Wordle Discussion Daily Spoilers | Page 16 | The Boneyard

Wordle Discussion Daily Spoilers

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I had to use the trick. It worked.

Screenshot 2022-04-15 103106.png

Reaction Score
Wow! I guess I really lucked out. All I wanted to find out on 2nd street was if the word started with the S. Then I used the first SH word that came to mind to test an H. I was really surprised when they all turned green.

Reaction Score
I play in Hard Mode. Can't use that trick. I've lost a couple in situations exactly like this one where there are too many choices.
Actually, you can. I played in HARD mode also until my 1st loss. It was then that I started researching Wordle strategies, and discovered what we call "the trick." Shortly thereafter, in the middle of a Wordle game, when I had an opportunity that didn't matter, I went into the settings and attempted to switch out of HARD mode. To my surprise...it switched. Bottom line; we can go in and out of HARD mode whenever we choose. What I discovered, for me anyway, is that HARD mode actually handcuffed me, and required me to spend more time to play the game.

BTW, I have actually used "the trick" twice (for the same reason you mentioned) and ended up on 4th street and 5th street respectively. But I didn't lose! :D

Cheers!

Reaction Score
Actually, you can. I played in HARD mode also until my 1st loss. It was then that I started researching Wordle strategies, and discovered what we call "the trick." Shortly thereafter, in the middle of a Wordle game, when I had an opportunity that didn't matter, I went into the settings and attempted to switch out of HARD mode. To my surprise...it switched. Bottom line; we can go in and out of HARD mode whenever we choose. What I discovered, for me anyway, is that HARD mode actually handcuffed me, and required me to spend more time to play the game.

BTW, I have actually used "the trick" twice (for the same reason you mentioned) and ended up on 4th street and 5th street respectively. But I didn't lose! :D

Cheers!
Yeah, I know that you can switch out of Hard Mode. But I never do.

Reaction Score
9120B86C-2814-4BE6-BC9B-7536203EC1F0.jpeg

I was down to my last 2 chances and was looking at choosing from K, M, P, and V. Tried to think of a word with at least 3 of those letters to suss out the final letter. Anyway, couldn’t think of a word, guessed the 2 wrong letters of the 4. FAIL. :(

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I play in Hard Mode. Can't use that trick. I've lost a couple in situations exactly like this one where there are too many choices.
Then hard mode makes the game irreverent since there were at least 7 answers. Turns it into nothing but guesswork. This way, you at least have to have a vocabulary that allows you to craft a word that limited the choices.

Reaction Score
Then hard mode makes the game irreverent since there were at least 7 answers. Turns it into nothing but guesswork. This way, you at least have to have a vocabulary that allows you to craft a word that limited the choices.
I've heard that argument. I don't disagree, I just choose to play this way. It doesn't bother me at all to miss one every now and then. It's not life and death. I'll save those life and death moments for my team's next Final Four game. :)

Reaction Score
Shame, indeed. 2nd loss.

Given there were 7 options, after missing 'shake', I should've gone with 'prove' to eliminate a bunch. Then 'loved". At least it would've guaranteed a six.

I worry about you guys who immediate thought "shame". What have you done wrong in your life to put that top of mind? :D

View attachment 75625
I thought the "SHAME" was directed at me... had the same fail.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I've heard that argument. I don't disagree, I just choose to play this way. It doesn't bother me at all to miss one every now and then. It's not life and death. I'll save those life and death moments for my team's next Final Four game. :)
I do the same as you, except I don't set it to hard mode; I just never let myself use a letter that's already been eliminated. I realize that limits me but its how I like to play, and I also don't mind missing one now and again (twice so far).

Reaction Score
Weirdly lucky guess pattern for me today leading to getting the hard part of the word in before the easy part:
A B O V E
F R A M E
S H A M E

Reaction Score
Wordle 300 3/6

⬜⬜
⬜⬜

saw the invite on the main board didn’t know you guys were doing this.
Welcome! Do you already play? Feel free to join in anytime.

However we use the 5x6 game grid, not the 2x2 game grid. :D :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I didn’t realize there was a Hard Mode. I think I’ve only burned a turn a few times but I think I’ll switch that on for tomorrow.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Welcome! Do you already play? Feel free to join in anytime.

However we use the 5x6 game grid, not the 2x2 game grid. :D :rolleyes:
Been playing for a month or so, tried hitting the share button and pasting.Then tried screen shorting the results.And uploading

Reaction Score
My new start word is already on shaky ground.

1650107348382.png

After all of that discussion yesterday about using HARD mode, I failed to police myself by using an S on second street when it had already been eliminated. However, the question remains, had I not used the word SNIPE, how differently might it have turned out.

Last edited:

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I think you played this well. Yet you probably didn't get pleasing results. I believe I would have done pretty much the same. This damn game is an awful lot like golf. No mater how your round turns out...
Maybe, but well below average. Mean is 3.84.

1650110402541.png

Reaction Score
My new start word is already on shaky ground.

View attachment 75649

After all of that discussion yesterday about using HARD mode, I failed to police myself by using an S on second street when it had already been eliminated. However, the question remains, had I not used the word SNIPE, how differently might it have turned out.
I've engaged in lots of discussions on start words. I decided early in the game to start with a different word each day, choosing a word that was related to something going on in my life and that had a couple vowels and a couple common consonants. So when my Louisville Cardinals made the Final Four I used "FINAL" the next day. When we were having issues with a contractor building a fence on a hill on our property I used "SLOPE" Yesterday my Cardinals got a transfer commitment from Morgan Jones, a guard from Florida State, so I used "GUARD" this morning. That was a poor choice.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom