OT: - WNBA coronavirus testing | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: WNBA coronavirus testing

Reaction Score
They should set financial penalties and perhaps future suspensions for those that break the bubble protocols. Other wise someone will break them.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
For what it's worth, total FL coronavirus cases have been rising as fast as any state, averaging approximately 8,000-9,000 cases per day over the past week.
But to get back to my point-how many people were tested per day 50000, 75000, 100000???

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
They should set financial penalties and perhaps future suspensions for those that break the bubble protocols. Other wise someone will break them.

With the positive testing rate exploding (> 15%) in FL, I imagine no WNBA player would be stupid enough to break any quarantine procedures.

NBA has JR Smith so no limit to stupidity in that bubble

Of course, once the season ends, no guarantee that FL will not be walled off from the rest of the world. :mad::mad:

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score

I've had it done twice with the VA and it was more painful then when they took 12 samples for my prostate cancer test, or the insertion of 127 radioactive rods in my prostate due to the cancer.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I've had it done twice with the VA and it was more painful then when they took 12 samples for my prostate cancer test, or the insertion of 127 radioactive rods in my prostate due to the cancer.

It still boggles my mind that the combined knowledge and technology of the human race can't come up with a less invasive test. Not giving me confidence about finding a vaccine.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
You and I had the same surgery! I had 100+ pieces of radioactive Iodine inserted.

Reaction Score
The key to a successful WNBA season will be for players, coaches & officials to be circumspect in their actions and activity away from basketball and the bubble. While 5% positive is in line with the general population, over the past few weeks the state of FL has seen positive tests in the 15-20% range.

The figure in the state of Connecticut is under 1% positive out of all tests performed daily. We're the best i the nation. But we're the third smallest state geographically, and lots of people travel through, or travel to or from Fairfield County into the country's biggest city. So we're not an island by any means. What happens in Florida or Texas or California, will eventually lap up against our small state.

I believe that the CDC said that having a positive test rate under 5% was necessary for any sort of reopening. That along with declining numbers of new infections for at least two weeks, and steadily declining numbers of hospitalized Covid patients. So just being "in line" with the nation's 5% positive testing rate is nothing positive. Still bad. Still far worse situation than any other developed nation. Still means that we're a pariah among those nations, cut off from travel.

We're in serious trouble.

Reaction Score
Well not to be rude or anything, but who travels to Connecticut to go on vacation ? Expectations for the virus should be low in that area . I am in Texas and its seems like someone coughed on the whole state and a new city is the epicenter of the virus in our state everyday.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
You and I had the same surgery! I had 100+ pieces of radioactive Iodine inserted.
Hope everything is okay, I finished my twice yearly checkups 2 years ago and now I'm checked annually.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Well not to be rude or anything, but who travels to Connecticut to go on vacation ? Expectations for the virus should be low in that area . I am in Texas and its seems like someone coughed on the whole state and a new city is the epicenter of the virus in our state everyday.

Connecticut is actually a lovely place to vacation. I would have said the same thing before I went the first time, but I love every chance I get to go back.

Reaction Score

We're the 4th most densely populated state in the nation. I-95 through Connecticut is one of the most heavily travelled roads in the country. Fairfield County, the state's most populated county, is inextricably linked to New York City. Indeed, more people commute out of Manhattan and Brooklyn into Fairfield County for jobs than commute from our bedroom communities into Manhattan. Metro North is one of the most heavily utilized commuter rail lines in the world. And one of the most crowded, or it was before the virus struck.

So we are deeply into what happens in the Northeast, in New York, and with NY being an air travel hub, what happens everywhere else.

And as one of the wealthiest states with big exposure to finance, defense, aeronautics and biotech, people come here for business in droves.

So we're not immune to the disaster that is unfolding in the rest of the nation, despite our state having performed superbly to get control of the virus.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Connecticut is actually a lovely place to vacation. I would have said the same thing before I went the first time, but I love every chance I get to go back.
I grew up In Stratford, spending much of my youth at the beautiful beaches on the Long Island Sound during summertime.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom