WNBA Draft 2019 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

WNBA Draft 2019

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
I can't believe when the Aces coach was asked about the players to think about he didn't even mention KLS or Collier.....what a joke. The Aces could use a 3 or 4 to complement Wilson since they have good guards already... and they pay these people salaries?

He said he wanted to trade because there isn't a real #1 player like A'ja. It will be interesting to see if any player separates herself from the pack. One thing to keep in mind, the pros may view KLS as injury prone with bad ankles and feet.

Last edited:

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Thanks for bringing up Izzy Harrison, who did have a good year in San Antonio.

Bill does love his bigs, but if Izzy is up to (Bill's) speed, I think Trader Bill could get his cake and eat it, too, by organizing a trade with Indiana, who would very much want one of the two aircraft carriers (McCowan or Brown). And then he could take a KLS at three...

I don't know who the focal point of that Indiana trade would be, but if he wants to add some solid frontcourt versatility to the Aces, he's try to finagle fellow Domer Natalie Achonwa there. Ace had a solid year both rebounding and scoring (double figures for the first time)...she's kind of a tweener 4-5, which means she'd be a great back-up for both Harrison and/or Wilson.

If he could get Dupree and KLS they'd be a title threat. Achonwa or Vivians would be other strong options to package with the #3 pick since both would provide good depth and fill an area of need for Vegas. Might be a lot to ask for, but Indiana is in a tough spot at #3 since both bigs will likely be picked 1-2 and they really need size or a top flight PG, but the next wave of players are all good 2s and 3s which they've loaded up on.

Reaction Score
I found all of the comments useful and interesting.
Obviously each of these players have one more year to develop and show who they are and can become. Also Ionescu coming out changes all calculations.
If KLS stays healthy all year, I believe she's headed to another level in her game. Her rebounding and defense will both improve and maybe most importantly her leadership and ability to carry the team in tough games and rough moments. If she doesn't develop significantly or has minor injuries, seems she still goes at least top five or six.
Bronx23

Reaction Score
He said he wanted to trade because there isn't a real #1 player like A'ja. It will be interesting to see if any player separates herself from the pack. One thing to keep in mind, the pros may view KLS as injury prone with bad ankles and feet.

He didn’t say he was planing on trading the pick, but that he’s sure the phone will be ringing off the hook. A’ja didn’t play much at center if at all, that’s why I’m sure Brown will be taken number 1, so A’ja won’t have to battle and bang with the centers in the league.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
He didn’t say he was planing on trading the pick, but that he’s sure the phone will be ringing off the hook. A’ja didn’t play much at center if at all, that’s why I’m sure Brown will be taken number 1, so A’ja won’t have to battle and bang with the centers in the league.

Oh he announced to the WNBA he was open to trade talks for sure.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score

Wilson seems to do most of her damage in the lane, or certainly from the foul line in. I'm not sure how having a big center with little to no range helps her. It clogs up the lane, no? Didn't the twin tower era end a couple of decades ago? Isn't dynamic offense about floor spacing and opening up the lane? Washington has a front court of DelleDonne and Sanders. Seattle has Stewie and Howard. Phoenix has BG but surrounds her with 4 perimeter shooters. I dunno.

Reaction Score
Wilson seems to do most of her damage in the lane, or certainly from the foul line in. I'm not sure how having a big center with little to no range helps her. It clogs up the lane, no? Didn't the twin tower era end a couple of decades ago? Isn't dynamic offense about floor spacing and opening up the lane? Washington has a front court of DelleDonne and Sanders. Seattle has Stewie and Howard. Phoenix has BG but surrounds her with 4 perimeter shooters. I dunno.

Yes I see what your saying, but Brown has nice range, if Wilson can play next to Swords and Bone, she can play next to Brown.

Reaction Score
Not excited about any of these players as a #1 pick in the draft.

Brown of Baylor was badly outplayed by Gulich last years 12th pick in the draft. Plus she’s always a bit out of shape.

Durr won’t translate well to W. She’ll struggle getting her shot. Someone will be very disappointed. Body frame is weak. Much better college player than pro.

McCowan is not skilled enough to be a factor for a long time on next level.

KLS is easily the best shooter and b-ball IQ in draft. So much better than Durr. Love how high her release point is on her jumper. Can shoot in traffic. I wish she was more physical for rebounding as a 3 but she is what she is. Will she hold up?

Ogunbowale is strong as an ox but not close to being worthy of a #1 pick.

Last edited:

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Yes I see what your saying, but Brown has nice range, if Wilson can play next to Swords and Bone, she can play next to Brown.

Sure she can play next to Brown but would it be better then having tall mobile with some hops and defense ability as opposed to a someone who is used to playing solo in the lane.

Reaction Score
Sure she can play next to Brown but would it be better then having tall mobile with some hops and defense ability as opposed to a someone who is used to playing solo in the lane.

Yes but only Magbegor and Caliya Robinson fit that description, but neither would be going #1 over all right now.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Here’s Megdal’s first real mock draft of the season. I don’t agree with his #1 pick, but most of you guys will like it.

2019 WNBA Mock Draft Big Board: Version 1.0

If they're going to be getting 10 shots a game from the 3 spot, I'd surely rather have it be KLS as opposed to Tamera Young.

I'm very much on board with the Durr to Chicago idea.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If they're going to be getting 10 shots a game from the 3 spot, I'd surely rather have it be KLS as opposed to Tamera Young.

I'm very much on board with the Durr to Chicago idea.

What will be interesting to see this year is how McCowan does with Howard. Will her rebounding numbers take a hit since she won't have to do all the clean up?

Reaction Score
What will be interesting to see this year is how McCowan does with Howard. Will her rebounding numbers take a hit since she won't have to do all the clean up?

I’m not sure how much of a factor that will be. What I’m wondering is if they’ll have anybody as effective as Vivians to spread the floor.

Reaction Score
Like the idea of Turner to Seattle, would be a good fit. Could eventually move Clark to bench.

I never saw Turner as a three point threat. I may have to check into that. I would see her as more of a cheaper bench replacement for Langhorne.

Reaction Score
I never saw Turner as a three point threat. I may have to check into that. I would see her as more of a cheaper bench replacement for Langhorne.
Really doesn't have to be Howard isn't. She just needs to be able to hit well from mid-range. Just need 3 shooters, and spacing to be able to drive.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think 2 players are too low--Collier and Turner--and GMs will regret passing on them.

I know Minnesota needs guards, but I hate to see them leave Ezi to Los Angeles.

Reaction Score
I know Minnesota needs guards, but I hate to see them leave Ezi to Los Angeles.

Actually they need posts. They already have 4 guards signed for next year: Augustus, DRob, Tanisha Wright, and Alexis Jones.

There’s a possibility Brunson will retire. That would leave Fowles and Fagbenle (who?) as the only Lynx post players signed for next year.

Reaction Score
Here’s Megdal’s first real mock draft of the season. I don’t agree with his #1 pick, but most of you guys will like it.

2019 WNBA Mock Draft Big Board: Version 1.0
Read what Megdal says about Durr
1. Katie Smith thinks Asia’s skills are point guard ready right now
2. Strong frame to guard two and threes in WNBA
3. Expect Jeff Walz to give her plenty of time AT THE POINT this year to help prepare her

Huh?
1. Katie Smith doesn’t think Asia’s a pg does she? She must of been describing her skills.

2. Walz has always wanted Durr stronger. She doesn’t have a strong frame and she can’t guard a three in the W.

3. Walz has Carter and Evans at point guard plus 2 more on the bench. Walz wants to win games not make Asia ready for a position she won’t play in W.

Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Actually they need posts. They already have 4 guards signed for next year: Augustus, DRob, Tanisha Wright, and Alexis Jones.

There’s a possibility Brunson will retire. That would leave Fowles and Fagbenle (who?) as the only Lynx post players signed for next year.
Seimone and Tanisha will be 35 next season. Both are beyond their prime. Danielle is coming off major surgery. Alexis was a top high school recruit and effective at Duke but hasn't proven she can play at this level after injuries. She has potential. I think that Fagbenle and Zandalasini will be key players next year. Maya and Sylvia are elite, but there are lots of question marks beyond them. I would not mind at all if they pick Ezi and can convince her to sign. But the window of Sylvia being an elite player is narrowing.

Reaction Score
If he could get Dupree and KLS they'd be a title threat. Achonwa or Vivians would be other strong options to package with the #3 pick since both would provide good depth and fill an area of need for Vegas. Might be a lot to ask for, but Indiana is in a tough spot at #3 since both bigs will likely be picked 1-2 and they really need size or a top flight PG, but the next wave of players are all good 2s and 3s which they've loaded up on.
Does Dupree play D? I never noticed myself but I thought I heard an anncr imply it was far from her forte so made me wonder. She was impressive as a complementary player w Phoenix. Everyone looks lousy when they’re in Indiana.

Reaction Score
Seimone and Tanisha will be 35 next season. Both are beyond their prime. Danielle is coming off major surgery. Alexis was a top high school recruit and effective at Duke but hasn't proven she can play at this level after injuries. She has potential. I think that Fagbenle and Zandalasini will be key players next year. Maya and Sylvia are elite, but there are lots of question marks beyond them. I would not mind at all if they pick Ezi and can convince her to sign. But the window of Sylvia being an elite player is narrowing.

Zandalasini is more of a SF/SG than a post. She could be slotted at guard too if needed. They also have the rights to a lot of overseas guards. The Lynx post situation is dire. They need to find a solution to it quick or it’s going to be another disappointing season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom