen. I remember when someone one the Boneyard wrote a tutorial on how to attack a zone in hopes that Calhoun would read it. These guys know how to coach but you only have so much time in a season to prepare your team and both Calhoun and Hurley spent most of the time working on defense. Once you have players who have been in your system for a couple of years and know the defensive schemes then you can work on the offense. Remember the first year here Hurley did not really have time to recruit so we have only 2 years of his players. The future is bright.

Reaction Score
Texas is a 3 seed and has 48 points against Abilene Chrsitian with 56 seconds left. For perspective...

Reaction Score
Sanogo was having real problems keeping up with Scott on D, and his hedge wasn't keeping Ayala from making plays. Combine that with the packed D in the lane, and he wasn't able to get buckets on that end. I think DH had to go smaller/quicker - especially when we went down big.
Could have gone zone. Couldn’t have done any worse with it. Our small guards were overwhelmed down low.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom