Wonder About ND Atttitude toward UConn No Longer... | The Boneyard

Wonder About ND Atttitude toward UConn No Longer...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This is nothing like Tennessee where Geno kept poking Pat mercilessly. I don't know what Muffet is complaining about. She won 7 out of 9 and usually got the game reffed the way she likes. I can't remember Geno saying anything except for the fibbing comment which she did.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
1. John Altavilla ‏@jaltavilla 44m
Muffet McGraw on when a sense of civility may return to UConn-NDwbb "I think we are past that point." WOW #UConnwomen

Well, so much for taking the high road....
I think That is all about trying intentionally of trying to become the permanent "Tennessee" of the future with Uconn. with new hm and hm's with So Carolina and I think A & m? And with our Duke and Stanford games- maybe Muppet thinks she needs to keep the jabs going to help solidify and build our rivalry- just a thought!

JRRRJ

Chief Didacticist
Reaction Score
I think That is all about trying intentionally of trying to become the permanent "Tennessee" of the future with Uconn. with new hm and hm's with So Carolina and I think A & m? And with our Duke and Stanford games- maybe Muppet thinks she needs to keep the jabs going to help solidify and build our rivalry- just a thought!

Or maybe it's tactical rather than strategic -- winding up her team to put out max effort against the "un-civil (evil) empire" tomorrow...

Geno-ista

Reaction Score
Or maybe it's tactical rather than strategic -- winding up her team to put out max effort against the "un-civil (evil) empire" tomorrow...
Probably does that also- but I just saw Muppets quotes- hatred and she used an exact old Pat Summit quote also- this is a well thought out long term strategy to build and become the long term other Evil Empire- IMO

JRRRJ

Chief Didacticist
Reaction Score
Probably does that also- but I just saw Muppets quotes- hatred and she used an exact old Pat Summit quote also- this is a well thought out long term strategy to build and become the long term other Evil Empire- IMO

Link the quotes, please?

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Muffet is jealous of Uconn's and Geno's successes.

Reaction Score
1. John Altavilla ‏@jaltavilla 44m
Muffet McGraw on when a sense of civility may return to UConn-NDwbb "I think we are past that point." WOW #UConnwomen

Well, so much for taking the high road....
People's ears perk up when you take the low road. Muffet finally gets what Geno's (evil empire, Duke kids work at better restaurants) been doing all these years. The womens game use to be everyone played nice and said nice things, AND NOBODY CARED! Geno, and now Muffett knows if you want somebody to stand up and pay attention to the sport you need to say things that get reporters to think it's interesting. Throw a little grande over the fence, and show some emotion. Male sports are always interesting because somebody will make a wild statement. Richard Sherman of the NFL's Seattle Seahawks went from obscurity to potential endorsement king with 1 interview. The more this turns into a pre-boxing fight press conference the more coverage you'll get. I think they actually really like each other, and who knows they may have even scripted this, but either way people are talking about what they say because it makes the build up to what is know the most anticipated WCBB Championship since the early days of Uconn/TN worth following.

Geno-ista

Reaction Score
People's ears perk up when you take the low road. Muffet finally gets what Geno's (evil empire, Duke kids work at better restaurants) been doing all these years. The womens game use to be everyone played nice and said nice things, AND NOBODY CARED! Geno, and now Muffett knows if you want somebody to stand up and pay attention to the sport you need to say things that get reporters to think it's interesting. Throw a little grande over the fence, and show some emotion. Male sports are always interesting because somebody will make a wild statement. Richard Sherman of the NFL's Seattle Seahawks went from obscurity to potential endorsement king with 1 interview. The more this turns into a pre-boxing fight press conference the more coverage you'll get. I think they actually really like each other, and who knows they may have even scripted this, but either way people are talking about what they say because it makes the build up to what is know the most anticipated WCBB Championship since the early days of Uconn/TN worth following.
I don't think Geno scripted no one on Notre Dame's team not clapping for Stewie when she was awarded POY- except Neil Ivey. Nice gesture for a Catholic school and a team that supposedly prays a lot per Natalie Achonwa. This was pre planned by Muppet not Geno.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Consumed with envy and possessing an overwhelming sense of self importance( sound familiar? PS) this is a graceless, unhappy woman who conceives of the microphones of the NCAA Championship as a bully pulpit for advancing the ridiculous world view that she and her team have been slighted and UConn is at the center of it. Most professionals would say she is exhibiting a psychosis if she keeps it up.

Joobie

Bookie
Reaction Score
So...in summary, while McGraw is concentrating on what uncivil sound byte might be thrown out to the media, Geno will be concentrating on winning a championship. Works for me!

Reaction Score
Consumed with envy and possessing an overwhelming sense of self importance( sound familiar? PS) this is a graceless, unhappy woman who conceives of the microphones of the NCAA Championship as a bully pulpit for advancing the ridiculous world view that she and her team have been slighted and UConn is at the center of it. Most professionals would say she is exhibiting a psychosis if she keeps it up.

True about PS but at least she had multiple championship to back up her "statements" no matter how ridiculous it was

Reaction Score
Funny reaction by Coach McGraw from the ND press conference. As they let the players go and kept
the coach there, she was chatting with the woman who was conducting the press conf and asked her
where she was before. The woman said she was with some school in the A-10, then (or before that)
at Connecticut. The coach reaction was priceless. It is at the 14:20 min mark or so of the replay
in case you want to check it out. I know it may be nothing, but funny regardless.

http://www.ncaa.com/video/playlists/sports/basketball-women/d1

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
I don't think Geno scripted no one on Notre Dame's team not clapping for Stewie when she was awarded POY- except Neil Ivey. Nice gesture for a Catholic school and a team that supposedly prays a lot per Natalie Achonwa. This was pre planned by Muppet not Geno.

Is this true? Don't think our players and staff didn't notice that - esp. Chris Daley. Might be a nice extra motivator (As if they need it)

Reaction Score
Funny reaction by Coach McGraw from the ND press conference. As they let the players go and kept
the coach there, she was chatting with the woman who was conducting the press conf and asked her
where she was before. The woman said she was with some school in the A-10, then (or before that)
at Connecticut. The coach reaction was priceless. It is at the 14:20 min mark or so of the replay
in case you want to check it out. I know it may be nothing, but funny regardless.

That is absolutely hilarious. Priceless. What an anti-Geno, anti-UConn type of reaction. I think she will need counseling if UConn spanks them tomorrow.

Reaction Score
What a b**t wipe she's turning into. Always amazing who pulls the dark side. Muppet wan Kanobe.

Reaction Score

I don't know. It looked to me like she was just looking. Sort of, ohhh. I heard your small talk.

Could be wrong.

After further investigation, yeah, I was wrong.

Last edited:

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Didn't Geno and Muffett used to be friends?

wyo angel

spicy. spunky. sassy. an angel in disguise.
Reaction Score

As I posted on another thread:

I've always thought a coach was more than a person who merely instructs players in the fundamentals of a sport and directs team strategy. I believe a coach is also a mentor, encourager, supporter, inspirer and someone who can build character and confidence in those around him/her. I also believe a coach is the foundation from which good sportsmanship is learned and embraced. Good sportsmanship is learned from coaches who love and respect the sport they coach regardless of whether the player or team they coach wins or loses.
If a technical foul could be given during an awards presentation for unsportsmanlike conduct then Ms. McGraw is definitely deserving of such, IMO. Any college coach who cannot acknowledge and applaud a college athlete for winning POY, regardless of what school he or she plays for, is guilty of unsportsmanlike conduct. Shame on you, Ms. McGraw, for dropping the baton during an impressionable teaching moment for young athletes everywhere.

Reaction Score

What does religious preference and frequency of praying have to do with anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom