WNBA Rookies todate | The Boneyard

WNBA Rookies todate

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
22 rookies made teams this season? Is that some kind of record? I've seen classes where just a few end up making it. I'm sure some will be cut next year, but 22 is a LOT!

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
22 rookies made teams this season? Is that some kind of record? I've seen classes where just a few end up making it. I'm sure some will be cut next year, but 22 is a LOT!

21 draftees have appeared so far this season, with Kiara Leslie (Washington) and Bridget Carleton (Connecticut) on rosters have not yet played in regular season games. This is pretty much in line with recent seasons, in terms of appearances by rookies (stats and information courtesy of pilight):

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Napheesa looks great so far, and she's playing a lot on a pretty good team.

But let's wait till half way through the season before anointing her rookie of the year. Durr and Arike are the darlings of the press, so if one of them plays half as well as Pheesa, beware.

Reaction Score
Napheesa looks great so far, and she's playing a lot on a pretty good team.

But let's wait till half way through the season before anointing her rookie of the year. Durr and Arike are the darlings of the press, so if one of them plays half as well as Pheesa, beware.
Yes let's wait but her real competition is Shepard not Durr or Ogumbawele.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Phee is the early leader, but there is a lot of basketball yet to be played. Phee’s stats will depend on whether she continues to start, or Christmas-Kelly grabs that spot.

If Phee does win ROY, the person most responsible other than Phee herself may be Maya Moore.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Storm signed Blake Dietrick when they waived Howard, so they aren't currently shopping for a backup PG.

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
Maybe I am bias, but I am loving what Napheesa is doing in the WNBA. She isn't playing like a Rookie. If the vote for "Rookie of the year" was today, Napheesa would definitely get my vote. Napheesa is a special, and amazing player.

Reaction Score
Can someone fill me in on Ezi Magbegor? She signed with Seattle and I can find no
word on her being waived or traded, but she is not on the Seattle roster. Is there some
sort of limbo that signed players can be dumped into so as not to count against the
roster limit?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Can someone fill me in on Ezi Magbegor? She signed with Seattle and I can find no
word on her being waived or traded, but she is not on the Seattle roster. Is there some
sort of limbo that signed players can be dumped into so as not to count against the
roster limit?
When Seattle drafted Magbegor 12th overall in the 1st round it was with the understanding that she would remain overseas this year, joining Seattle in 2020.

Reaction Score
When Seattle drafted Magbegor 12th overall in the 1st round it was with the understanding that she would remain overseas this year, joining Seattle in 2020.

Thank you.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Dallas discard Kennedy Burke in a losing effort (although they cut a 28pt deficit to 7pts) had a fantastic game. 7-8 shooting and 4-4 from 3pt land. I thought she could not shoot the 3 from UCLA days? Dallas must be the most incompetent team in the league and that is saying alot.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Glad to see Kennedy Burke was picked up after she was cut by Dallas. I thought she looked pro ready this last season.

She looked awfully "pro ready" to a lot of people in the Phoenix vs. Indiana game. While the Fever fell behind early, they came back from oblivion, largely behind Burke's 7 for 8 shooting and 18 points. She has now scored 7, 5 and 18 points in the three games she's been with the Fever. With Victoria Vivians out for the year, she's going to have a tremendous opportunity. I've just got to wonder what Dallas front office and coaching staff were thinking when they let her go....

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Dallas discard Kennedy Burke in a losing effort (although they cut a 28pt deficit to 7pts) had a fantastic game. 7-8 shooting and 4-4 from 3pt land. I thought she could not shoot the 3 from UCLA days? Dallas must be the most incompetent team in the league and that is saying alot.

Hah. You and I were were watching the same game and thinking the same thought. Owe me a beer (or cola, depending on preference ;) ) I not only liked her shooting, btw, but the way she seemed to be in the right place at right time.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
With Victoria Vivians out for the year,

Wow, I missed that. So many players out this year. Kind of like the last college basketball season. Anyway glad to see Burke is making the most of the opportunity.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom