WNBA Thread - Post Olympics | Page 30 | The Boneyard

WNBA Thread - Post Olympics

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Williams stays hot, has a game high 24. After a quiet 1st half, Plum got going in Q3 w/ 12 of her 17. Aces up 10 going into the last quarter. Gray double-double 13/10.

Taurasi w/ 16, Griner 14.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Plum w/ a little flip up and over Griner. She's scored 14 of the last 17 for the Aces.

Reaction Score
It's certainly looking like time for Diana to hang em up. She seems to get injured 4x per game, and it's not even the same injury. She is my all time favorite player, but she really is a shell of what she used to be. Nothing to add defensively, and shoots a high volume of threes at a relatively low percentage. The more I watch and think about her injury history the last few years, I think the jersey exchange was more to honor their last matchup before Diana retires.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Jeez, abut the last 8 fouls have gone in Phoenix's favor. Nice job getting them back in the game refs.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Wilson getting involved the last couple minutes. Lead was down to 3, now pushed back to 10.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Plum has challenged Griner several times on the drive. If you can figure out a way to get a shot off over her, you can do it against anybody.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Jeez Wilson 1-5 from the FT line? Isn't she an 80%+ shooter?

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
96-90 final.

Where was SDS? Taurasi did her part and Nurse had a solid game, but overall they got severely outplayed by the Aces' guards.

Williams game high 26, Plum 25, Gray 17 and 12 assists. Wilson 15 pts/9 reb.

Griner 24, Taurasi 20.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
It seems like while Cambage was out w/ Covid protocol, a flip got switched and the Aces really went to a perimeter oriented attack. Plum and Williams both ended the season on fire, and continued that tonight.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The Sun looked like crap last night, let's hope it was just rust. The MVP needs to play with interest for more than a half.

Reaction Score
That Aces atmosphere and crowd looked and sounded pretty great on TV. The crowd seemed engaged and loud the whole game. A few professional athletes showing their support courtside. Hopefully this type of energy can be maintained and replicated throughout the league.

On a side note, these playoffs have been great so far, with competitive games each night.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
I recorded the games and watched the Sun-Sky game (very) early this morning.
Some takeaways.
  • Sloot. Sloot. Sloot. Yes, she didn't shoot particularly well from the field or line, but that's probably because she played the most minutes of the Sky and had the ball in her hands when it mattered. Her ability to keep control of the ball while consistently looking to penetrate an opponent's defense is perhaps her greatest attribute; followed closely by the accurate pass that comes once she figures out who is open. Remarkable display. That was a PG graduate school class out there.
  • All power to Chitown's bigs. I know pick and roll and weakside cuts are bball 101's, but all of Chicago's bigs cut to the hoop in a directed manner. And received the ball from Sloot for a layup. Once again, training camp stuff for young PG's and bigs, but so gratifying to see on display.
  • Semi-agree that Game 1 time could catch up to the Sky, particularly Parker. Has Ruthy H. regressed to the point of not being able to give 5-10 minutes?
  • We'll now see if the Sun has shaken the rust out
  • Really intense, entertaining game. Bring on the next one!

Last edited:

undersized

Iowa/Indiana/Big Ten Fan
Reaction Score
Plum finally officially named 6th Player of the Year today. Not sure why this announcement came so long after the others.
They've been staggering the announcements. DPOY and the All-Defense team were first. ROY and All-Rookie team still yet to be officially named. Plus Sportsmanship award and some other minor things.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Azure with a stud start and Candace not to bad. CT looks like they have never played together? 9-0 deficit

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Dana Evans has been a disaster in the playoffs. Chicago falls apart every time Sloot goes to the bench. At this point I think they should try Brown instead of Evans. Sloot can't play 40 min/game, but they can't afford these terrible stretches they've been having.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Azure with a stud start and Candace not to bad. CT looks like they have never played together? 9-0 deficit
She got limited minutes in game 1, and after the good start has been out for a quite a while tonight. What am I missing? She seems fairly effective to me.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom