Votes: 9 90.0%
  • Parker and the Sky

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I saw the score go by on the ticker. What on earth happened to the Mercury? 36-point loss. OUCH!
DT and Skylar struggled. Griner got off to a slow start and by the time she got into a groove Phoenix was already down 20+.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Also, Phoenix needs to figure out how to get a little more production from the PF spot in the half-court. Chicago's length is bothering Turner and Vaughn is really struggling to make the mid-range shots she's made consistently throughout her career.

I watched Vaughn airmail two straight mid-range jumpers and thought of this comment. And then thought about it some more when Brondello raised the red flag, took out Turner and put in Alanna Smith.

Up to now, while Phoenix has not expected that much from the PF position in terms of points, at least Turner was giving just above season averages. Not so last night and it's clear that if the Sky go after Griner, DT and SD-S, someone's gonna have to help out. Obviously didn't happen with the PF or SF, for that matter, slots.

Copper has one of quicker one-to-three steps I've seen in awhile, which make her oh-so-difficult. Now that she's picked up a decent mid-range pull-up, even harder. Might try to keep her from the baseline and force her inside, where she can run into Griner or Turner. If that even works....

Like you also said: a lot of weapons on Chicago.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I saw the score go by on the ticker. What on earth happened to the Mercury? 36-point loss. OUCH!
Lost Kia Nurse to an ACL injury in the Vegas series. That alone is probably too much to overcome. It wasn't a deep team to begin with.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I think she should hunt her shot when she's playing with the bench group. Besides none of Phoenix's reserves could stay in front of her without fouling.

Minus one ill-advised quick 3, though she did a good job attacking and not settling for long jumpers.

Missed some bunnies tonight but in general she is much better when she attacks the rim.
Yes, but the other bench players want to show what they can do.

bbsamjj

Rutgers Rooter
Reaction Score
How a player from defensive rutgers became such a dynamic scorer (shooter) , wow

Copper scored A LOT at Rutgers, ending her career as the 4th all time leading scorer (right behind Pondexter). She was always a dynamic slasher, but her senior year she had started developing a 3-point shot. Folks seems to think she's come out of nowhere, but she was the 7th overall pick in her class--potential for superstardom has always been there.

Reaction Score
Griner has been good in Q3. The entire rest of the Mercury are no shows this entire game.
Yeah. BG got things going in that 2nd half. The rest of the squad was iffy. There were moments but the Mercury looked out of sync from the 2nd quarter on. I think the team only scored 14 points in the 2nd quarter!

Reaction Score
Somebody needs to tell DeShields she is no longer at Tennessee and stop forcing shots, making careless turnovers, and let some of her teammates get a chance to shoot. Ever since the starters left she has been shooting almost every time she gets the ball.
She probably had the green light from the coaching staff and the rest of the team probably are cool with her taking those kinds of shots because in practice she is knocking them down.

Reaction Score
Seeing as DT Even with shouldn't even have been playing in that game I'm happy with the lop-sided win. If DT had NOT been there then Phoenix would have had their excuse.

Chicago can have one player not show up but Phoenix can't afford that. Even then, I don't think they can win a 5 game series.

Reaction Score
Hopefully Chicago can close it out today. I doubt Phoenix shots 25% from the field again today. Or Diana goes 1-10 again. Chicago players, all of them rascals, better be iced up, well rested and ready to do whatever it takes to close out the series, today.

Reaction Score
Turner needs to work on her offensive game. Phoenix would be up by a dozen if she looked to score more often. Or Phoenix needs to run that pick and roll with someone else

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I don’t know who complains more, DT or CP
Close but CP looks so sad when she argues.

Griner having an absurd half making tough shot after tough shot. Up 44-37 at half.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Chicago is 2-14 from 3. Can't count how many of those were wide open. If they lose, that will be the reason.

Parker is playing some D, but for all the talk about her history in Game 4's, she's only 1-6 from the floor w/ 4 points. If she was going to reverse her trend, that is not the way to get it done.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Nice way to end 3rd Q for Mercury. Lets get this back to Az

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
CP came alive in 4Q, Sloot was magnificent even without her usual scoring but a monster turnaround to put the dagger in and Quigley was a rock all through the game. Congratulations. You did it when it mattered.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
A lot of credit to go around. Copper struggled today but had a great playoffs. Sloot completely rewrote the record books as far as dishing the ball. Quigley came up huge today. Parker obviously made a difference for Chicago compared to previous seasons. Dolson had some key moments throughout the series. Stevens having to go up against Jonquel and Griner in the last 2 series really played some good ball.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Wow what a finish. Heck of a comeback by the Sky. I thought we were for sure going 5. Parker, Quigley, Sloot and Dolson came through huge. Stoked to see Parker get another ring and play phenomenally down the stretch after struggling in her last 2 game 4s. Sloot should get Finals MVP. Congrats to the Sky.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
A lot of credit to go around. Copper struggled today but had a great playoffs. Sloot completely rewrote the record books as far as dishing the ball. Quigley came up huge today. Parker obviously made a difference for Chicago compared to previous seasons. Dolson had some key moments throughout the series. Stevens having to go up against Jonquel and Griner in the last 2 series really played some good ball.
Azure showed a mean streak I did not think she had.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I gave up midway thru Q3. I will fully take credit, me turning off the game allowed Chicago to win this game.

Congrats to the Sky!
Thank you! Definitely go back and rewatch it. Outstanding comeback.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom