WNBA Commissioners Cup Seattle vs CT Sun 9 PM Tonight

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Last edited:

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Game is streamed on Amazon Prime. Don't know the size of the Audience this Game will draw on Amazon Prime.

$500K will be split between both teams. The Players on the Winning Team will receive approx $50K, the losers $10K.

Not a Bad Payday for the players on the Winning Team.

Commissioners Cup Standings: 2021 WNBA Commissioner's Cup Leaderboard - WNBA.com - Official Site of the WNBA

FAQ: WNBA Commissioner’s Cup FAQ: Everything you need to know before tip-off
I believe the winners will collect 30K, not 50K.

Reaction Score
Game is streamed on Amazon Prime. Don't know the size of the Audience this Game will draw on Amazon Prime.

$500K will be split between both teams. The Players on the Winning Team will receive approx $50K, the losers $10K.

Not a Bad Payday for the players on the Winning Team.

Commissioners Cup Standings: 2021 WNBA Commissioner's Cup Leaderboard - WNBA.com - Official Site of the WNBA

FAQ: WNBA Commissioner’s Cup FAQ: Everything you need to before tip-off
Amazon Prime has over 150 million subscribers worldwide. The potential audience is huge.

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
Amazon Prime has over 150 million subscribers worldwide. The potential audience is huge.
Not that huge......the Field of Dreams game is on Fox tonight(Yankees+White Sox).

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Agree. Ridiculous gimmick.
The pay disparity in the W between stars and role players is significant. This game is doing what it was designed to do in the CBA. Give those role players a chance to significantly raise their season compensation. Close to double in the case of the lowest paid on the winning team. As a fan of these young women (Bea, DiJonai, Natisha, Kai) as much as I am a fan of the Sun team and its stars, it would give me great pleasure to see them take home the 50k. I'm watching.

It also provides an incentive for stars to get involved earlier in the season to support their teammates.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
The first game of it's kind and there is no regular television coverage.:confused:

Reaction Score
The pay disparity in the W between stars and role players is significant. This game is doing what it was designed to do in the CBA. Give those role players a chance to significantly raise their season compensation. Close to double in the case of the lowest paid on the winning team. As a fan of these young women (Bea, DiJonai, Natisha, Kai) as much as I am a fan of the Sun team and its stars, it would give me great pleasure to see them take home the 50k. I'm watching.

It also provides an incentive for stars to get involved earlier in the season to support their teammates.
I was talking about the Field of Dreams game. The cup game is a great addition. …..and it’s actually being played on a real basketball court.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
I was talking about the Field of Dreams game. The cup game is a great addition. …..and it’s actually being played on a real basketball court.
Oops. I stand by everything I said in response to folks who disparage the Commissioner's Cup game in the W.

Apparently you weren't one of them. Can I blame the error on the fact that I'm laying in a hospital with post-surgical drugs coursing through my veins?

Reaction Score
Oops. I stand by everything I said in response to folks who disparage the Commissioner's Cup game in the W.

Apparently you weren't one of them. Can I blame the error on the fact that I'm laying in a hospital with post-surgical drugs coursing through my veins?
Ouch, sorry to hear about your surgery and hospital stay. Heal quickly!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

Feel better soon. I was admitted into a hospital for 6 days about 18 months ago. Being able to access the boneyard during that time helped me pull through.

Reaction Score
Does anyone know if a replay of the Commissioner's Cup Game will be available for free anywhere?

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Well, that how the players are getting paid.
Are you sure about that? Amazon can afford it, but I can't see them providing the entire purse of prize money. I have not been able to find a definitive statement declaring Amazon as the sole provider of the winnings. (Did I miss them mentioning it during the broadcast?)

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Are you sure about that? Amazon can afford it, but I can't see them providing the entire purse of prize money. I have not been able to find a definitive statement declaring Amazon as the sole provider of the winnings. (Did I miss them mentioning it during the broadcast?)
Maybe Amazon will ante up some Amazon Prime accounts.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Obviously, Stewie was suffering from jet lag. She only scored 17 pts, 15 of which came in the 1st qtr as she shot 5/6. Stewie also collected the game MVP award (Ho-hum) and the check.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom