WNBA Thread - Post Olympics | Page 6 | The Boneyard

WNBA Thread - Post Olympics

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
I don't know if rosters are accurate, but Prince is listed as 1 inch shorter and 30 lbs. heavier than Loyd. She ain't that small. I still don't get it though. Are you saying 3 guard lineup? Or she's going to take Prince's minutes? Or Prince will play PG and she'll take Canada's minutes?

This is a solution to a problem that doesn't exist. We all know Canada can't shoot 3's, but Karlie isn't a PG. Looking at stats, Loyd, Stewie, Bird, KLS, Talbot, Prince, and even Burke and Magbegor in limited attempts can all hit the 3. There is not a lack of 3 point shooting on this team. Prince and Talbot have the top 2 3 point shooting % on the team excluding Ezi, who has probably only taken a few--48.6 and 46.8. There's not a glaring need for a shooter on the bench.

Ezi is the only backup post player. I don't even count Burdick. If Seattle was gonna sign another player, it needed to be a 4/5, not a 2/3.
I might have tried to get Alana Smith on Phoenix. She is wasting away on the bench. She is fine as a 3rd stringer to give you minutes. The other player I would try and get, in the off season, is Bella Alarie on Dallas. She played great, under a "team" structure with Avenida in Spain last year. With a much more structured system, as both the Storm and Avenida play, she would be fine.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I might have tried to get Alana Smith on Phoenix. She is wasting away on the bench. She is fine as a 3rd stringer to give you minutes. The other player I would try and get, in the off season, is Bella Alarie on Dallas. She played great, under a "team" structure with Avenida in Spain last year. With a much more structured system, as both the Storm and Avenida play, she would be fine.
Poor Alana, Brondello won't play her w/ Phoenix or the Aussie National Team.

I've liked what I've seen of Alarie. Not a big scorer but a solid defender and rebounder.

A person I'm wondering about is Marie Gulich. She never stuck, 3 teams in 3 seasons. Couldn't get off the bench w/ the Merc (like Smith), but I saw some solid performances from her with Atlanta and LA.

Kalani Brown got waived earlier this year and was never picked up. She had her moments w/ the Sparks.

Like I said, Burdick absolutely cannot be the best (or only) option there was to pick up a big to round out the roster.

Oh, another one--Kristine Anigwe was waived in late June, I can't find anything about her being picked up. Again, better than Burdick. Sometimes the Storm's front office just makes mind boggling decisions. Like signing Dupree for a boatload of money. And then having no plan when they cut her.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I completely forgot about Kiana Williams. Looks like her contract expired and they didn't resign her. She wasn't providing anything, so no loss. I guess Karlie gets her minutes...which were minuscule.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Poor Alana, Brondello won't play her w/ Phoenix or the Aussie National Team.

I've liked what I've seen of Alarie. Not a big scorer but a solid defender and rebounder.

A person I'm wondering about is Marie Gulich. She never stuck, 3 teams in 3 seasons. Couldn't get off the bench w/ the Merc (like Smith), but I saw some solid performances from her with Atlanta and LA.

Kalani Brown got waived earlier this year and was never picked up. She had her moments w/ the Sparks.

Like I said, Burdick absolutely cannot be the best (or only) option there was to pick up a big to round out the roster.

Oh, another one--Kristine Anigwe was waived in late June, I can't find anything about her being picked up. Again, better than Burdick. Sometimes the Storm's front office just makes mind boggling decisions. Like signing Dupree for a boatload of money. And then having no plan when they cut her.
Gulich played solid ball in Spain last season with Valencia(who Lou's and Karlies team beat in the finals in Spain)
Em Hof, who played at Univ of Miami, and is a teammate of KLS on Avenida, is also a solid "4" player.
The player I want the Storm to trade for in the off season is Maite Cazorla. Storm will need a good pg and she has got better every season.

Reaction Score
I don't know if rosters are accurate, but Prince is listed as 1 inch shorter and 30 lbs. heavier than Loyd. She ain't that small. I still don't get it though. Are you saying 3 guard lineup? Or she's going to take Prince's minutes? Or Prince will play PG and she'll take Canada's minutes?

This is a solution to a problem that doesn't exist. We all know Canada can't shoot 3's, but Karlie isn't a PG. Looking at stats, Loyd, Stewie, Bird, KLS, Talbot, Prince, and even Burke and Magbegor in limited attempts can all hit the 3. There is not a lack of 3 point shooting on this team. Prince and Talbot have the top 2 3 point shooting % on the team excluding Ezi, who has probably only taken a few--48.6 and 46.8. There's not a glaring need for a shooter on the bench.

Ezi is the only backup post player. I don't even count Burdick. If Seattle was gonna sign another player, it needed to be a 4/5, not a 2/3.
Actually would have liked them to sign Mack who Minnesota released. Ezi is really more of a 4 than a five.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Actually would have liked them to sign Mack who Minnesota released. Ezi is really more of a 4 than a five.
See how easy this is? This could turn into a new game, name a front court player the Storm could've signed who is better than Burdick. :rolleyes:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Fun Fact 2--about FG% on the Storm
Of the current starters for the Storm---> Stewie, Bird, Russell, Loyd and KLS, here are the current FG%--taken from "Her Hoops Stats" as of today.

Overall
Russell 59.6%
KLS 46.3%
Bird 45.1%
Stewie 44.4%
Loyd 42.8%

2pt FG%
Russell 59.6%
KLS 57.1%
Bird 50.0%
Stewie 49%
Loyd 45.9%

3Pt FG%
Russell 0%---> has not taken a 3 pt shot this season
KLS 34.5%
Bird 42.5%
Stewie 35.7%
Loyd 38.0%

I wonder how many knew that Lou is second on the Storm, for starters, in overall and 2 pt FG%.

Off the bench Talbot @ 49.5% and Magbegor @50.4% both have solid overall FG%
I love seeing KLS on the defensive side of the ball. Her positional defense is always very good. I wonder how she does drawing offensive fouls stat wise in comparison to the team ??

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
I love seeing KLS on the defensive side of the ball. Her positional defense is always very good. I wonder how she does drawing offensive fouls stat wise in comparison to the team ??
They keep that stat, drawing fouls in Europe. Not sure if is kept in WNBA. Will see if I can find it.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Any reason all 4 games tonight are at 7PM? :confused::confused:
They could have made one of the east coast games at 6pm, then 2 games at 7pm, or 7pm and 7.30pm, and the Lynx game at 8pm.
Poor job of scheduling, IMO

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Not sure what's going on. I can't stream any of the games that are on ESPN3. They should be available for me, but it's not working.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
U
Not sure what's going on. I can't stream any of the games that are on ESPN3. They should be available for me, but it's not working.
Tested the Aces / CN game. I get it

By the way, no Tina Charles?

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
U

Tested the Aces / CN game. I get it

By the way, no Tina Charles?
ESPN doesn't like me. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I can't find any info, but she's not even listed in the box score, so it must've been known before the game she wouldn't be available.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
ESPN doesn't like me. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I can't find any info, but she's not even listed in the box score, so it must've been known before the game she wouldn't be available.
Without Tina, Mystics up 36-12 on LA. My Liberty lost to them. :mad:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Seattle chipping away. Down only by one. Lou with a big 3pt shot. This one looks like it goes down to the buzzer

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Seattle chipping away. Down only by one. Lou with a big 3pt shot. This one looks like it goes down to the buzzer
Too much Big Syl. They have no answer. The rest of the Lynx have been fairly pedestrian.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Taking games off didn't do Stewie any favors. 12-41 shooting the last 2 games. That's not gonna get it done.

Such an uphill battle. Storm got to within 1 several times, but it was a real struggle, and then Minnesota always responded w/ a run.

Not particularly good games for any of the Storm starters. Bench brought some energy, but not a whole lot of scoring.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
But hey, at least Stewie isn't shooting as poorly as A'ja--1-15 tonight. Ouch. Sun winning handily against the Aces, and will now be all alone in first place.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
76-70 final, Lynx snap a long losing streak against Seattle.

I'm gonna be fairly surprised if the Storm repeat as Champs. Just doesn't look like they have what it takes this year.

Collier did what she's been doing lately, wasn't having a very good game but then hit some big buckets late to seal the win.

Syl w/ 29 pts/20 rebs/4 steals/3 blocks...and no fouls. Which is ridiculous because I saw several times she knocked a Seattle player to the floor, but she's foul proof at home apparently.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Sky was up big early, let Atlanta back in it but avoided the embarrassment of losing to the hapless dream. Quigley w/ 21, Parker 18/9, Sloot 12/10.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
A score that truly is not indicative of the game. Mystics were up by 35 or so, final margin only 10. Starters got plenty of rest. Looks like EDD and Hines-Allen went off early and then hardly played in the 2nd half.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Sun beat Aces by 14.

Was the Commissioner's Cup game a complete apparition? Hard to give much credence to the result at this point. Connecticut and Seattle going in opposite directions since then.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom