WNBA League Pass | The Boneyard

WNBA League Pass

Reaction Score
Does anyone why the WNBA League pass is not available for purchase for the 2018 season? I read only ESPN, NBA tv and Twitter will broadcast games. If that happens then most fans will not be able the watch there teams games for the entire season. If anyone has more info please share.

Reaction Score
It’s available.
https://leaguepass.wnba.com/

You should be able to watch all games live on it except ESPN(2) games and games on your local regional broadcasters, like Fox Sports North, for instance.

Reaction Score
It’s available.
https://leaguepass.wnba.com/

You should be able to watch all games live on it except ESPN(2) games and games on your local regional broadcasters, like Fox Sports North, for instance.
But it says there are no packages available to purchase. Last year I paid $14.99 for the early bird purchase.

Reaction Score
But it says there are no packages available to purchase. Last year I paid $14.99 for the early bird purchase.

Try logging into your account. No packages are available for those not logged in.

Reaction Score
Try logging into your account. No packages are available for those not logged in.

I logged in and 3 exihibition are listed. But what is really strange is i emailed WNBA League pass and they said there was no packages to buy at this time and to check back . So the WNBA league office has no clue that they are streaming the games listed?

Reaction Score
I logged in and 3 exihibition are listed. But what is really strange is i emailed WNBA League pass and they said there was no packages to buy at this time and to check back . So the WNBA league office has no clue that they are streaming the games listed?
The WNBA makes it so hard to follow their league. I'm almost fed up with it.

Reaction Score
I just went through the process and don't know if I renewed my subscription or not? Nothing came up saying I renewed!
I checked the box that said OPT-IN TO YOUR WNBA SEASON PASS 2018 SUBSCRIPTION NOW----UPDATE/ I clicked on UPDATE and nothing happened!
Plus usually when you sign up early there's a PROMOTION CODE to get a discount rate but no where is a code listed though there's a box to fill one in?
I agree with Trappa above, why does the WNBA make everything so difficult to be a fan?

Reaction Score
I just went through the process and don't know if I renewed my subscription or not? Nothing came up saying I renewed!
I checked the box that said OPT-IN TO YOUR WNBA SEASON PASS 2018 SUBSCRIPTION NOW----UPDATE/ I clicked on UPDATE and nothing happened!
Plus usually when you sign up early there's a PROMOTION CODE to get a discount rate but no where is a code listed though there's a box to fill one in?
I agree with Trappa above, why does the WNBA make everything so difficult to be a fan?

Most likely you won’t get billed until your “Access through” date expires.

I don’t understand people who want to sign up early. Usually any promo codes show up right before the season starts. Just buy it when you see a promo offer or right when you use it for the first time in the season. The first game isn’t until May 18.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Most likely you won’t get billed until your “Access through” date expires.

I don’t understand people who want to sign up early. Usually any promo codes show up right before the season starts. Just buy it when you see a promo offer or right when you use it for the first time in the season. The first game isn’t until May 18.
and they'll pay you back the $2.00 discount code later if you contact them for it

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
In years past, there has been an option for folks to sign up or renew their subscription. It appears that they have not opened this year's subscription portal yet. I'm not aware of the news that rt bb fan reports that the games will only be shown on 3 different electronic outlets. If so, maybe the "Season Pass" option will not be available this season.

The regular season begins on May 18. If they are going to make games available via league Pass, they are going to have to begin selling subscriptions (I would think) at least a week before the season begins. I agree with Trappa. The WNBA is not very accommodating to it's fan base. The WNBA is always crying about the lack of fan interest, and wanting to increase attendance and general overall interest in the league.

When you access the league pass website, it says there are no packages available for purchase, and leaves us hanging. In that case, it would be nice if they also stated exactly where and how games can be viewed. If league pass is going to be made available in the next week or two, it should say so.

As yet, I have not read any information regarding games being shown on other sites or outlets. Their promotions department is doing a lousy job of keeping fans informed of any new television arrangements (if any), and marketing their product for 2018. How hard would it be to put that information on the league pass main page, where fans that want to see the games will go to subscribe? As of this writing, we have no idea what's going on. :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
If i knew how to paste I could send article. Apparently this is WNBA National Tv coverage, 30 games on ESPN, with additional NBA tv and twitter games release dates at a later time. But the Seattle Storm just announced there coverage of games on tv and they mentioned games on WNBA League Pass.

Reaction Score
If you log in and go to the calendar it shows games (example below: 2 games on 5/24). I'd assume that means they will be available and they're just late offering the subscription.

upload_2018-5-2_8-50-22.png

Reaction Score
I received the following in an email on April 6th:

The WNBA season is around the corner, and we don't want you to miss a minute of the action. This year, Maya Moore and the Minnesota Lynx compete for a record-breaking 5th WNBA title, but they aren't without their challengers.

The Los Angeles Sparks, runners up last season, added veteran point guard Cappie Pondexter to a team poised to contend for another championship. Breakout star Jonquel Jones seeks to lead the resurgent Connecticut Sun to the Playoffs for the second year in a row. And the future looks bright in Las Vegas, with legendary coach Bill Laimbeer aiming to shape the league's newest team, the Las Vegas Aces, into one of its fiercest. With these storylines and more, this year looks to be one of the league's best.

To ensure you don't miss a beat, we're auto-renewing your WNBA League Pass subscription.

Your WNBA LEAGUE PASS subscription will renew for the 2018 season on May 7, 2018 with no action required by you. The billing information on file will be charged $16.99 at that time. To update your billing information, or to cancel prior to this date, visit leaguepass.wnba.com and sign in to your account.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score

The WNBA season is around the corner, and we don't want you to miss a minute of the action. This year, Maya Moore and the Minnesota Lynx compete for a record-breaking 5th WNBA title, but they aren't without their challengers.

The Los Angeles Sparks, runners up last season, added veteran point guard Cappie Pondexter to a team poised to contend for another championship. Breakout star Jonquel Jones seeks to lead the resurgent Connecticut Sun to the Playoffs for the second year in a row. And the future looks bright in Las Vegas, with legendary coach Bill Laimbeer aiming to shape the league's newest team, the Las Vegas Aces, into one of its fiercest. With these storylines and more, this year looks to be one of the league's best.

To ensure you don't miss a beat, we're auto-renewing your WNBA League Pass subscription.

Your WNBA LEAGUE PASS subscription will renew for the 2018 season on May 7, 2018 with no action required by you. The billing information on file will be charged $16.99 at that time. To update your billing information, or to cancel prior to this date, visit leaguepass.wnba.com and sign in to your account.

same for moi - I will look for the auto-renew to hit my account on May 7 or shortly thereafter

Everyone will have their own opinion (of course) but I think $16.99 is a great deal.

Who knows, we may get treated to some more performances like this one(!) ---- make sure to watch to the end, and check out the reaction from the coaches and bench players at the buzzer! Super MJ !

Last edited:
Reaction Score

TY for the info. I have to go back and check my email and see if received that email. Also I emailed WNBA League Pass, how come they did not tell me about the auto renewal. Bunch of idiots.

Reaction Score

I checked my spam, trash and email and did not receive email stating my WNBA League Pass subscription will be auto renewed.

Reaction Score
I guess if I get ESPN, I don't need League Pass? rt bb fan mentioned ESPN= 30 games. Schedule approx 34 games.

Reaction Score
Shades, I wasn't thinking. If I want to watch the Liberty games, ESPN may only broadcast five of their games. Need League Pass for the other 29 games.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
same for moi - I will look for the auto-renew to hit my account on May 7 or shortly thereafter

Everyone will have their own opinion (of course) but I think $16.99 is a great deal.

Who knows, we may get treated to some more performances like this one(!) ---- make sure to watch to the end, and check out the reaction from the coaches and bench players at the buzzer! Super MJ !

great video of Moriah

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
great video of Moriah

New avatar, DC ? When did you switch? I think for a long time you had Tiff throwing dueces - I loved that pic :D Am I remembering correctly?

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
I would also suggest the free WNBA app on your mobile device as a supplement to LeaguePass.

I agree that LeaguePass has significant customer relations/communications issues. I hate auto-renewal schemes and despite my repeated communications I found that they were unwilling to allow opt outs. Based on the thread above, maybe that has changed.
EDIT: I checked my account, there is now an opt out selection available. Maybe I wasn't the only one who complained about this. :)

Despite that, It is a great deal if you follow the W, a single team, or individual players.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Auto-renewal is new for this season.

So if you had League Pass last year and you don’t want to be billed for it this year, that’s something you should look into because they automatically sign you up for it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom