OT: - World Cup | Page 13 | The Boneyard

OT: World Cup

Reaction Score
He's a detriment to portugal and holds them hostage
I went out with a gal from Brazil a few years ago and was surprised at her hatred for Ronaldo since she loves soccer and attractive men ( I don't claim to be that).

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
I went out with a gal from Brazil a few years ago and was surprised at her hatred for Ronaldo since she loves soccer and attractive men ( I don't claim to be that).

While Brazil speaks Portuguese, and has historical connections, there is definitely some animosity between some people from Brazil and Portugal. My wife is Portuguese and filled me in on this as I just assumed they were practically one in the same. The same goes for mainland Portugal and the Azorean Islands of Portugal similar to mainland Italy and Sicily. I grew up being corrected by my grandfather when I would tell people I was Italian, he would quickly correct me and say "No you are Sicilian, there is a difference."

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
He's a detriment to portugal and holds them hostage

At this stage in his career absolutely. I think previously not so much because of just how damn good he is/was. More like they probably put up with it because it was in their best interests as a club.

Reaction Score
Yeah for sure. Ronaldo at 37 isn't serious. Can get some goals but he's starting to miss chances an average striker puts away and he doesn't run much at all

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Yeah for sure. Ronaldo at 37 isn't serious. Can get some goals but he's starting to miss chances an average striker puts away and he doesn't run much at all
In fairness, I stopped running much at all at 37 too. ;)

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Ronaldo is at the Mays on the Mets stage of his career. Except Willie wasn't that bad.

Reaction Score
Agreed. It's not like having better teams in our federation helps the USA at all. If anything when it comes to world soccer I would rather the USA stay strong and the rest of our federation stink that way we do not miss anymore world cups in the future. They can always play better competition in friendlies if the worry is not getting challenged enough.
The thing is that's not really a way to get better as most/all of the best teams don't care about friendlies and/or don't take them seriously and often are missing key /best players. It's not all that dissimilar to secret scrimmages.

Reaction Score
I always thought Ronaldo was a classy guy but I don't follow soccer very closely. When he celebrated his air goal though, that really was a bad look. Go congratulate your teammate man!

Germany doesn't make the cut. Is that a huge story or what? It's freaking Germany. Upon further review, it seems the Japanese goal was legit. Did the ball fully cross the line?

I know Pulisic is playing but is he really going to be playing with whatever injury he has?

I'm calling it out, I don't care if there is some millimeter overlap. The human eye would judge it out so it's out. It's behind the goal post.

1670030593266.png

Reaction Score
The entire ball must be over the line. You can't see any green between the ball and line, so nothing to overturn the call.
The problem I have with the call is that play has been called out for generations, as long as the game has been played. No chance that ball was ever called in before this VAR horseshit. And the players play the game that way. It's as if all of a sudden baseball would start calling pitches at the armpits strikes because technology says it must be so. Plus, you don't know if the camera was at the right angle or if the photo was taken at the right time.

Reaction Score
The problem I have with the call is that play has been called out for generations, as long as the game has been played. No chance that ball was ever called in before this VAR horseshit. And the players play the game that way. It's as if all of a sudden baseball would start calling pitches at the armpits strikes because technology says it must be so. Plus, you don't know if the camera was at the right angle or if the photo was taken at the right time.
Play the whistle.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
The entire ball must be over the line. You can't see any green between the ball and line, so nothing to overturn the call.
It’s out. That VAR angle can be manipulated. Ref should have blown the whistle. That was the error.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Have plans to head to a brewery soon. But that was true regardless of result. USA played quite well, just couldn’t finish and made a couple of mistakes in defense.

Reaction Score
I don't know if I would blame anyone. We just look overmatched today at every position except keeper perhaps.

Reaction Score
I don't know if I would blame anyone. We just look overmatched today at every position except keeper perhaps.

The problem coming in was that we had too much mileage in the midfield. The talent drop off is so bad that we really couldn’t rotate much.

You could see the tired legs and lack of sharpness all day with MMA.

Ferreira was absolutely the worst player out there. We could have played Weah at striker and started Reyna on the right.

But we came out throwing numbers forward which is the game the Dutch wanted.

So, we have a depth issue and a fatigue issue as well. We had a game plan that made those issues worse and allowed the Dutch to use their strengths.

This is called being out-coached.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom