OT: - Wordle stats problems since NYT takeover? | The Boneyard

OT: Wordle stats problems since NYT takeover?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Anyone else here a Wordle player? I‘ve been playing for two and a half weeks and have played on the same device with the same browser every day, and it has kept my statistics like it is supposed to—until yesterday, when I got my first two, which was my best result so far.

I know the NYT recently bought it and was supposed to maintain continuity with the stats as long as you played from the same device and on the same browser, but today I see that it has set me back a day and yesterday’s result has apparently vanished, which makes no sense because it still has my streak (minus one day), but it shows no twos for me, which is wrong. I checked the FAQs and Emailed the support but it only replies with the same lie that if you play from the same device on the same browser your stats should be maintained correctly.

Wondering if anyone else has had this problem?

Reaction Score
I’ve had the same issue.

It was never supposed to keep continuity. The guy who created it said he was going to try and work with them to see if it’s possible

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I’ve had the same issue.

It was never supposed to keep continuity. The guy who created it said he was going to try and work with them to see if it’s possible
The NYT site says that it was supposed to keep continuity as long as you played from the same device and on the same browser. And it definitely purports that my streak extends beyond the date of the NYT takeover, but they have recorded my stats wrong.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I haven’t been using the same browser every day. So I haven’t noticed. I saw people playing and my first try I got it in two, so was hooked. I will check the browser on my work PC for stats. This was via ipad. No stats.

Wordle 239 4/6

⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜

Reaction Score
I play every day, my stats seems to be fine. I use the same browser and don't ever close the page

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I haven’t been using the same browser every day. So I haven’t noticed. I saw people playing and my first try I got it in two, so was hooked. I will check the browser on my work PC for stats. This was via ipad. No stats.

Wordle 239 4/6

⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜
Yeah my oldest daughter turned me on to it and I got it in three my first time, before I even knew the rules (which led to a wasted guess), so I was likewise hooked. I have gotten five threes, but yesterday was my first and only two (so far…) and I am pissed to lose it in my stats!

Got a five today…

arch

Reaction Score
Hooked as well. Frequently clear history so lose stats. Now stuck playing “unlimited“ for hours at a time.
No twos, several threes, mostly fours in daily game. I guess I need a good starting word.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Anyone else here a Wordle player? I‘ve been playing for two and a half weeks and have played on the same device with the same browser every day, and it has kept my statistics like it is supposed to—until yesterday, when I got my first two, which was my best result so far.

I know the NYT recently bought it and was supposed to maintain continuity with the stats as long as you played from the same device and on the same browser, but today I see that it has set me back a day and yesterday’s result has apparently vanished, which makes no sense because it still has my streak (minus one day), but it shows no twos for me, which is wrong. I checked the FAQs and Emailed the support but it only replies with the same lie that if you play from the same device on the same browser your stats should be maintained correctly.

1st world problems

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Ha. No help today, but good word for us!

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Checked on my work browser and my stats are there. I am completely stuck on today's word.

Got it in 5. That was nasty.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Checked on my work browser and my stats are there. I am completely stuck on today's word.

Got it in 5. That was nasty.
I have one try left for today and have 3/5 letters correct. This is a hard one.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Ha. No help today, but good word for us!
Got it in 4. That was a tough one and it was only my 2nd game (got a 4 yesterday too). Didn't really read any rules so I was prepared to not get it as it used the same letter twice. But I realized after line 2, I wasn't remotely close, so I used that line as a sacrificial offering knowing it couldn't possibly be correct given the positions of the letters I had - but I had to use the remaining vowels to see which one would be in the winning word. And through that sacrifice, there was only the winning option left.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Got it in 4. That was a tough one and it was only my 2nd game (got a 4 yesterday too). Didn't really read any rules so I was prepared to not get it as it used the same letter twice. But I realized after line 2, I wasn't remotely close, so I used that line as a sacrificial offering knowing it couldn't possibly be correct given the positions of the letters I had - but I had to use the remaining vowels to see which one would be in the winning word. And through that sacrifice, there was only the winning option left.
Yeah once you learn that that is a possibility you need to be on the lookout for it; it has happened twice previously in the 18 days that I have been playing, so I knew to look for it. Got it in three today.

There is a "hard mode" option that dos not allow you to waste guesses and requires you to apply the clues you have already learned. I don't use that setting but I try to live by that rule irrespective; I have only had to break it once.

When "ultra" was the word the other day I got it in two guesses (my first and only two, which has since disappeared from my stats and caused me to start this thread) because there were no other options that fit.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Yeah once you learn that that is a possibility you need to be on the lookout for it; it has happened twice previously in the 18 days that I have been playing, so I knew to look for it. Got it in three today.

There is a "hard mode" option that dos not allow you to waste guesses and requires you to apply the clues you have already learned. I don't use that setting but I try to live by that rule irrespective; I have only had to break it once.

When "ultra" was the word the other day I got it in two guesses (my first and only two, which has since disappeared from my stats and caused me to start this thread) because there were no other options that fit.

Today was tough for me because I got the 4th letter location correct and nothing else. Then the 5th. But I proceeded to completely strike out on 3rd and 4th guess, leaving me with so few letters that the remaining word was literally the only word that could be made.

One thing I'm curious about. If a letter is duplicated, and you have the location wrong, do you get two yellow squares? When you get the location right you don't get an indication that it is duplicated.

Reaction Score
Today was tough for me because I got the 4th letter location correct and nothing else. Then the 5th. But I proceeded to completely strike out on 3rd and 4th guess, leaving me with so few letters that the remaining word was literally the only word that could be made.

One thing I'm curious about. If a letter is duplicated, and you have the location wrong, do you get two yellow squares? When you get the location right you don't get an indication that it is duplicated.

No.

Reaction Score

A 2 is awesome, congrats!

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
I just posted something on the Entertainment board for Wordle players. Figured it would be best to discuss there.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom