WNBA All Star Voting | Page 2 | The Boneyard

WNBA All Star Voting

Reaction Score
I think they should make it a rule to forbid taking teammates for the first 5 picks. That would make it more interesting and take pressure off Maya.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
It is blowing my mind that some believe that all star level players have such fragile psyches and I still think playing against teammates is super fun (like playing against family).

I do believe in an open draft that Maya would not go 1-2-3 in picking her teammates (after fowles) but might try to pick them before EDD further down.

However, I am guessing that the draft order would be closed to the public and the team positions withheld so in that circumstance, I guess not having Whalen and/or Augustus would open Maya up to annoying questions which she would rather not answer. So for logistical reasons with the press, perhaps she will pick all Lynx early??

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think they should make it a rule to forbid taking teammates for the first 5 picks. That would make it more interesting and take pressure off Maya.
Interesting. That basically gives Sylvia to the other team. I think Maya could pick her teammates, other than Syl, a little later than the top pics.

Reaction Score
Interesting. That basically gives Sylvia to the other team. I think Maya could pick her teammates, other than Syl, a little later than the top pics.

True, but if Maya were to get the first pick she could land Griner, who she just played overseas with at UMMC. Very successful pairing in Russia.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
True, but if Maya were to get the first pick she could land Griner, who she just played overseas with at UMMC. Very successful pairing in Russia.
Maya and Griner; Maya and Fowles. I like either combo.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
You guys don't seriously believe Maya would pick her Lynx teammates 1-2-3, do you? The fallout would be gargantuan. Maya is far too classy to disrespect the system that way and will do the PC thing and pick the best players to round out the team, as will whoever the 2 captains are.

Reaction Score
The easiest way to vote is on twitter with the hashtag #WNBAVote along with the player name or twitter handle.
One player per tweet, 10 tweet limit per day, one player vote per day.
So, you can vote for up to 10 different players once per day.

Cool. Thanks

Reaction Score
The players should select the all-star teams. The players know who are having the best seasons, and are most deserving. Time get rid of this popularity contest. Whelan's not even a star on her own team, much less in the league. Tiffany 32nd and Allie Quigley is 37th! C'mon!
Maya and Griner; Maya and Fowles. I like either combo.

I like Maya and Tina.

Reaction Score
071C427D-2ACC-400F-9A48-1CC01AE4ABE8.jpeg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger