OT: - WNBA 25th season starts tonight | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: WNBA 25th season starts tonight

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I totally missed Kiana Williams making her regular season debut for Seattle.

Is Kennedy Burke unavailable? Hasn't played. Neither has Herbert-Harrigan.

Wilson has 22, J. Young has 12, not much help from the rest of the Aces. Really, really, really underwhelming debut for Gray (2 pts, 2 assists 1-6 shooting 25 minutes).

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Bird limping off the floor. Knee to knee w/ Cambage.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Plum now has 11 (along w/ 4 assists), more than starters Gray and Williams combined (they have 7).

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Stewie game high 25. Wilson has 24. Storm up 13 w/ about a minute left.

3's remained really lopsided--11-26 vs. 3-12.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
97-83 final. One more 3 for Stewie. Loyd chipped in 22.

Reaction Score
Plum now has 11 (along w/ 4 assists), more than starters Gray and Williams combined (they have 7).
Plum has more energy and confidence for this season's first game. She should replace Gray as the starter.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Plum has more energy and confidence for this season's first game. She should replace Gray as the starter.
Correct me if I am wrong but didn't Gray have a really poor European season??

Reaction Score
Fun to see Stewie, Sue and Katie Lou on the same team! This is the only game I've watched this season but if it's representative of the 2021 WNBA, the product is looking much better than last year's pandemic hobbled season. Players look fit and fast, and team play is pretty good for this early in the season.

Reaction Score
Fun to see Stewie, Sue and Katie Lou on the same team! This is the only game I've watched this season but if it's representative of the 2021 WNBA, the product is looking much better than last year's pandemic hobbled season. Players look fit and fast, and team play is pretty good for this early in the season.
It was fun to see Stewie and Sue together again!

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
But Stewie and Sue still need to push Lou to be aggressive. I think she falls into the category of

'if there are better players on the team, she defers but if not, than she is alot more aggressive.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
and listening to Sue on mike talking nonstop the whole game is just wonderful.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

Tell me the Mystics would not have been more competitive if Paige suited up (one leg and all) . ;) Without EDD and Meeseman, Tina looks like she is reliving her Liberty experience again.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Tell me the Mystics would not have been more competitive if Paige suited up (one leg and all) . ;) Without EDD and Meeseman, Tina looks like she is reliving her Liberty experience again.
And Clark is out for the season after signing as a FA. She isn't a huge scorer, but turned into a 3 point sniper while she was with Seattle and in my opinion is the best perimeter defender in the league.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
But Stewie and Sue still need to push Lou to be aggressive. I think she falls into the category of

'if there are better players on the team, she defers but if not, than she is alot more aggressive.
KLS had 3 shot attempts in 23 minutes. She did grab 6 rebounds though. I really didn't see anything that separated her from Talbot coming off the bench. Burke must not have been available, she very well could be a better option than KLS at the 3.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
LV keeps trying to squeeze her out of being their PG, but she keeps looking like a better option than whoever they keep replacing her with to me.

Reaction Score
I know I am sometimes the biggest UConn homer, but wow, this comment completely discounts any talent from other schools not named UConn. There will always be a need for good/great players from different schools, so Paige and Azzi won't be the the only ones making a difference.

"The players are left to police their own conditioning and most of them are in terrible shape.... always. Only a small percentage you can tell are in excellent shape."

Says who? 35% of the BY identified in the 65-74 age range, and 86% identified as 40+. I would bet that most of us here have no idea what it takes to get in shape, keep in shape by WNBA standards. Not all of the women can develop arms like Maya or Crystal, just to name a few. Not all post players have the "visual" body type like Tina. DT can shoot the lights out from just about any distance, but does she look "in shape" compared to other players? I guess it depends on how you define "in shape". If you are basing your opinion on what a player looks like, please don't. If players were not in shape, in game shape, they would not make the roster of 12 as there's no way a coach or GM would waste a spot on someone that cannot contribute, especially with this sized roster.
Not in shape has nothing to do what they look like, but how they move up and down the court. Which in my opinion has been horrible

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Connecticut Sun on CBSSN tonight at 7:00 against Diana and the Mercury. To me it seems ironic that our Baylor friend DiJonai Carrington is now a member of the Sun. I hope she plays nice nice with the fans, many of whom were offended by her attitude after the Elite 8 game.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I am interested in seeing the NY / IND repeat. 2PM CBSSN Can Sabrina do it again?

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Correct me if I am wrong but didn't Gray have a really poor European season??
I wouldnt say poor, but more like erratic. She didnt start a lot of games for Girona. She played well in the Copa La Reina, a late season Spanish tournament.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom