WNBA Commissioners Cup Seattle vs CT Sun 9 PM Tonight | Page 2 | The Boneyard

WNBA Commissioners Cup Seattle vs CT Sun 9 PM Tonight

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Oops. I stand by everything I said in response to folks who disparage the Commissioner's Cup game in the W.

Apparently you weren't one of them. Can I blame the error on the fact that I'm laying in a hospital with post-surgical drugs coursing through my veins?
Hope you get better soon!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Are you sure about that? Amazon can afford it, but I can't see them providing the entire purse of prize money. I have not been able to find a definitive statement declaring Amazon as the sole provider of the winnings. (Did I miss them mentioning it during the broadcast?)
It's not coming from ticket sales and advertising.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Connecticut looked rusty. Seattle looked like a team with 5 Olympians. I think the lead went as high as 31.

Stewie was the MVP--again. Lou is back, post-covid, and added $30K to her bank account. And Sue dropped some dimes and hit a few daggers.

Reaction Score
Connecticut looked rusty. Seattle looked like a team with 5 Olympians. I think the lead went as high as 31.

Stewie was the MVP--again. Lou is back, post-covid, and added $30K to her bank account. And Sue dropped some dimes and hit a few daggers.
Connecticut doesn't get up and down the court very well. They definitely miss Williams in the backcourt. January, and Thomas are not enough to beat the really good teams.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
If one was to analyze the opening minutes of the game
It all came down to a Miss Breanna Stewart...a truly remarkable performance...
jet lag, champagne et al.

Blocks, steals, disruptions, boards and truly amazing shooting...from all angles and distance...

The one she missed was an off-balance, feet not set 3 (?) in which her mind appeared to tell her...just throw it up, it'll go in. everything else is.

RogueDave

Wasn’t Me!
Reaction Score
I was talking about the Field of Dreams game. The cup game is a great addition. …..and it’s actually being played on a real basketball court.

Field of Dreams Game was played on a real field and built to perfection by John Deere and it was gorgeous.

It was a Perfect Event for folks in Iowa as well as the many, many diehard MLB fans. It was a nod to the olden day’s of baseball were rural communities would come from miles to see the team play.

The tradition holds Into today Iowa Fans travel and are great supporters of Women’s basketball.

The little field upper left was the movie field.

4E0C2780-3D70-4B35-9FD0-0E56C9D08F8E.png

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Please explain. What do you mean?
Amazon paid a premium for exclusivity when buying the rights to this and other games. Without that premium, the players aren't getting that big payday. In fact, I wonder if there is an in-season tournament at all without Amazon's participation. So those whining about not getting the game for free are saying they don't want the players to get paid.

Reaction Score
Oops. I stand by everything I said in response to folks who disparage the Commissioner's Cup game in the W.

Apparently you weren't one of them. Can I blame the error on the fact that I'm laying in a hospital with post-surgical drugs coursing through my veins?
Psconn, I hope you’re doing okay. Prayers for a speedy recovery from your surgical procedure. Stay strong!!

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Psconn, I hope you’re doing okay. Prayers for a speedy recovery from your surgical procedure. Stay strong!!
Thanks for that. Yes, I'm well and things seem to be proceeding normally. While the world is in limited travel mode I decided it was a good time to get a new hip. Hopefully, if the world opens up again I'll be ready to hike in Peru (our 40th anniversary trip that was cancelled by the !!#^:mad:^*!! pandemic) and/or tramp one of the Great Walks in NZ (another bucket list item). Just trying to keep our active window propped open as long as possible.

200.gif

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Good enough that I had forgotten I responded to this thread until I was just now catching up. :p

stoned gravity GIF

Reaction Score
Thanks for that. Yes, I'm well and things seem to be proceeding normally. While the world is in limited travel mode I decided it was a good time to get a new hip. Hopefully, if the world opens up again I'll be ready to hike in Peru (our 40th anniversary trip that was cancelled by the !!#^:mad:^*!! pandemic) and/or tramp one of the Great Walks in NZ (another bucket list item). Just trying to keep our active window propped open as long as possible.

200.gif
Glad to hear that you’re doing better.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Amazon paid a premium for exclusivity when buying the rights to this and other games. Without that premium, the players aren't getting that big payday. In fact, I wonder if there is an in-season tournament at all without Amazon's participation. So those whining about not getting the game for free are saying they don't want the players to get paid.
Or could it be that they are just saying the want the game for free.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom