wishful future games | The Boneyard

wishful future games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I was thinking of teams I hope Uconn could play someday in the near future. Teams we havent really played much at all recently.

Florida
Duke
UNC
UCLA
Purdue (yes I know we played them in 09)
Kansas
Kansas St
Wisconsin
Memphis

What do you guys think?

Also I would of liked a Butler rematch, kind of like how Duke did with them last year.

Reaction Score
Id like to see Uconn start the series up with North Carolina again. Those were pretty good games back in 03 and 04. Kansas would be another good one. Uconn hasnt played them in about 15 yrs

Reaction Score
me personally would love to see us play

purdue (i live in indiana most of my friends are annoying boilers)
kansas
florida
oregon (i think they are on the rise over the next 5 years)
duke (home and home)
illinois
usc
ohio state
and of course boston college

i really wish we would go out and play more big time opponents

Reaction Score
ah I forgot about Ohio state, they would be good too. Oregon would be cool just to play on that ridiculous court they have. I wish BC could happend, i remember those battles when they had Sean Williams. I want to see them re-up that deal with Gonzaga, that was cool too.

Reaction Score
I was thinking of teams I hope Uconn could play someday in the near future. Teams we havent really played much at all recently.

Florida
Duke
UNC
UCLA
Purdue (yes I know we played them in 09)
Kansas
Kansas St
Wisconsin
Memphis

What do you guys think?

Also I would of liked a Butler rematch, kind of like how Duke did with them last year.
Purdue, Wisconsin, K State. Why???

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Kansas, unc, duke, ucla, florida, osu, memphis

Reaction Score
Purdue: They are a different style of play, a grind it out style. It'd be a good challenge. Also we never play them, so it'll be new

Wisconsin: see above..also, they have been a perenial top 15 team so they would give us a good SOS

Kstate: They have been an up and coming program over the years with the likes of Beasley and Pullen...if they continue to bring in top tier talent, they would be fun to play because of their up tempo style.

Reaction Score
Dook
Kansas
Baylor
Kentucky
Arizona
Oregon
Florida
Ohio St
NC ST
UNC

Reaction Score
I feel UConn has a very poor scheduling strategy. We try to maximize home games and as a result lose many season ticket holders who aren't going to pay-up to see us play a bunch of America East teams.

If we sacrificed some of these soft games to schedule home and homes against top 15 schools we would see a massive jump in ticket sales and ancillary revenues.

An increase of 1,000 season tickets is actually the equivalent of 20,000 single tickets sold. Seeing that the real attendance for inferior opponents is around 8-9,000 and if you factor in the extra 5,000 single game tickets that will be sold for the marquee clash, 1 marquee match would basically generate the revenue of 3 soft games (20,000+5,000 = 8,000x3). And that's just with a 1,000 season ticket increase. When you see UK and UNC's schedules, I think the scenario I proposed is actually quite realistic or else those schools would not be scheduling so many tough OOC games.

Reaction Score
I know they've been awful for years now, but it'd be fun to start the rivalry game with UMass back up.

Reaction Score
Also, why did that series stop? If I remember correctly UConn chose to end it, but I don't remember why.

Reaction Score
I know they've been awful for years now, but it'd be fun to start the rivalry game with UMass back up.

In general it would be cool to have a heated rivalry across sports with a single school. Our rivalries are really fragmented. Syracuse (mbb), Rutgers?(football), ND/RU (wbb), SJU (Men's Soccer), etc.

Reaction Score
I would love to see us square off against the Ephs of Williams, the Lord Jeffs of Amherst and for some local flavor, the Camels of Connecticut College.

Reaction Score
Purdue: They are a different style of play, a grind it out style. It'd be a good challenge. Also we never play them, so it'll be new

Wisconsin: see above..also, they have been a perenial top 15 team so they would give us a good SOS

Kstate: They have been an up and coming program over the years with the likes of Beasley and Pullen...if they continue to bring in top tier talent, they would be fun to play because of their up tempo style.

No one should ever be subjected to playing/watching Wisconsin. They're a perennial top 25 team since they possess the ability to turn every game into a hideous rock fight, and are then able to pull out those wins with their tall white 3pt shooters. That being said, they also perennially choke in the NCAA tourney (kind of like a Syracuse gimmick defense team).

Reaction Score
Yes i agree with uconNYC. I want Uconn to be more aggressive when scheduling non conference games. Step it up and get a home and home series with a Kentucky, Kansas, Carolina, or what i would love to see would be Duke. If K is afraid to bring his team to Gampel then id be ok with a matchup at MSG because the crowd would be close to 50-50. I think Uconn has gotten away from that the last few years because it seems our best non conference games have been in early season tournaments. Thats all well and good but you cant go to Maui every year...check out next years field for the St Thomas tournament where Uconn is playing, its pretty weak.

I dont mean to come off like im taking a shot at us either but i was at the Texas game in 2010 and that was CRAZY. Everyone that was there will never forget how loud it was. I just want more of those types of games and if the teams i said before ever came into Gampel, I guarantee the atmosphere would be like the Texas game where the entire place was sold out and everyone was into it. Maybe one of those teams would bring the XL Center to life too...

Reaction Score
Bentley, Assumption, WesConn, SCSU, ESCU, New Haven, Manchester CC, Curry College, Salve Regina and Boston College!!:)

Reaction Score
Bentley, Assumption, WesConn, SCSU, ESCU, New Haven, Manchester CC, Curry College, Salve Regina and Boston College!!:)

I'd remove BCU cause that will significantly hurt our SOS... ;)

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Two games at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome in New Orleans in 2012.

First game against George f...king Mason with a win for UConn.
Second game against UNC with a win for UConn.

hungry husky

Currently Hungry
Reaction Score
I live in Florida Gator country, and I would love to see a series with Florida (not just because that would mean UConn would come to Gainesville). UF has a hot team this year, should be able to make an elite 8 run with its great guard play.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
2 or 4 year series with these schools.
1-mb@ wb@ fb Home
2-mb H wb H fb @
mustplay in those 3 sports^ throw in others like baseball/soccer/field hockey if needed/wanted.

Tenn
FL
Ark
Ala
Texas
Ok
Indy
Mich
NC
SC
Ga
Ky