Woj: Michigan's John Beilein to the Cleveland Cavs | The Boneyard

Woj: Michigan's John Beilein to the Cleveland Cavs

Reaction Score
any players to keep an eye out for?
Maybe not on Michigan (although I think they were a contender for Bones), but will be interesting to watch the coaching carousel and see who shakes loose this time around.

Reaction Score
Ouch. Very late to replace a coach. Wonder who they target.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Ouch. Very late to replace a coach. Wonder who they target.

If the thunder do let Donovan go, that would be my bet.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Maybe not on Michigan (although I think they were a contender for Bones), but will be interesting to watch the coaching carousel and see who shakes loose this time around.

Whatever coach they poach if it is from within the NCAA ranks I'm going to feel quite bad for that school.

polycom

Reaction Score
Should we start predicting which school Beilein will be coaching in 3 years? Or will he just retire after Cleveland fires him?

I'm voting that he took this massive contract from the cavs to get fired and retire, nothing else makes much sense.

polycom

Reaction Score
How is a mid 60 year old VERY successful college coach going to relate to mid 20s millionaires?

He was making 3.37M a year from Michigan last season if Cavs paid him 6M it wouldn't be shocking but uh the Cavs suck, how is he going to win.

the Q

Reaction Score
He was making 3.37M a year from Michigan last season if Cavs paid him 6M it wouldn't be shocking but uh the Cavs suck, how is he going to win.

Having a good gm would help.

The Cavs are gonna need some lottery luck too.

Reaction Score
Can Jim Calhoun be bought from St Joes? :D

Amazing a guy who I would think is stamped as a very good college coach but would never be on an NBA radar based on who he is, and he takes off. Some people can never make enough money I think polycom has it right above, why else?

the Q

Reaction Score
Can Jim Calhoun be bought from St Joes? :D

Amazing a guy who I would think is stamped as a very good college coach but would never be on an NBA radar based on who he is, and he takes off. Some people can never make enough money I think polycom has it right above, why else?

He’s 60. Why not give it a shot for double your pay? At least he’ll have given it a shot.

He’s made 2 finals in college, he can always get another P5 job if this goes poorly.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom