WNBA Draft 2014 Question | The Boneyard

WNBA Draft 2014 Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
If Connecticut Sun has to top pick do they take Chiney Ogwumike or Odyssey Sims?

If Tulsa Shock have the second pick and Chiney has been chosen do they take Odyssey Sims or do they find someone else seeing as they just got two PG's in the previous draft and traded for Candice Wiggins?

These are big if's but I have been wondering it.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I think Chiney will be first no matter what, but don't count out Alyssa Thomas!

I think the 2014 draft order will be for need because there is a lot of talent in next years graduating class.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I think Chiney will be first no matter what, but don't count out Alyssa Thomas!

I think the 2014 draft order will be for need because there is a lot of talent in next years graduating class.
I agree. In the past, often times players outside the top 4-5 picks don't end up doing anything in the W. This year I bet there are 8-10 kids who could make some noise...

Reaction Score
I would go with Odessa Sims.. She can play both the shooting and point guard.. i think that would be a great backcourt for years to come or even Alyssa Thomas.. They do have Glory Johnson as a PF so they probably would like a SF.. Or possibly trade that pick for a veteran that has been too the playoffs since the team is pretty young..

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
It will be an interesting draft as I do not think there really is a definitive top player or top two or even a consensus top five. A lot of talent but no clear superstars.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
It will be an interesting draft as I do not think there really is a definitive top player or top two or even a consensus top five. A lot of talent but no clear superstars.

True again! I think how payers do during their senior campaign will only help their WNBA stock!

Reaction Score
IF UCONN wins another title... I would expect to see Stef and Bria's stock to go way UP!

The issue with the Sun is the injuries they have had this year. What do they need?

Well they have Renee and Kara Lawson.... if both are healthy and Kara's father situation is over and she plays..... then you have two excellent point guards.
A healthy Tina.... A healthy Asjha Jones? You have two excellent post players.

Stef could be an excellent addition to this team. Then again, Bria could be a great addition if Kara decides to retire or whatnot.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Three to see....?
I think the 3 to see this year will be Chiney Ogwumike, Odyssey Simms, and Alyssa Thomas. I'm not saying Stef and Bria won't be terrific for UCONN, but when our 2 best players are Stewie and KML, i'm not sure how much hype Stef and Bria will get.

Reaction Score
IMO if the Sun got the first pick they should take CO as they have Kara and RM to run point and they need an upgrade in the PF position. The ideal position will probably be third where they can take A. Thomas who's game probably will translate the best to the pros.
In regard to Tulsa, if they get one of the 2 first picks, they should probably trade it for a veteran SF. They are set at PF with Glory J. and I don't think Glory and CO can play together as both got limited shooting range, And if they take Sims they will basically state that they failed in choosing Diggins. If they get the third pick, they should go with A. Thomas as she'll fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom