Wonder About ND Atttitude toward UConn No Longer... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Wonder About ND Atttitude toward UConn No Longer...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
What does religious preference and frequency of praying have to do with anything?
Natalie Achonwa has been talking all week down here how much they pray for each other, and as good Christians that they are, I think it's horrendous that except for Niel Ivey, not one person in the program even gave a minor phony clap for Briana Stewart winning the POY. They have become pathetic. And for Muppet to agree with a reporter who asked if hatred one defines the relationship, I thought was low rent. That is a strong word for a "Christian" from Notre Dame! Just remembered- she said "at Notre Dame - we're a prayin university"!

Last edited:

Geno-ista

Reaction Score
As I posted on another thread:

I've always thought a coach was more than a person who merely instructs players in the fundamentals of a sport and directs team strategy. I believe a coach is also a mentor, encourager, supporter, inspirer and someone who can build character and confidence in those around him/her. I also believe a coach is the foundation from which good sportsmanship is learned and embraced. Good sportsmanship is learned from coaches who love and respect the sport they coach regardless of whether the player or team they coach wins or loses.
If a technical foul could be given during an awards presentation for unsportsmanlike conduct then Ms. McGraw is definitely deserving of such, IMO. Any college coach who cannot acknowledge and applaud a college athlete for winning POY, regardless of what school he or she plays for, is guilty of unsportsmanlike conduct. Shame on you, Ms. McGraw, for dropping the baton during an impressionable teaching moment for young athletes everywhere.
This should be an ESPN lead story- well written!!!!!!

Reaction Score
She's trying to out-Geno, Geno.

Turn the attention on herself instead of her players so they can focus on the task at hand without 800 media questions about playing without Achonwa..

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score

Turn the attention on herself instead of her players so they can focus on the task at hand without 800 media questions about playing without Achonwa..
The rivalry stuff is fine. But you can't possible think it was ok for the players and McGraw to not clap politely for Stewart.

Reaction Score
Funny reaction by Coach McGraw from the ND press conference. As they let the players go and kept
the coach there, she was chatting with the woman who was conducting the press conf and asked her
where she was before. The woman said she was with some school in the A-10, then (or before that)
at Connecticut. The coach reaction was priceless. It is at the 14:20 min mark or so of the replay
in case you want to check it out. I know it may be nothing, but funny regardless.

http://www.ncaa.com/video/playlists/sports/basketball-women/d1

Thanks for the link. Holy cow. I totally forgot to check out the NCAA site for these interviews. Here you get the full context of the message rather than clips from the sports shows. I would love to have dinner with Geno and Jim Calhoun. Oh my word. I do not think that I would be able to eat or drink anything during the meal. Geno is awesome. I just love listening to him talk, especially giving an interview. Classic

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score

If so, she has not done it well. To do that she should have had the kids clap while she did not. The manner in which she did it involved the kids in the middle of it.

Reaction Score
Doggydaddy, Icebear -

I didn't say she did it WELL, or she did it gracefully.

It's just my speculation that is what she is TRYING to do; not necessarily succeeding! :eek:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Doggydaddy, Icebear -

I didn't say she did it WELL, or she did it gracefully.

It's just my speculation that is what she is TRYING to do; not necessarily succeeding! :eek:

I disagree. She wanted to get into Stewie's head and make her press. She wants her kids totally energized by her Rodney Dangerfield mind set: We don't get no respect.

Geno-ista

Reaction Score
And to think that Geno was a gentleman and gave up his seat at the AP press conference so Natalie Achonwa could sit down.....Oh Muppet, grow up!
And he said in press conference that he thought Muppet was coach of the year-

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Hey she may be sore because no matter what she does or her team does its always about UCOnn. Both undefeated and ND is number 2 in the polls. Breanna POY. Let me tell you after we beat them tonite she will not be happy. As good as they are and as dominate as ND is they cant get by UConn and what Geno has built. Can you imagine being undefeated and not favored in the NC? Thats tuff. Understand Muffet is thinking we're undefeated and we can beat UConn for the NC then Achonwa goes down and so do her hopes of winning a NC for her seniors.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This morning ESPN's Mike & Mike were talking about the war of words. I really don't care about what is said, I just think the national audience for this game should be an all time high for WCBB. I hope this game does for the WCBB what the Bird vs Magic game did for the mens. It will have to be a exhibit of great skill, not a foul fest that will convince this new audience to come back next year and watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom