With sophomores stepping up, newcomers adapting, UConn looking forward to new year | The Boneyard

With sophomores stepping up, newcomers adapting, UConn looking forward to new year

Reaction Score
Good article from the Courant.

“I can’t see myself at any other school, to be honest. It wasn’t really necessarily a decision to come back, it was just a decision to stay committed to the process and everything that Hurley’s about,” said Ball, who started a few games with Stephon Castle injured early in the season but then saw his usage decline. “Him coming back was really big for us and the connection we have already with the team has been great. It feels like the locker room’s been together for like a year or two already. That’s what I’ve really loved so far.”

Alternate access:
With sophomores stepping up, newcomers adapting, UConn men’s basketball looking forward to new year

Reaction Score
I love Jaylin

“It was kind of a crazy situation to be in, I’ve never been in the middle of a situation like that where the whole world is watching... I think it was a nerve-wracking experience for everybody, but I feel like we all kind of knew where Coach’s heart was at from the beginning. For me it was just like, keep working and don’t worry about all of the outside noise,” Stewart said.

“The new players are adapting pretty quick, quicker than I did last year so that’s a good thing,” added Stewart.

Reaction Score
Great article

“I think it’s going great,” said Ross, after more than a week of summer workouts. “Both the freshmen and transfers have done a good job of coming in and really buying into the culture pretty quick. One thing our coaching staff is really good with is bringing in players that will fit our culture personality-wise as well as team-wise on the court. They buy-in pretty quick, they understand that this is a premiere program and the quicker the buy-in, the better.”

The chemistry-building was accelerated with the abrupt announcement of Hurley’s interest in the Los Angeles Lakers’ head coaching job about a week after the team’s summer workouts began. As he pondered the opportunity, there were multiple players-only meetings that kept the team together.

Reaction Score
UConn = Team.

No 'I' in either word.

I notice under Hurley its difficult to single out one player to focus on or favor. Even last year, all starters on this forum were equally discussed. Newton was our AA but you wouldn't even know it. I see more of the same this season with our Coach.

Reaction Score
UConn = Team.

No 'I' in either word.

I notice under Hurley its difficult to single out one player to focus on or favor. Even last year, all starters on this forum were equally discussed. Newton was our AA but you wouldn't even know it. I see more of the same this season with our Coach.
So true. We could have a ”favorite pizza in CT” length thread of who was the MOP on the team each of the last 2 yrs. Every piece of the puzzle is critical and shares the spotlight. That keeps the motivation for all

Reaction Score
Jim, you're on fire this AM!:)
My Product Management Toolkit (32): Managing Your Frustrations – As I learn  …

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
To be Hurley with this new team is going to be fun. Hurley is sometimes the mad scientist mixing this and that.

The talent on this team is really good. The leadership, starting with Karaban, is pretty much in place. The frosh and the transfers will know quickly the UConn way.

Can't wait for October.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom