Worse than Pasqualoni | The Boneyard

Worse than Pasqualoni

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I mean, this is abysmal.

And it's going to get a lot worse.

Recruits see the writing on the wall. They are not going to commit to this sinking ship.

I just heard this: "The East Carolina sack machine..."

One sack the whole season. 4 sacks today.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
PP was dreadful
HCBD is proving he is a joke and the joke is on UConn

Reaction Score
I knew after the Maine game that this was going to be an awful season.
Yeah I walked away shaking my head as well. Trying so damn hard to be a line up and rush for 3.5yds every down type of team. Seemed like no effort was made to advance the offense.

Reaction Score
Look guys ECU made us better today! This is a process. It's not about winning. It's about us becoming a team. We are setting how we will play. Our style. This is Uconn Country!

Hey, I don't believe this!

Reaction Score
Pasqualoni was a bad coach but in his first 2 seasons the games were at least entertaining. His coaching cost us about 2 wins but those were solid 7-5 teams who looked like they were playing football at the minimum D1 level of speed, athleticism, physicality, and game pace. Even the Michigan game his last year was memorable. These Diaco teams play as if they are in quick sand. Everything is so slow moving I wonder if its just lack of talent or horrible preparation for game speed. We already know the game moves too fast for the coach so why wouldn't it carry over to the players. The physicality? Non existent. His coaching has cost us just as many wins as P did if not more. He's supposed to be a defensive minded coach and they put no pressure on the QB and can't cover WR's.. All of this is ominous for year 3.

Last edited:

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Maybe like the Baltimore Colts bob will leave in the middle of the night

Reaction Score
Diaco will be here next year for the 700th time. We don't have 5 million.......

Reaction Score
Pasqualoni was a bad coach but in his first 2 seasons the games were at least entertaining. His coaching cost us about 2 wins but those were solid 7-5 teams who looked like they were playing football at the minimum D1 level of speed, athleticism, physicality, and game pace. Even the Michigan game his last year was memorable. These Diaco teams play as if they are in quick sand. Everything is so slow moving I wonder if its just lack of talent or horrible preparation for game speed. We already know the game moves too fast for the coach so why wouldn't it carry over to the players. The physicality? Non existent. His coaching has cost us just as many wins as P did if not more. He's supposed to be a defensive minded coach and they put no pressure on the QB and can't cover WR's.. All of this is ominous for year 3.

He at least fielded a top ranked defense that could keep us in the game. And yes those were Edsall's boys. Here is our problem. We lack speed at skill positions and really can't play smash mouth because our line doesn't out muscle anyone. We have no style to play which leads to our Qb being our leading rusher.

Reaction Score
PasqualonI got sent packing with a 10-18 record and a team that quit on him.

Diaco has an 11-23 record and the score and box score I just looked at is not good.

Disco has produced worse on field results than Pasqualoni did.

I think its time for an ombudsman intervention or something .

Reaction Score
I knew after the Maine game that this was going to be an awful season.
Funny you should say that. I posted on Facebook DURING the Maine game: The Death of UConn Football. But I guess we all shoulda known when HCBD played the one's vs. the two's in the Blue-White spring game.

Reaction Score
PasqualonI got sent packing with a 10-18 record and a team that quit on him.

Diaco has an 11-23 record and the score and box score I just looked at is not good.

Disco has produced worse on field results than Pasqualoni did.

I think its time for an ombudsman intervention or something .

Stop already with the comparison.

PP inherited a Fiesta Bowl team.

Diaco inherited a massive dumpster fire.

Apples and oranges.

Reaction Score
Diaco will be here next year for the 700th time. We don't have 5 million..

He has a buyout next year too.

So, you don't save $5m by firing him next year.

I would argue you lose more than the difference by keeping him--lose fans, but especially recruits.

Reaction Score
Yeah I walked away shaking my head as well. Trying so damn hard to be a line up and rush for 3.5yds every down type of team. Seemed like no effort was made to advance the offense.

Over the last few years our performance against an FCS opponent in the season opener has been an accurate indicator of how the season would go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom