OT: - World Cup 2018 | Page 54 | The Boneyard

OT: World Cup 2018

Reaction Score
Good possession early for Belgium but they never threatened the goal. France meanwhile looking quicker and more deadly despite having less ball.

Reaction Score
Good possession early for Belgium but they never threatened the goal. France meanwhile looking quicker and more deadly despite having less ball.

Pretty even so far. France was content to sit back and counter. But when they did, Belgium re-countered with a couple chances.

Reaction Score
A couple great chances for Belgium. France's D looking a bit shaky. Lloris came up huge.

Reaction Score
France just evened up the run of play a bit.

Quite even so far in terms of quantity and quality of chances.

Reaction Score
France just had the best chance. Great run from Pavard and nice read from Mbappe after he had just been stymied in a similar situation 30 seconds prior.

Reaction Score
Hazard making things happen and then getting blown up. Russell Westbrook style.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I don’t normally watch this commie sport, but the people I’m with do.

These guys are as corrupt as fiba

And why did Belgium just get a kick 20 yards back from where the penalty was?

the Q

Reaction Score
Give him a 2nd yellow for diving after dribbling the ball away. Make him miss the next match for super punkery.

It’s clear that the refs aren’t doing anything to hurt France

the Q

Reaction Score
I’m glad I didn’t waste a lot of time on corrupt garbage like this for the last month.

Reaction Score
Soccer player playing soccer just set casual soccer fandom in the US back a year
FTFY

Seriously how many people every fourth year tune in to care for 45 minutes (which itself is to be commended, given the failure of the USMNT this time around) and then remember why they never cared in the first place?

Reaction Score
apparently mostly because of how the world views our president and his policies
Yeah. Definitely. It's understandable how non-American countries don't like America-first policies. Why would they. Lol.

Reaction Score
Given how the US wasn’t a clear-cut favorite over lone competitor Morocco for the 2026 cup, apparently mostly because of how the world views our president and his policies... yeah there’s no way you can say that politics are separate from this event.
@Rocktheworld Based on Morocco's infrastructure challenges, dearth of quality stadiums (hello Qatar, just a bit better), etc, few well reasoned people believed Morocco was an ideal location. However, some self-serving European nations, media, & online networks liked Morocco's time zone, relative proximity to Europe, massive business opportunities (bonjour France), etc.

In contrast, spreading 2026 across US/CAN/MEX, consequent distant travel requirements, time zone differences, etc. raised reasonable concerns. When the media, online, advertising, etc. revenues break all past records, such prior concerns will likely fade away.

Agreed, politics and business absolutely cannot be unwoven from FIFA's ongoing site selection, bracket selection, and potentially even referee selection and other possible game day considerations.

Reaction Score
@Rocktheworld Based on Morocco's infrastructure challenges, dearth of quality stadiums (hello Qatar, just a bit better), etc, few well reasoned people believed Morocco was an ideal location. However, some self-serving European nations, media, & online networks liked Morocco's time zone, relative proximity to Europe, massive business opportunities (bonjour France), etc.

In contrast, spreading 2026 across US/CAN/MEX, consequent distant travel requirements, time zone differences, etc. raised reasonable concerns. When the media, online, advertising, etc. revenues break all past records, such prior concerns will likely fade away.

Agreed, politics and business absolutely cannot be unwoven from FIFA's ongoing site selection, bracket selection, and potentially even referee selection and other possible game day considerations.
I've noticed the attendance at the games in Russia. Games in the U.S. will have much higher attendances. The stadiums are bigger and they will be filled. I remember how hard it was to get tickets to the games in Foxborough in 1994. I think it will be even harder in 2026.

Reaction Score
I've noticed the attendance at the games in Russia. Games in the U.S. will have much higher attendances. The stadiums are bigger and they will be filled.
Even for today's France-Belgium semi-final, I'm fairly certain the most expensive upper center sections were not filled. Yes, Russia's absolutely experienced challenges selling out all of the games. Just don't tell FIFA!

In 2026, I share your well reasoned belief the games in the US, Mexico, and Canada will be packed to the gills. I'm confident that will include the games in Edmonton some for-nahs are bicthing about now.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score

10 games are played in Canada and 10 are in Mexico. The rest are in the US

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
This is wild. Certainly some poor refereeing here.

Reaction Score
36970483_10103140601511586_2266174287540912128_n.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom