Work it out (practice video) | The Boneyard

Work it out (practice video)

Reaction Score
NICE PASS, from Nika to ICE #25 and following that, from Ashlynn #12 to Aaliyah!
So... those are the entry passes..... next video... draining the three pointer! Go Huskies!
Go ICE, GO Ashlynn. and everybody else!

Reaction Score
I understand the boys at practice but why don't they play defense like the girls do in games? Watching this helps me to understand whey the struggle with lay ups. Playing body up defense is okay but the arms and hands in the way are more realistic to game situations. To be clear I am talking about good clean defense not hacking the girls when they go to the basket although that might be more realistic lol

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
I would wager that the boys who scrimmage against the women's team play defense just the way the
coaches tell them to. If they vary from those instructions in a significant way they get pulled....maybe a warning or two....then not invited back.

Reaction Score
I would wager that the boys who scrimmage against the women's team play defense just the way the
coaches tell them to. If they vary from those instructions in a significant way they get pulled....maybe a warning or two....then not invited back.
And there are times when they’re told to not hold back too.

Reaction Score
When you are dealing with injuries to multiple players with injuries, you don't want to add to the walking wounded from practice. I'm guessing that is the reason for the apparent ole' defense you see in these videos. I'm sure the coaches do not want the physicality of a game when they are practicing given the current roster situation.

The problem with that is that you aren't going to get the crisp cuts and timing you see in these videos when the teams they play in real games are grabbing and hip checking the players as the move through their offensive sets. It's got to throw off the timing and the motion that they are showing in these practice videos.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom