WNBA transactions | Page 3 | The Boneyard

WNBA transactions

Reaction Score
Now they just need to start playing. Prime time daily 3 games a day. 6 pm eastern, 8 pm eastern ,10 pm eastern. 6 teams play, 6 get a day off. 3 games a week, one 2 day break. Switch teams around. They would rake the TV money in. Now pick a location and roll.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Now they just need to start playing. Prime time daily 3 games a day. 6 pm eastern, 8 pm eastern ,10 pm eastern. 6 teams play, 6 get a day off. 3 games a week, one 2 day break. Switch teams around. They would rake the TV money in. Now pick a location and roll.

Pretty good plan.

I guess venue should be picked by looking for urban centers with minimal Covid19 infection rates.

This article has the data . San Antonio or Portland sounds optimal

1590628180183.png

Reaction Score
The teams should probably try to practice first. Zoom team meetings likely don't prepare the 12 teams for quality competitive play.

I agree that us fans want fresh content to watch as soon as possible, but the WNBA has lots to get worked out re: protocols for testing and removing a player(s) from competition once an active infection is identified. And that inevitably will happen.

Perhaps players (the total was 18 the last time I saw the growing list) who have been suspended by their respective teams may actually get a shot to play in 2020 if the rosters take a hit due to more positive tests. Current rules call for the suspended players to sit out the entire season. Or, waived players may get their shots sooner rather than later if depleted rosters need some help.

The WNBA won't know until it tries to open. Should the NBA start up again as anticipated in July, the WNBA will follow.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Tampa, that way the players can get a decent night's sleep even with a late game.

Reaction Score
Once again. The W needs to stop taking a backseat to everyone else. If I was a player or coach, I would care less what the NBA does. The W needs TV and less competition for viewers.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Once again. The W needs to stop taking a backseat to everyone else. If I was a player or coach, I would care less what the NBA does. The W needs TV and less competition for viewers.

I think the NBA and WNBA will be active in the same time window July-Sept as they try to squeeze things in before the feared second wave. We will be small guppies in the tsunami of the NBA playoffs

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom