Wolf Progression - Game 3 | The Boneyard

Wolf Progression - Game 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
fat-to-fit-before-after-3d-man-weight-loss-success.jpg

That's about it.

Reaction Score
At least he got in shape. Just keep plugging away Enosch. Get stronger. Get better.

Reaction Score
He's obviously not getting much if any time, but as pointed out he's in much better shape and moves well for a kid his size. If he was on a team not nearly as stacked up front as UConn, he'd get some solid PT. He's a legit 7 footer who has some skills and is athletic for his size. Just lacks real game experience.

I don't know if and when he'll get much of a chance at UConn to log solid PT, but he seems to have enough game that if they played him, he'd develop into a good D1 big. He'd certainly make his share of early mistakes, but we've had some projects in the past that looked a lot like him who developed into very good college players.

It's just hard for JC to give him any PT when he's playing behind an NBA lottery pick in AD, a possible NBA first or second round pick in AO and a very good college player who will play professional ball somewhere in TO.

Reaction Score
It's just hard for JC to give him any PT when he's playing behind an NBA lottery pick in AD, a possible NBA first or second round pick in AO and a very good college player who will play professional ball somewhere in TO.

AD was pulled with less than 30 secs left in a blowout. Wolf and the backup PG could have gotten a couple of minutes. I was dissapointed that the walk on did not get more PT since he's all we got for now.

I know Jim ain't changing but its still my pet peeve about him (i.e. pulling starters so late).

Reaction Score
JC is trying to use as much real game PT to develop the team. He's not just rolling the ball out there and saying, play. He's getting them to execute what they need to do to beat the better teams that are coming up soon.

As for Allen, JC apparently knew or believed that RB would back soon and solve their PG issues. If that wasn't the case, he probably would have played Allen more. Since RB will be back in 3 games and Allen won't be needed to fill the void, it makes sense for JC to give the PT to the other players who he'll end up playing at the guard positions to get them as ready as possible.

Reaction Score
I really believe Enosch is doing himself a disservice by not using a RS this season.

By working his butt off in practice, developing under AD, AO, and TO, he will have an extra year to get better and have, hopefully, 3 years to be better and a productive member of the team.

With all mentioned above + Roscoe and Bradley, we are plenty deep that he will never really play this year.

In addition, it will allow him to stay where he needs to be in the classroom.

This will position him to best become the best player at UConn and possibly the future with more development time. He surely is not ready now.

Reaction Score
Despite EW's apparent rough edges in ability at this stage of the game, he should/will get sufficient polishing in the 3 years remaining to play professional bb someplace. Quite probably he may get a nod from the NBA to backup a #5. I agree that another year as a RS would probably pay Enosch great dividends, but I'm not worried about his future livlihood. Remember the old adage ... you can't teach 7 ft.

Reaction Score
AD was pulled with less than 30 secs left in a blowout. Wolf and the backup PG could have gotten a couple of minutes. I was dissapointed that the walk on did not get more PT since he's all we got for now.

I know Jim ain't changing but its still my pet peeve about him (i.e. pulling starters so late).

I disagree somewhat, at least in this case. Facts are that when we get to the tougher part of the schedule, guys like Allen and Wolf are likely to be nowhere near the rotation with Boatright now coming back. You would like to get those guys some time, but with it being so early in the season, every minute of court time together is valuble as they learn to play together without Kemba.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
As for Allen, JC apparently knew or believed that RB would back soon and solve their PG issues. If that wasn't the case, he probably would have played Allen more. Since RB will be back in 3 games and Allen won't be needed to fill the void, it makes sense for JC to give the PT to the other players who he'll end up playing at the guard positions to get them as ready as possible.

Not sure about that. Come later in the season, if Boat or Bazz gets in foul trouble, BA isn't going to be entering the game all of a sudden. It's going to be the lineup(s) you saw these past couple weeks. So why not play them now?

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score

I agree. Lamb was in the gave very late, well past the time the game was in any doubt. He could have given Allen, Wolf, Niels, and Roscoe some more time, in addition to the walk-ons. JC will do as he wants....maybe he'd rather get Lamb and Drummond more success experiences at this time of the year, but seems like Allen really needs some playing time. If Bazz or Lamb gets hurt, we are in deep doo doo.

Reaction Score
but seems like Allen really needs some playing time. If Bazz or Lamb gets hurt, we are in deep doo doo.
We're playing for the title. If Bazz or Lamb get hurt, we're not winning the title, regardless of Allen, so what would be the point of developing him at the possible cost of chemistry, Bazz/Lamb development, and so on.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
We're playing for the title. If Bazz or Lamb get hurt, we're not winning the title, regardless of Allen, so what would be the point of developing him at the possible cost of chemistry, Bazz/Lamb development, and so on.
If Lamb is out with, lets say an ankle sprain, Allen could be the difference between a win or two if he could fill in acceptably. He may need to buy time for Bazz or Lamb to get back. Right now, we could need him to help handle pressure if Lamb is out or not 100% and if Bazz can't play the whole game. I don't see how his playing some minutes would in any way impact chemistry and playing our 2 guards too many minutes could expose them to injury if overly fatigued.

Reaction Score
If Lamb is out with, lets say an ankle sprain, Allen could be the difference between a win or two if he could fill in acceptably. He may need to buy time for Bazz or Lamb to get back. Right now, we could need him to help handle pressure if Lamb is out or not 100% and if Bazz can't play the whole game. I don't see how his playing some minutes would in any way impact chemistry and playing our 2 guards too many minutes could expose them to injury if overly fatigued.
You make a good point. I was being a bit tongue-in-cheek. Clearly, giving Allen a few minutes a game should not affect everybody else.
That said, I'll stick to my guns.
I think JC has figured that Allen is immaterial to a NC run. Shabazz/Lamb/Boat - there are your ballhandlers. If needed, DD or Giffey could spot in at the 2.

Not saying that's the case - just a theory. It's tough to explain why he wouldn't have gotten more minutes with Boat out if this was not JC's thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom