Won't Play Game to Soon After Apache's Death | The Boneyard

Won't Play Game to Soon After Apache's Death

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Won't Play Game - Link

What's with some of the adults. This time I agree with those that want to play the game. I didn't know Apache, but I suspect he would want his players to play the game.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
From the article:
"We are a Catholic school," Bishop Ford president Ray Nash said. "The gentleman isn't even buried yet. The day that we put more importance on any sort of a game before life and death is a day that we should stop being educators."

I guess the lesson is that Bishop Ford pres believes there's only one way to mourn or show respect -- his way.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
someone's death is a very emotional issue. having said that, they really ought to have someone talk to the entire team and help the girls decide what they want to do as a team - play or not play.

on edit i decided to read the whole article. i guess Nazarath's asst. coach felt similarly...

Nazareth assistant coach Ron Kelley, however, believes no one should dictate how his team wants to move forward from the death of Paschall, who was considered a father figure to the girls. Paschall, he said, would have wanted them to play, and they would like to take the court in his honor. "I think it's arrogant that adults would take the joy away from these children," Kelley said. "We didn't ask these kids to play. They decided on their own to play the game."

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
This is alot deeper. I was told if Nararath forfiets without an ok from the league they forfiet the season. I dont think people realize how big Apache was and how loved he was by those he helped. It didnt matter if you were rich or poor or if you transferred from CT or Indiana to play in Brooklyn he treated everybody the same and tried to help every girl that played for him. There are alot of emotions in NYC girls BB right now.

Reaction Score
This is alot deeper. I was told if Nararath forfiets without an ok from the league they forfiet the season.

While that might be true in a way, it is a non-issue since the league would OK rescheduling the game. It would not be a forfeit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom