Worst finisher in Uconn history | The Boneyard

Worst finisher in Uconn history

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
My vote goes to Ryan Boatright. I cannot recall a player in the last twenty years that goes to the hoop more often where the results are a missed wild chippy or getting stuffed. You can probably put a lowlight reel of errant drives to the hoop resulting in nothing but bad that will go on for hours. Dish the rock Ryan.

Reaction Score
He does kick now and then but if he don't change he'll be backing up Samuel.

Reaction Score
It's a blessing and a curse. He's quick and athletic enough where he can get to the rim almost at will. But he's not big enough to finish with any consistency. To be fair, he has kicked out today better than I can ever remember.

Reaction Score
My vote goes to Ryan Boatright. I cannot recall a player in the last twenty years that goes to the hoop more often where the results are a missed wild chippy or getting stuffed. You can probably put a lowlight reel of errant drives to the hoop resulting in nothing but bad that will go on for hours. Dish the rock Ryan.

Your a dumba**

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I'm not his biggest fan but he has played well tonight

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Blah blah blah but he missed that wide open layup.

Fine.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score

for brains, who is leading the team in assists tonight?

Reaction Score
In your scientific study, how many players under 6 ft got to the rim as regularly as he does? He absorbs a ton of contact and I wouldn't be shocked if his body has worn down a bit from all of it this year.

Reaction Score
He always avoids contact so much that he gives himself awful angles or really tough shots. The refs allow guys to just jump straight into a still defender and will almost always call it on the defender. I don't know why boat never does. He goes so far out of his way to avoid contact that he leaves himself only acrobatic prayer shots.

Although he has missed a few open layups tonight.

He has done a nice job kicking it out tonight tho

Reaction Score

This is why we can't have nice things.

Reaction Score
He's fine tonight but I think the post is about changing or improving that one aspect of his game so that he can run the team better next year. Don't want to stop his agressiveness but he has some room to make smarter choices and some of it is because the kid has no fear and thinks he can do anything. KO pulled him early for Samuel and we went on a run.

Uconnrick

Twisted, but still lovable.
Reaction Score
Kiss my avatar. Kid plays great D tonite, controls the game and leads us in assists and he gets hammered? Once again, read the first sentence.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score

And your point is ...

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
stop the insanity

Reaction Score
Boat has big time hops but at his height it takes him a while to get up there and gets swallowed up at the rim more often for my liking. He needs to learn to use his body better but at his size it's simply problematic. He definitely needs another year to learn how to finish more consistently. Bazz doesn't have nearly the hops and seems to finish around the rim at a much higher clip. Hopefully Boat will learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom