With sophomores stepping up, newcomers adapting, UConn looking forward to new year | The Boneyard

With sophomores stepping up, newcomers adapting, UConn looking forward to new year

Reaction Score
Good article from the Courant.

“I can’t see myself at any other school, to be honest. It wasn’t really necessarily a decision to come back, it was just a decision to stay committed to the process and everything that Hurley’s about,” said Ball, who started a few games with Stephon Castle injured early in the season but then saw his usage decline. “Him coming back was really big for us and the connection we have already with the team has been great. It feels like the locker room’s been together for like a year or two already. That’s what I’ve really loved so far.”

Alternate access:
With sophomores stepping up, newcomers adapting, UConn men’s basketball looking forward to new year

Reaction Score
I love Jaylin

“It was kind of a crazy situation to be in, I’ve never been in the middle of a situation like that where the whole world is watching... I think it was a nerve-wracking experience for everybody, but I feel like we all kind of knew where Coach’s heart was at from the beginning. For me it was just like, keep working and don’t worry about all of the outside noise,” Stewart said.

“The new players are adapting pretty quick, quicker than I did last year so that’s a good thing,” added Stewart.

Reaction Score
UConn = Team.

No 'I' in either word.

I notice under Hurley its difficult to single out one player to focus on or favor. Even last year, all starters on this forum were equally discussed. Newton was our AA but you wouldn't even know it. I see more of the same this season with our Coach.

Reaction Score
UConn = Team.

No 'I' in either word.

I notice under Hurley its difficult to single out one player to focus on or favor. Even last year, all starters on this forum were equally discussed. Newton was our AA but you wouldn't even know it. I see more of the same this season with our Coach.
So true. We could have a ”favorite pizza in CT” length thread of who was the MOP on the team each of the last 2 yrs. Every piece of the puzzle is critical and shares the spotlight. That keeps the motivation for all

Reaction Score
Jim, you're on fire this AM!:)
My Product Management Toolkit (32): Managing Your Frustrations – As I learn  …

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
To be Hurley with this new team is going to be fun. Hurley is sometimes the mad scientist mixing this and that.

The talent on this team is really good. The leadership, starting with Karaban, is pretty much in place. The frosh and the transfers will know quickly the UConn way.

Can't wait for October.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Obviously there are a ton of things to be psyched about with regards to UConn's teams over the past several years, but one thing that stands out is that he has players who have all bought in to the "team" concept... More than that, the promise and expectation that if you aren't part of the key 8 man rotation late in the season, work hard, as many have said "trust the process", and come back the next season as a key player.

I recall the staff saying the had to "re-recruit" Johnson after his freshman season because a bunch of teams reached out to him, I'm guessing because of his lack of PT as a freshman (behind Adama and Donovan). I think it's happened pretty quick, but now these kids are seeing it. Be patient, and be part of something great. Your time will come...

I'm so excited to see the team this coming season - and there are so many guys who I think are going to step up and be really good...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom