Women’s AP All-American Team | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Women’s AP All-American Team

Reaction Score
I think one of the problems with Jones is she doesn’t have a certain position in which she can really focus on. The saying ‘Jack of all trades, master of none’ sort of applies here, imho. She is amazing, don’t get me wrong, and I wouldn’t trade her for anyone else, but perhaps this is the reason she hasn’t increased her numbers significantly. But hey, what do I know?
It’s one thing when it’s not filling the stat sheet exceptionally in any area it’s another thing to not develop skills you need. If Haley had a reliable three she’d be the best player in college basketball this year and Stanford would likely be the best team. It would change her game and Stanford offense completely. It’s a shame really.

Reaction Score
Not exactly.
If you enter an allowance horse in race against low priced claiming horses the allowance horse will win the majority, if not all, of the races. When you enter that same allowance horse in a race against Grade 1 or Grade 2 Stakes winners that horse will lose.

Angel Reese’s scoring average against all “competition” this year: 23.4 ppg
Angel Reese’s scoring against Grade 1 competition: 16 ppg
Angel Reese’s rebounds against all “completion” this year: 15.5 rpg
Angel Reese’s rebounds against Grade 1 completion this year: 4 defensive rebounds (zero offensive rebounds) per game.

South Carolina was the only Graded Stakes winner LSU faced all year.

IMHO her play does not qualify her as a first team All American. Perhaps second team based upon the fact that the voters usually weigh how many points the player scores as the most important metric.

Reese can only play who the team is scheduled to play. Not her fault. The fact that she had a double-double in every game except SC, yes she’s deserving

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I think voters got this right. Edwards is probably the most deserving 3rd team player, but it’s hard to argue she deserves a spot over anyone else who is there. A lot of deserving recipients this season.

RogueDave

Wasn’t Me!
Reaction Score
I will take 3rd team, Lou, Nika and Dorka and give the combined 1st and 2nd all the could handle and then some…

Reaction Score
Aaliyah should have been second team and Brink probably could or should have been 1st team-she is Stanfords best player.

Reaction Score
There is a limit I was just listing the possibilities of who would be in the running.
Twice, UConn had 5 players named by the AP.
2002: Sue Bird (1st), Swin Cash (2nd), Diana Taurasi (2nd), Asjha Jones (3rd), Tamika Williams (HM)
2014: Breanna Stewart (1st), Stefanie Dolson (2nd), Bria Hartley (2nd), Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis (HM), Moriah Jefferson (HM)
UConn had 4 players named in 2001, 2008, 2015, 2017, 2018 and maybe more that I’ve forgotten.

Reaction Score
There are so many great players someone is always left off the list. AE had a great year and her improvement over last year was nothing short of amazing. I love the way she plays the game on both ends and she is so humble. Basketball is a team sport so individual awards are nice but the big prize is what you do as a team. How many of the 15 do you think have a shot at a team trophy?

Reaction Score
Not exactly.
If you enter an allowance horse in race against low priced claiming horses the allowance horse will win the majority, if not all, of the races. When you enter that same allowance horse in a race against Grade 1 or Grade 2 Stakes winners that horse will lose.

Angel Reese’s scoring average against all “competition” this year: 23.4 ppg
Angel Reese’s scoring against Grade 1 competition: 16 ppg
Angel Reese’s rebounds against all “completion” this year: 15.5 rpg
Angel Reese’s rebounds against Grade 1 completion this year: 4 defensive rebounds (zero offensive rebounds) per game.

South Carolina was the only Graded Stakes winner LSU faced all year.

IMHO her play does not qualify her as a first team All American. Perhaps second team based upon the fact that the voters usually weigh how many points the player scores as the most important metric.
Well argued! Bevo Francis averaged 48 points for Rio Grande College , for 2 seasons 1953-54, and was not a first team AA. Anyone remember Bevo?

bbsamjj

Rutgers Rooter
Reaction Score
It’s one thing when it’s not filling the stat sheet exceptionally in any area it’s another thing to not develop skills you need. If Haley had a reliable three she’d be the best player in college basketball this year and Stanford would likely be the best team. It would change her game and Stanford offense completely. It’s a shame really.
It's the same thing that makes her such a "confusing" prospect for the WNBA. What position is she at the next level? Probably a 3, but she needs to really improve that outside shot.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom