WNBA Rookies todate | Page 2 | The Boneyard

WNBA Rookies todate

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I thought she could not shoot the 3 from UCLA days?

I thought she was a decent shooter as a Sr. but looking up her stats she was never prolific behind the arc. Just under 30% for her career and a bit less than 1 made 3 per game. And definitely not a significant uptick as a Sr.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Dallas discard Kennedy Burke in a losing effort (although they cut a 28pt deficit to 7pts) had a fantastic game. 7-8 shooting and 4-4 from 3pt land. I thought she could not shoot the 3 from UCLA days? Dallas must be the most incompetent team in the league and that is saying alot.

I'm glad for her and that she validated my disgust back when she was cut:

Waiving Burke was a mistake - she has a ton of upside and already demonstrated that in the three pre-season games. I'm beginning to think Dallas doesn't know what they're doing, because it's not like they had a stacked roster to begin with.

Onyenwere got all the hype at UCLA last season, but I always thought Burke was at least as good. Burke is very versatile and can do a lot of things well, but UCLA is size challenged and has several very good outside shooters (Corsaro and Dean), so I think Burke was mostly asked to work in the paint, but she has a well rounded game and also plays very good defense.

I will say this though: the box score +/-s often don't add up. Apparently Burke was +4 while going 7-8, 4-4 treys, and 18 points (and leading the team back from oblivion), while Erica McCall, a Stanford alum and backup forward, went 0-5 but was +19 in her 13 minutes on the floor. Go figure...

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I will say this though: the box score +/-s often don't add up. Apparently Burke was +4 while going 7-8, 4-4 treys, and 18 points (and leading the team back from oblivion), while Erica McCall, a Stanford alum and backup forward, went 0-5 but was +19 in her 13 minutes on the floor. Go figure...

Yeah, I've been skeptical of +/- for a while. Maybe over the course of a season it has some value but for any one game it's fairly useless. There are too many factors and +/- is too simplistic.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I've been skeptical of +/- for a while. Maybe over the course of a season it has some value but for any one game it's fairly useless. There are too many factors and +/- is too simplistic.
Sometimes +- has little to do with the player themselves as it does with who they are on the floor with and against. If the players they are on the floor with hit a cold spell or the opposition gets hot, their +- might suffer even if they play really well.

Dallas is incompetent. They could have had Vadeeva, a 7th this season and a late first next, as part of the Cambage trade. Just look what they ended up with now. Their latest moves just solidify that perspective.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Here is the WNBA.com rookie filtered (by ppg) stats for 2019.

Other filters can be used besides ppg.

Season Leaders

At the moment, Napheesa is blowing away the field

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Glad to see Kennedy Burke was picked up after she was cut by Dallas. I thought she looked pro ready this last season.
You should be a consultant to Dallas. They need someone who can recognize talent.
Kennedy Burke

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom