WNBA Draft Thread | Page 7 | The Boneyard

WNBA Draft Thread

Reaction Score
Which is another reason why they should have given second and third rounders at least the airtime it takes to announce them as picks. I didn't switch to ESPNU to listen to their fill time blather. These people are so full of themselves. Makes me start to dislike them more and more.

It is not ESPN's job to give the picks a participation trophy. ESPN's job is to create interesting television, and given that they've been doing this a while and billions of dollars depend on them doing it right, I'm gonna guess they know a few things.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Seattle went from a playoff team to being in the lottery next year. Can't score if you can't rebound, and nothing was done to remedy that fact.

They signed Courtney Paris, that should help w/ rebounding. Thought they signed another free agent but can't seem to find out who.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
It is not ESPN's job to give the picks a participation trophy. ESPN's job is to create interesting television, and given that they've been doing this a while and billions of dollars depend on them doing it right, I'm gonna guess they know a few things.

It's debatable that what they ended up w/ was interesting television during the 2nd and 3rd round. I'd go more w/ "not interesting."

Reaction Score
Not to be Debby Downer, but worth noting that in previous years almost no one drafted below 18 survived cuts.
True, but there are always exceptions to the rule. Erica Wheeler was not drafted coming out of college. I'm not sure if she even got an invitation to a training camp that season. So, she played overseas, worked hard and has been a valuable member of the Indiana Fever for the past few seasons.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Not to be Debby Downer, but worth noting that in previous years almost no one drafted below 18 survived cuts.
With Saniya Chong as a notable exception.

Reaction Score
They signed Courtney Paris, that should help w/ rebounding. Thought they signed another free agent but can't seem to find out who.
Paris can't play more then 20 minutes, and is slow getting up and down the floor, will be a limited player.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Paris can't play more then 20 minutes, and is slow getting up and down the floor, will be a limited player.

Okay. Well it's something anyway. The previous year they brought in Carolyn Swords but she was not productive at all for the Storm. I swear during the draft broadcast they highlighted 2 post player FA signings by Seattle this off season, but I couldn't find anything online about the second player. I think it was a recognizable name, but I don't remember who.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Wasn't Chung a third round pick last year?

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Sadly, she won't get to learn and improve as rapidly in the WNBA as she would have at a full season of UCONN coaching, so we'll never really know...
Eric-I always appreciate you passion for UConn and all things Geno but this comment is speculative at best and arrogant at worst. Z will be playing against better athletes who are old and stronger so she will have to learn fast plus she can devote the bulk of her day and time film study and working out, which the 20hour a week limit severely hampers. I think the onus is squarely on Z to self manage her development and there are some pretty good pro coaches.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I think you’re seriously underestimating Kia. She’s developed into a serious offensive threat and is one of the best defenders UConn has had. She’ll make NY proud the picked her!!!
Yes, Kia is good as evidenced by 4 years of starting and being a Canadian Olympian but you are seriously underestimating how good Lexi is. She IS BETTER THAN KIA.

Why is it that many on this thread can’t give credit to other good players and take everything as a slight against a UCONN player if a name is referenced ahead of them? Kia is good but many, many basketball writers and coaches think both Jordin and Lexi are better than Kia and that’s ok. Kia still went in the first round and was taken right after Lexi.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom