Wooden list is updated | The Boneyard

Wooden list is updated

Reaction Score
20 names, none from UConn. Paige off because she hasn't played. Everyone else played themselves off. When was the last time we had no one on the list. That would seem to also say no first, second or third team AA. When did that last happen?

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
20 names, none from UConn. Paige off because she hasn't played. Everyone else played themselves off. When was the last time we had no one on the list. That would seem to also say no first, second or third team AA. When did that last happen?
When dinosaurs roamed the earth?! :p

Reaction Score
Since 1991 when Bascom was an AA, the only years that UConn didn’t have anyone on the 3 AP teams were 92, 93, 2005, 2006 and 2007.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Since 1991 when Bascom was an AA, the only years that UConn didn’t have anyone on the 3 AP teams were 92, 93, 2005, 2006 and 2007.
The "Dark Years."

Then we recruited this kid!

mayamoore_lg.jpg

Reaction Score
We will get in sync for the post session! ????
No AAs but a cohesive team?? Add some
"Jelly" to a team that is beginning to be on a "roll"
Believe!.... The Miracle Huskies..... a future movie
call the "Nutmegers", apologies to Indiana H.S.
basketball.

Reaction Score

Heavy representation of PFs/Centers.
Be interesting to see who will be first team AA.

Clark, Howard, Boston, Hillmon, ..... maybe Joens?

Last edited:

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score

Heavy representation of PFs/Centers.
Be interesting to see who will be first team AA.

Clark, Howard, Boston, Hillmon, ..... maybe Joens?
Howard shouldn't make a team this year, let alone 1st team. My guess for 1st team is Boston, Clark, Hillmon, Lee, Nalyssa Smith.

The top players look underwhelming this year since there have been many injuries and most top teams don't have an obvious standout like an Aliyah Boston.

Reaction Score
Howard shouldn't make a team this year, let alone 1st team. My guess for 1st team is Boston, Clark, Hillmon, Lee, Nalyssa Smith.

The top players look underwhelming this year since there have been many injuries and most top teams don't have an obvious standout like an Aliyah Boston.
All the commentators rave about Howard. I'd be surprised if she doesnt' make 1st and really surprised if she doesnt make 2nd.

Reaction Score
my preseason pick Caitlin Clark should win it but her team is letting her down. I won't be upset if it's Boston, but I feel like the voters will look at record and ranking.

Reaction Score
my preseason pick Caitlin Clark should win it but her team is letting her down. I won't be upset if it's Boston, but I feel like the voters will look at record and ranking.
Homer here.

Boston will not only have record/ranking. She will have strong performances against Cubane , Lee, ONO, Brink, Stati ( maybe) and several other highly visible bigs. Plus, she has been ESPNs poster child for most of the year.

Lee is really, really good. A lot of SCar players other than Boston were important in shutting her down. Lee’s 61 point performance against a ranked conference opponent was legendary.

Reaction Score
My take: Boston is the best player in NCAA WBB. She should be shoo in for this award. My understanding is she is not eligible for WNBA this year so my pick for number 1 draft choice is Naz Hillmon.

Reaction Score
getting this back to UConn, my take is without Paige we do not have one 5 star player, but they were 5 star in High School. Not sure what happened, but bottom line now is they have to play as a "team" to be better than the sum of the parts. That means more passing, more action, no standing around. I was watching Evina nail a 3 the other night. She let it go and then she stood and admired it. Luckily it went in. I watch the other team, they shoot a 3, the shooter runs to the basket, no one boxes her out, the shot misses, the shooter gets the rebound and puts in a layup. If can't get in for the rebound, then after you shoot, head back on defense to stop a fast break. Do something. I was watching Azzi play defense. People have criticized her defense, but her hands were up and active. She seems like the first one this year to be doing that, which all of Geno's players used to do. Interesting tidbit, I suddenly noticed CD putting her hands up more. The other person who does that, Paige. Maybe that is why she is not the quickest, but she gets a lot of steals on passes sent a few feet over her head. Hands are up, she jumps up a little and she intercepts the pass.

I do have to confess, watching the Creighton game, halfway through the first, I am cursing the TV, giving up on the team, thinking this is it, season over, good bye top 16 and home court, good bye top 25 and out of the rankings, get ready for a really bad game on Sunday, maybe I don't want to even watch it. I had no faith or expectation they could do what they did over the last 23 1/2 minutes. I had given up on them. They showed me. Big time. Please, Keep It Up!!!!!

Reaction Score
We will get in sync for the post session! ????
No AAs but a cohesive team?? Add some
"Jelly" to a team that is beginning to be on a "roll"
Believe!.... The Miracle Huskies..... a future movie
call the "Nutmegers", apologies to Indiana H.S.
basketball.
Sync? Have you seen a Uconn game this year that had 7 players, after the first quater of the last game, more in sync? If Uconn plays Tenn as much in Sync with as much Offense (they have been lacking in offense). If they play that well,, maybe, they may hit the promised land of the FF, possibly more. When this team is good, without Paige, and all cylinders are clanging away, they can be very very good.

Reaction Score
getting this back to UConn, my take is without Paige we do not have one 5 star player, but they were 5 star in High School. Not sure what happened, but bottom line now is they have to play as a "team" to be better than the sum of the parts. That means more passing, more action, no standing around. I was watching Evina nail a 3 the other night. She let it go and then she stood and admired it. Luckily it went in. I watch the other team, they shoot a 3, the shooter runs to the basket, no one boxes her out, the shot misses, the shooter gets the rebound and puts in a layup. If can't get in for the rebound, then after you shoot, head back on defense to stop a fast break. Do something. I was watching Azzi play defense. People have criticized her defense, but her hands were up and active. She seems like the first one this year to be doing that, which all of Geno's players used to do. Interesting tidbit, I suddenly noticed CD putting her hands up more. The other person who does that, Paige. Maybe that is why she is not the quickest, but she gets a lot of steals on passes sent a few feet over her head. Hands are up, she jumps up a little and she intercepts the pass.

I do have to confess, watching the Creighton game, halfway through the first, I am cursing the TV, giving up on the team, thinking this is it, season over, good bye top 16 and home court, good bye top 25 and out of the rankings, get ready for a really bad game on Sunday, maybe I don't want to even watch it. I had no faith or expectation they could do what they did over the last 23 1/2 minutes. I had given up on them. They showed me. Big time. Please, Keep It Up!!!!!
I too was ready to shutdown the TV in the first quarter. Glad I didn't. I'm at a loss for very very experienced player, one with international experience, telegraphing passes. Too often a blind man knew a pass from 30 feet was on it's way. Evina, Nika, often don't see the defense in plain sight and pass. Often a bounce pass would have worked better--but never in a crowd. I'm concerned experienced players are double teamed more than once.
Caroline, Fudd, Nika, even Edwards were hitting well--I want MORE.

Reaction Score
I believe they should look at record and ranking and the value of a player helping to get the team there. Clark is a dynamic volume player with a decent team around her. Like Rhyne Howard. Neither deserve to be first team this year. So many other more deserving players.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Olivia should be in
In what, exactly?

I think she has a good chance at all-Big East honors. Top 20 lists of NPOY awards, into so much.

Reaction Score
I believe they should look at record and ranking and the value of a player helping to get the team there. Clark is a dynamic volume player with a decent team around her. Like Rhyne Howard. Neither deserve to be first team this year. So many other more deserving players.
It's insane to think that Rhyne or Caitlin shouldn't be 1st team because they play on teams that aren't so good. We're past the days where one player can completely carry a team. Otherwise, you'd have mediocre selections from SC or Stanford that get post-season honors just because their teams were dominating.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Strong points for Howard: 20.4 ppg, 7.4 rpg, 51 steals, 24 blocks.

Weak points: Team is only 9-9, their worst record in many years. .317 on 3-pointers. 40 turnovers.

Her stats are better than I expected. I recall a few box scores showing about .300 shooting, but she has a decent (not great) .443 overall.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The last I looked, Caitlin was leading the nation in scoring AND assists. Bonus points to the person who can name the last woman or man to do that.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
The last I looked, Caitlin was leading the nation in scoring AND assists. Bonus points to the person who can name the last woman or man to do that.

Trae Young?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom